• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Could you swear to me?

Yup.

Bale_22freak_out_pic1_1233622213.jpg

Alex McLeish casts doubt on Aston Villa future before Hawthorns derby

Here is a quote:
He added: "The fans aren't seeing the top Villa side, they are seeing a lot of inexperienced kids. Sometimes there are more kids in the team than there are experienced players, so they have to take that into consideration. That would be the only thing I would ask that people understand from that point of view. Just because you wear that badge, doesn't mean to say you're European Cup quality."

We don't care about getting into Europe you thick fuck! You have us three points from relegating us into the championship for the first time in a quarter century! How dumb can you fucking be? We care about staying up!!!

WJD

I'm shocked. Will I like it if I thought the Thor and Captain America movies were unmitigated piles of wank?

Quite possibly. I thought Thor was incredibly lame but never ended up seeing Captain America. RDJ is brilliant again and Hulk is quite literally "awesome". Overall it was a big surprise for me.

1am sittin outside the toilet of my house making sure my housemate doesn't choke on her own drunken vomit. Ive been trying to get a regular sleeping pattern so I can form a routine but there goes that out the window. Considered feeding her pizza, but we don't have any in the house. So I'm browsing footygaf because yeah why the hell not.

To make this OT
I can't wait for this weekend. I'm really hoping Milan drop some points so we can wrap this baby up with a game to spare. But I'm reall torn. I want to win the scudetto but my heart breaks when I realise that there are potentially only four more matches that I get to see il Capitano in our beautiful black and white (and pink). I'm glad our last game is at home, but I'm going to cry like a baby when it is all over. :(

IceCold

I saw someone post this on facebook:

qYZ76.jpg

lol.

Sometimes I like to believe that Ronaldo and Messi are actually BFFs in real life and are just trolling everyone for the fuck of it.

Why would anybody have the impression they dislike each other? (Or have any particular feeling towards one another)

Their rivalry is 100% fan/media made because I can't think of the two of them even commenting on each other, other than one or two occasions. They barely say anything positive about one another never mind negative.

IceCold

Why would anybody have the impression they dislike each other? (Or have any particular feeling towards one another)

Their rivalry is 100% fan/media made because I can't think of the two of them even commenting on each other, other than one or two occasions. They barely say anything positive about one another never mind negative.

No the rivalry exists.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/88/s...ite-to-cristiano-ronaldos-superman-the-story-

Real Madrid insiders say that seeing Cristiano Ronaldo in front of the TV watching Messi play is priceless. When his agent Jorge Mendes is watching with him, he tries to calm him down by saying that people don’t understand anything about soccer, that the Barça No. 10 doesn’t deserve to be the best in the world.

Plus look at how they handshake each other: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP--QB8mdLM

Hopefully when they older they'll put the rivalry aside (unlike Pele and Maradona). It would be cool to see them play together in those charity teams one day.

defel

Real Madrid insiders say that seeing Cristiano Ronaldo in front of the TV watching Messi play is priceless. When his agent Jorge Mendes is watching with him, he tries to calm him down by saying that people don’t understand anything about soccer, that the Barça No. 10 doesn’t deserve to be the best in the world.

Im calling bullshit on that.

No the rivalry exists.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/88/s...ite-to-cristiano-ronaldos-superman-the-story-

Plus look at how they handshake each other: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP--QB8mdLM

Hopefully when they older they'll put the rivalry aside (unlike Pele and Maradona). It would be cool to see them play together in those charity teams one day.

Not sure if serious.

I think they have respect for one another and that is it. They're not interested in each other or each others careers particularly. I'm sure Ronaldo wishes he could do better because he wants to be the best.

Messi is the best so he doesn't have to worry about it.

I really doubt they have any personal problems. Both carry the responsibility and hopes of the worlds two biggest clubs on their shoulders and that is probably more than enough to keep them busy.

Messi

I am still trying to get over the fact that Pep is leaving. So incredibly shitty. But if he feels he needs to leave then I wish him all the best.

Thanks for all the great moments.

GorillaJu

Finally got promoted to Div2. My last ten games played I've been dismantling teams. 8-2-0, out scored them 26-10
Last 20 games: 10-5-5

I wish I didn't suck at Fifa. But I think I'm done either way. I vowed to never buy another EA game after ME3 – and not just for the ending fiasco. Me3 and Fifa 12 constantly crash my PS3 and permanently fucked up the disc drie

IceCold

Not sure if serious.

I think they have respect for one another and that is it. They're not interested in each other or each others careers particularly. I'm sure Ronaldo wishes he could do better because he wants to be the best.

Messi is the best so he doesn't have to worry about it.

I really doubt they have any personal problems. Both carry the responsibility and hopes of the worlds two biggest clubs on their shoulders and that is probably more than enough to keep them busy.

Well yeah, I doubt Messi and Ronaldo pray every day so that the other has a bad game but the rivalry is there and I doubt there are friends or contact each other. That might have to do with the media as they tend to blow shit out of proportions. But the rivalry itself isn't just in the sport itself but in their sponsors as well.

Lightning

Banned
The thing is that only two games have ever crashed my PS3 and both are EA games.
Seems random. DMC HD collection crashed my PS3 and casused my BR drive to act strangely. Didn't happen with any other game but I sent my PS3 to Sony anyway and it was my PS3 to blame. They fixed it for free and sent it back. Cost me for courier fees but that was it.

Zabojnik

1am sittin outside the toilet of my house making sure my housemate doesn't choke on her own drunken vomit. Ive been trying to get a regular sleeping pattern so I can form a routine but there goes that out the window. Considered feeding her pizza, but we don't have any in the house. So I'm browsing footygaf because yeah why the hell not.

Yikes! Hope she's okay. You're already considering feeding her pizza and since this is GAF, let's just get this out of the way: FHUTA.
Am I doing it right?

To make this OT
I can't wait for this weekend. I'm really hoping Milan drop some points so we can wrap this baby up with a game to spare. But I'm reall torn. I want to win the scudetto but my heart breaks when I realise that there are potentially only four more matches that I get to see il Capitano in our beautiful black and white (and pink). I'm glad our last game is at home, but I'm going to cry like a baby when it is all over. :(

A lot of our fans seem convinced that Milan will drop points against Siena, but I'm not counting on it. I'm putting my faith in Inter instead. That's right, le merde. They are still terrible, but they're doing better under Straminchioni and finishing in 3rd place would mean a season saved. C'mon Inter, you can do it. Go for the win in the derby!

Il Capitano ... I'm still hoping for one more year, but he's probably leaving us this summer. :/ I'm trying to free my schedule for the 13th of may for Juventus - Atalanta, our last domestic match. Tickets shouldn't be a problem. So I'll get to sing "un Capitano, c'e' solo un Capitano" for the last time in Delpo's presence. In any case, I have no doubt it's going to be one of the saddest days of my life. :(

But let's not think about that yet. Novara incoming. I won't make it without these:
astronutrition.com-Futurebiotics-Chill-Pill---60-tabs-31.jpg

Fry

Fuck you guys for watching the Avengers while I was having a math test...

I want to go tomorrow, but damn it'll probably be very crowded.

Messi

soooo Lyon's third kit next year is in 3D. are they going to hand out glasses at Stade Gerland?
ol3d.jpg

6972866914_b47ff89239_b.jpg

Thats kind of a fun idea for a 3rd kit. Might buy it for the novelty.

Please Nike reveal your new Barca kit around the week of may 15th like the past 2 years so I can buy it before my holidays. I need some good barca news after the past few weeks. A new kit (yes even if it is the new home one) will cheer me up.

Lots of new kits recently. Bayerns away is not bad but its not great. the pic posted before looks bad but in the video it looks decent. Are they keeping the home strip this season?

So, it seems that it is expected that McLeish will be sacked after the final game. Currently being linked the strongest with Lambert. I think I'd be okay with that. Still would rather have Rogers or Di Matteo if possible.

Messi

Guys, I never got to use my 2 fave Pep GIFS. I got them right before the Semi final and its been bad ever since.

tumblr_lz5a87ySzN1qe8s6wo2_500.gif

tumblr_lz5a87ySzN1qe8s6wo1_500.gif

Goodbye Pep :/

Edit: I am not dealing with Pep leaving well at all. Even though the writing has been on the wall for a while. I never knew it would pain me this much when he actually left.

This video that barcelona put up on youtube kills me:
Gracies Pep
The clip of him hugging Abidal and the clip with Tito get me every time.

This video should make me happy but it makes me sad that those moments with him are over. But onwards we must go. Glad I got to see some games live with him as our coach. I also hope/assume the Nou Camp will give him the response he deserves during the Malaga game next weekend.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Gusy, we have someone who have outfady our fady:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470973&page=97
I wish I were as cool as Fady.
I think he actually posts here :lol :lol

Him and Fady should have a multi-quote battle :p
Real talk: A Black Falcon's posts are longer.
Regulus is a regular here. Mexican League fan. I love his general posts. But this. Nuh-uh
What's wrong with this? :(
I knew that Fady was a closet Anime fan.
I bet he's a SHAFT fan!
I wanna see Fady take on A Black Falcon.

rodvik

So, it seems that it is expected that McLeish will be sacked after the final game. Currently being linked the strongest with Lambert. I think I'd be okay with that. Still would rather have Rogers or Di Matteo if possible.

Just a bizarre move. How effective can the guy be knowing he is for the chop? They should do it now. Save him the grief of facing 3 games of abuse and hopefully give us a boost.

Top Bottom