• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Zabojnik

I don't think anyone could have imagined how fucked Kaka actually was when he signed for Madrid.

131089hp2.jpg

"Madrid, give us a call. Pato? He's doing GREAT."

Lightning

Banned
I just watched the highlights of the Newcastle game. WOW at Wigan's finishing, they've really picked that up. Newcastles defendong was shit but those were quality strikes that gave Krul no chance at all at stopping them. That last goal was a freakin beauty, and looked so effortless.

Having read a lot of posts on other football forums, I thought this'd be an interesting question.

Would you have Luis Suarez at your club, with his reputation and potential for further acts of insanity?

Zabojnik

Cavani looks frustrated.

Let it go Yurt, he's not coming to Turin. :) De Laurentis may be asshole, but he's also a man of principle. If he'll sell, he'll sell to the highest bidder. And if won't be us, obviously. He would be the perfect striker, but alas ... Iaquinta will have to do.

Clegg

At the right price he could be a decent punt in the transfer market.

His price would have to be under £15m for anyone to be interested.

He'd also have to be willing to take a massive cut in his wages.

He'll probably see out his contract at Madrid and then move to the Middle East for mega money.

Wilbur

Banned
Having read a lot of posts on other football forums, I thought this'd be an interesting question.

Would you have Luis Suarez at your club, with his reputation and potential for further acts of insanity?

I don't think so. I don't really want Young at United, and Suarez would infuriate me just as much, but he's a better player. So I would probably say no, but if he was offered to us tomorrow I don't know what I'd say

elsk

Banned
Let it go Yurt, he's not coming to Turin. :) De Laurentis may be asshole, but he's also a man of principle. If he'll sell, he'll sell to the highest bidder. And if won't be us, obviously. He would be the perfect striker, but alas ... Iaquinta will have to do.

I don't know why but I think Dzeko will play for Juve next season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Oh believe me, I expect nothing less from Aurelio and Marotta.

Zabojnik

He wouldn't be my first (or second or third) choice, but I think I'd be willing to compromise my feelings and welcome him to Juve. Every team needs an asshole anyways.
This is mostly desperation speaking. We *really* need a WC striker, although I'm still not convinced he is one.

Clegg

If none of the business with Evra had ever happened then I would've liked to see Suarez at United. He can go overboard with the theatrics but he is a very good player and I think he'd work well with Rooney.

But in this hypothetical situation I'd still rather he didn't go to United. Danny Welbeck is starting to strike up a good partnership with Rooney and I'd rather not see that broken up.

Lightning

Banned

No personally.

Not only the racism saga but his type of play, blatant cheating, biting while at Ajax etc... He's just a magnet for trouble imo so no. He's a very talented player but not worth the hassle for me.

For United I'd have to say no.

Another club, He's a good player so I wouldn't say no. You can't really turn players as good as him away.

That said if you were buying him for £25m i'd rather have somebody else. I think there are players as good who are more "likeable" available at that price.

No personally.

Not only the racism saga but his type of play, blatant cheating, biting while at Ajax etc... He's just a magnet for trouble imo so no. He's a very talented player but not worth the hassle for me.

Would you put up with the theatrics if he didn't have the sociopathic streak?

Kyoufu

Why are you so confident Chelsea will beat Bayern? I wouldn't be so sure of that if I were you although 4th spot is more realistic a target. 3rd will be hard, no doubt.

The Prophecy™ has been written. John Terry is lifting the Champions League trophy with a troll face!

Fletcher has a fucking brilliant header

Where do you guys reckon him, Doyle and Jarvis will end up?

Also, shut the fuck up Motson. Vorm clearly played the ball you senile bell

I know pretty much every Liverpool fan does, but I don't think I can look past the fact that he racially abused someone and never apologised to him. It doesn't matter how decent the player is, why would you want someone like that in your side? Hitler was a great public speaker, but you wouldn't want him as your PR officer would you?

edit: Please don't think I am in any way comparing Suarez to Hitler.

I know pretty much every Liverpool fan does, but I don't think I can look past the fact that he racially abused someone and never apologised to him. It doesn't matter how decent the player is, why would you want someone like that in your side? Hitler was a great public speaker, but you wouldn't want him as your press officer would you?

edit: Please don't think I am in any way comparing Suarez to Hitler.
Most Liverpool fans don't believe he racially abused somebody though. I don't think it's that they forgo that act, it's that they don't accept the accusation against him.

Mastadon

Banned
Most Liverpool fans don't believe he racially abused somebody though. I don't think it's that they forgo that act, it's that they don't accept the accusation against him.

I'd suggest it's very vocal minority.

It's impossible to defend or rationalise what Suarez did, but you just have to hope that he's learned from it. People are fallible, and he deserves a second chance.

To me it looks like he's worked on not going to ground so easily in recent weeks, which is a positive sign.

Yen

I think this thread needs more Hitler/Nazis analogies.
Edit: How many pronunciations of Jagielka are there? Alan Smith says, "Yag-yelka" MOTD commentator just said, "Jag-gelka"

Top-tier - Ronaldo & Messi
World-class - Van Persie, Iniesta, Xavi, Alonso, Cavani, Rooney, Ibrahimovic
Level below - Suarez, Nani, Llorente, Soldado

They're just examples of the way I consider players in terms of world-class or not. If Suarez's finishing can become consistently decent, he'll move up a tier. It doesn't even need to be brilliant due to the number of chances he gets and creates for himself and others

I don't consider Rooney world class IMO.

Zabojnik

Just a mock-up based upon the rumors, but I quite like it.

2mmhc1c.jpg

That third star and the silver Coppa Italia one ... *squeezes balls in true italian fashion*

elseanio

I think he got caught up in the moment whilst trying all he could to wind Evra up. Definitely deserved his ban, but I don't think he's a racist who hates black people..

Hope he's learned from his mistake, and I want to give him a second
or is it third or fouth?
chance.

Really disappointed when he didn't apologise though.

Hixx

Jack Colback never gets any plaudits but I can't think of any young English midfielder who's in better form than him atm.

:lol at the Norwich fans chanting 'wanker' at Suarez. Great goals from him today though, DAT THIRD GOAL!

Edit: I wouldn't say Wilshere is in great form at the minute Salvadora haha.

Top Bottom