• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

I think he's overrated as a provider, but there's no arguing with his goalscoring record
He doesn't get loads of assists but his range of passing really is great for a forward.

The biggest criticism against him would have to be consistency. He's been better in that respect over the last year and a half.

Sometimes I think he's world class and other times he's just crap.

Lightning

Banned
Wenger insistent we should have had a penalty against Stoke but I disagree with him. That wasn't a penalty, Benayoun goes to ground too easy, and had a penalty like that been given against us I doubt Wenger would still agree it was a penalty.

I quite like what Benayoun offers but he can return to Chelsea at the end of the year. We should not offer him anything after this season, imo.

Empty

I think he's overrated as a provider, but there's no arguing with his goalscoring record

he's also incredibly flexible as a forward. will do a job for you as a poacher, a false nine, wide left and wide right of a front three and even in midfield. very useful for a manager.

An clip it just showed motd sums Suarez up for me (despite his brilliant hattrick) he showed superb skill to nutmeg a defender then chips over a chance any striker should score.

Then scores from 45 yards lol

Devil

I think this thread needs more Hitler/Nazis analogies.

I want David Alaba to be given the german nationality so he could be the next Austrian to conquer Poland in the name of Germany this year at the EURO.

Bayern's shitty new away shirt was hurting my eyes while watching them on TV lol

Well, it will be gone in 2 years. I don't think the same goes for Großkreutz and he's not a treat for the eyes either ;P

Bumhead

Banned
And Stoke fans chanting "French twat" at Wenger. Bloody hell... too personal.

I've been to Stoke four times, all in non-Premier League football league fixtures, and they were shit every time.

Stoke are amongst the most non-descript, dour fans in the country. The media fourning over them makes me cringe.

And Stoke fans chanting "French twat" at Wenger. Bloody hell... too personal.

That's nothing compared to what i've heard our own fans chant at Redknapp. Something about his mother being a whore and wishing her dead. It wasn't many saying it though, just our 'ultras' a.k.a hardcore ones

I can see John Terry pulling out a knife and stabbing Cisse when the linesmen are not looking.

'He stopped in front of me so I had to pull the knife out and plunge it into his spine. Everyone knows I'm not that kind of player, I'm a big man, God Save The Queen, apples, pears and various other fruits guv'nah'

I can see John Terry pulling out a knife and stabbing Cisse when the linesmen are not looking.

Naaa, he's far too thick to go for the nice weak one. He'll go for Tiote, plunge the knife into him to only pull back and see the knife blade bent at a 90 degree angle. Tiote will then powerbomb Terry and while he is writhing around Tiote will pull out an English dictionary and read it to him in a raised voice thus exploding Terry's head which can't process this strange noise. Think Scanners.

Luckily Atkinson will be the ref and miss the whole thing so no ban for Tiote WOO!

Kyoufu

'He stopped in front of me so I had to pull the knife out and plunge it into his spine. Everyone knows I'm not that kind of player, I'm a big man, God Save The Queen, apples, pears and various other fruits guv'nah'

Lol well done. :D

Naaa, he's far too thick to go for the nice weak one. He'll go for Tiote, plunge the knife into him to only pull back and see the knife blade bent at a 90 degree angle. Tiote will then powerbomb Terry and while he is writhing around Tiote will pull out an English dictionary and read it to him in a raised voice thus exploding Terry's head which can't process this strange noise. Think Scanners.

Luckily Atkinson will be the ref and miss the whole thing so no ban for Tiote WOO!

LOL wtf.

Lol, Arsenal "Ultras"..

Here they are.

Won't comment on the stoke fans

Maybe Ramsey acted a cunt in the game today, if so he shouldn't be immune from abuse just because he broke his leg there in the past.

Salazar

"I can see how it looks bad on replay"

Your whole life looks bad on replay, you prick.

Lightning

Banned
Won't comment on the stoke fans

Maybe Ramsey acted a cunt in the game today, if so he shouldn't be immune from abuse just because he broke his leg there in the past.
Aaron Ramsey didn't act like a cunt in the game today. In fact he had a good game, he should take some confidence from today's performance.

Fady K

My God, Everton. My God, Wigan. How differently the league would have turned out if they started the season properly. Scarily good when they try!! Jelavic. Woowwwww!!!!

Nice kits, Wil. Is it cause you just like the designs or are you a fan of the Dutch and German national teams as well? BTW bonus points for the Batman boxers haha! I'm one of the biggest Batman fans in all of neogaf :D

I just finished Kid Icarus Uprising. Great little title, GotY for me. :) I need to finish Katawa Shoujo too. I got two girls unfinished.

GOTY you say? Must be special. I picked it up after reading about all the positive impressions. Can't wait to hear the OST, composed by a wonderful ensemble of composers! What's Katawa Shoujo?

Lone Survivor is excellent - as is Botanicula. There's something about the latter that's just.... it's difficult to describe. It's just joyful, there's no other word for it. You can pick it up in the new Humble Bundle so.. why wouldn't you?

TRUST me Fady - as a fellow Chelsea fan - buy both.

I'll take your word for it ;D Are they both downloadable? I'm pretty excited about Lone Survivor especially. Didn't think such a graphical style in this day and age could correlate with an effective horror experience in a game.

Oh and I'm a fanboy to the extent of owning every Disney and Pixar animated film and honeymooning in disneyworld

Oh sweet! I myself would love to go for a honeymoon in Disneyland/world! What was the experience like??

Gusy, we have someone who have outfady our fady:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470973&page=97

Hats off to Regulus ;D

I'd take him back in an instant even if he were to become less successful than he has been. Still pondering, Peps Barcelona is no more. :.

Likewise! At the very least, Tito is the closest thing to Pep right now, let us see how he will handle the club next season.

I knew that Fady was a closet Anime fan.

Before I became a football fan, and when I was a lot less busy than I was now, I would make so much time for anime. I wish I still had the time!! Fullmetal Alchemist, Samurai Champloo, Death Note, School Rumble....ahhhh those were the days :'( Do you watch any anime?

Wow, I can't believe how long that is!! I went nuts that day :p

I wish I were as cool as Fady.

I wish I was as cool as you Regulus :D And that megapost of yours is legendary.

Where is he btw? Maybe he is travelling?

Hey there Rodvik :) Good stuff by Given today! I'm back home actually! How have you been?

"The talks between Marin and the blues will be well advanced and could be early next week to be completed. The London endeavor to ensure a long-term cooperation, Marin allegedly to get a contract until 2017."
http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...marin-auf-dem-weg-an-die-stamford-bridge.html

German sky sport has also confirmed it and said he has already passed his medical.

Wow, this came out of nowhere. Pleaaaaaaaase be decent >_< At least he's a winger. We need wingers. BYE MALOUDA.

From Twitter:

Barcelona have closed a deal with Valencia left back Jordi Alba for €13M. Transfer to be announced at end of season. (via gentevalencia)

Damn good deal

Wow, another good deal. Nice, nice :)

Everton 3-0 Fulham

untitled-13cryl7.gif

Bloody hell, so many goals today.

Woooooooooow. Requoting this awesomeness! Jelavic is GOOOOOOOOOOD. Loved that second goal of his against United. CLINICAL.

We're bombing harder than Vita.

I'm telling yer Alan, bring on Ameobi.

Oh man, the Vita is so awesome I truly hope it has a future. The next couple of months should be good with some big titles like Resistance, Gravity Rush, and Little Big Planet.

Wigan 3-0 Newcastle

untitled-1246bev.gif

My God, look at that play!!

Wigan 4-0 Newcastle

untitled-14rsy69.gif
untitled-15ydbee.gif

That's some David Villa stuff right there! Beautiful goals!!

Chelsea will clobber us tbh :(

Worry not Kyoufu, the Premier League Chelsea side are not top-4-quality it seems. For the most part, at least.

iqPECh0jZDyhC.gif

I read it all actually

HAHA what an awesome gif. Saved!

Mass Effect 2 is my favourite game of the generation. Best IP of the generation in-fact.

I have one two more loyalty missions and I can go on to finish the story. Beautiful game.

Maritimo 0 FC PORTO 2!! We are one step closer to our 26th league title! :D

Wow man, congrats :) A good way to end your season after the tough times you had during the Champions and Europa league. Well deserved.

In other news, LOOK WHAT CAME TODAY!!

FCDTw.jpg

LUCKYYYYYYYyyy <3 Enjoy the match man!

Fady K

Where do you get the time from to compile and reply to all those comments Fady?
KuGsj.gif

I spend about 20-25 minutes every other day to skim through and respond ;D The only time it took FAR TOO LONG was on the day I posted the mother of megaposts. Never again :[ Wasted a Friday on it :p

Lightning

Banned
Worry not Kyoufu, the Premier League Chelsea side are not top-4-quality it seems. For the most part, at least!
It's questionable whether Chelsea will be able to field their best players for the Newcastle game. They have a rough schedule with the FA cup next weekend they may play a weakened side against Newcastle in order to rest their players for the final.

If Chelsea want a shot at 4th spot though they must beat Newcastle. Period.

Fady - Disney honeymoon was awesome, got a badge saying honeymoon and the staff were really over the top nice Everywhere and people congratulating us wherever we went.

Wilbur

Banned
Fady, I was always a fan of the Dutch, but they've been pretty poor recently. Germany are magnificent though, such a good team. And Ozil's pretty much my favourite player, so I'm rooting for them. I almost don't want England to win so I don't have to withstand the wanking in the media! Shirts are lovely though anyway :) definitely the best in the Euros.

If the kits are good next year and Soccer Triads do them (the quality was brilliant), gonna get a Juve shirt with Del Piero, a Madrid with Ozil, Bilbao with Llorente (if he's still there!), United with Valencia and maybe a Dortmund or Bayern home shirt.

Don't like the Barca shirt for next year. I don't like United either really :/

Sloosha

Fady, I was always a fan of the Dutch, but they've been pretty poor recently. Germany are magnificent though, such a good team. And Ozil's pretty much my favourite player, so I'm rooting for them. I almost don't want England to win so I don't have to withstand the wanking in the media! Shirts are lovely though anyway :) definitely the best in the Euros.

If the kits are good next year and Soccer Triads do them (the quality was brilliant), gonna get a Juve shirt with Del Piero, a Madrid with Ozil, Bilbao with Llorente (if he's still there!), United with Valencia and maybe a Dortmund or Bayern home shirt.

Don't like the Barca shirt for next year. I don't like United either really :/

Chelsea Bosingwa shirt?

Fady multiquote should be first post on the new page. Hmph.

I can't believe how fast we're burning though OT9! God knows where we'll be after monday!

I think he's the best english player atm.

That's not really much of a feat. I don't really rate English players and I don't believe he could just walk into a Real Madrid / Barcelona / AC Milan / Juventus / Napoli / Porto side and be a success. He'll do good in say the MLS, J-League, A-league, Ligue 1 because in the football world these are not "considered" high level leagues.

Top Bottom