• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

elsk

Banned
Hargreaves is a different case but still English I suppose... Don't know where he learnt his football though.

Bayern-Munchen-Logo.png

Sloosha

I agree with you by the way, many people I know think Pep quit because he couldn't take the loss lol. I remember Pep hinting at quitting way back. They're calling him a coward -_-.
I wonder how Marin will do :0! Chelsea need more wingers badly.

From what I'm reading, his drop in form is partly attributed to being moved to a more central role. A very good dribbler but not a very good playmaker. Hopefully he can put in a good cross, or at least pass the ball to another player, or it looks like we'll end up with a sturridge on both wings.

Just noticed Fady's avatar :(

Fady K

Your avatar is glorious. Fady you are responsible for the collective erection of FootyGAF

Where would I be without your inspiration Wil :p You may feel anguish at having a Bosingwa avatar, but remember this - he handled Barcelona very well in a position he's not used to for 80 minutes :0!

elsk

Banned
Haha I know where we bought him from and he was successful, but did he come through the youth system or anything?

Yes, like 5 years or something, then to the reserves and then to the senior team.
Selling him was our best piece of business ever.

Fry

France doesn't have a good league? It's not one of the best but it is still very good.

It's probably decent, but no one cares about it, so people assume it's bad.

as do I.

And he disappears as quickly as he came. I don't know why you guys bother responding and feeding him.

Who?

Haha I love this gif! BTW you a Bale fan Fry? I may catch that new film of his, Flowers of War, soon. I love Bale.

Yes, he's my favorite actor. Check out American Psycho if you haven't. He'll become one of your favorites instantly.

Wilbur

Banned
Hargreaves didn't play in La Liga nor Serie A unless I'm wrong . The only foreign team he played for was Bayern Munich. I forgot about the German league which I do rate highly.

LOl I said good league.

I think you're missing the point though. There's a bunch of English players who to some degree have been successful in strong leagues, but you believe England's best player wouldn't be in leagues equivalent to our own? He's the only player that'd I'd be sure would. I know Rooney and English players as a whole are overrated but you're mad if you don't think he's good enough for La Liga or Serie A.

Where would I be without your inspiration Wil :p You may feel anguish at having a Bosingwa avatar, but remember this - he handled Barcelona very well in a position he's not used to for 80 minutes :0!

It's growing on me, I'm already thinking about having a unibrow

Fady K

Fady goes from a Rooney to a Fergie avatar.

ibvoVIsatLwLR8.gif

Haha I love this gif! BTW you a Bale fan Fry? I may catch that new film of his, Flowers of War, soon. I love Bale.

From what I'm reading, his drop in form is partly attributed to being moved to a more central role. A very good dribbler but not a very good playmaker. Hopefully he can put in a good cross, or at least pass the ball to another player, or it looks like we'll end up with a sturridge on both wings.

Just noticed Fady's avatar :(

Hopefully! And besides, sometimes it takes a player to move to another club to discover his spark. I hear from some that Bremen isn't exactly a good team to judge his talents this season.

Worry not Sloosha, my heart will forever be a mix of blue and maroon. What are your expectations on tomorrow's game btw? Do you think, FOR ONCE, we will take advantage of the situation with Newcastle and Arsenal dropping points? The only good news is Taraabt is suspended for tomorrow's game I believe.

FootballFan

I agree with you by the way, many people I know think Pep quit because he couldn't take the loss lol. I remember Pep hinting at quitting way back. They're calling him a coward -_-.
I wonder how Marin will do :0! Chelsea need more wingers badly.

Tito looks very disciplined. He even handled Mourinho's eye poke well :p The players know him too, throwing away any potential awkwardness between him and the players. (Look at AVB for instance....). Did you hear about Alba joining us? Nice :D

Yes, I am definitely a fan of FootballFan :D You are a kind and good poster. I see we like the same animes. Those two are my favorites as well! I am honored to have had anything to do with your megapost inspirations :D

I think we know who the people calling him a coward are. ;)
Marin should be good for you guys, better than Malouda/Kalou at least lol.

Yeah Tito will hopefully succeed. If the Alba rumours are true then it really is a great signing for us. Though not good that we are making other La Liga teams even weaker. Losing Mata, Silva, Villa and now Alba yet Valencia will probably still keep going strong.

:D
Death note is great, I just tend to stop watching after
episode 26 or so, when L dies

edit
Your avatar. What is this. Pep should be in there!

France doesn't have a good league? It's not one of the best but it is still very good.

I think the French league is average at best.

I think you're missing the point though. There's a bunch of English players who to some degree have been successful in strong leagues, but you believe England's best player wouldn't be in leagues equivalent to our own? He's the only player that'd I'd be sure would. I know Rooney and English players as a whole are overrated but you're mad if you don't think he's good enough for La Liga or Serie A.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Call me mad I just don't think he would be good there as he is here.

And he disappears as quickly as he came. I don't know why you guys bother responding and feeding him.

I've been replying, are you blind?

Lightning

Banned
By the way Lightning, you have been waiting for Versus XIII as well? When will that damn game come out >_>
I've been waiting for Versus XIII for ages. Since Nomura isn't working on KH3 which annoys the crap out of me.

And I don't think when it will come out. The PS4 will be released by the time it does most likely. Unbelievably annoying, I know Square like to take their time with games but this is quite ridiculous the amount of time this game is taking.

I'm thinking on changing my avatar to a RVP one but I will wait to see if he extends his contract first. lol

Sloosha

Hopefully! And besides, sometimes it takes a player to move to another club to discover his spark. I hear from some that Bremen isn't exactly a good team to judge his talents this season.

Worry not Sloosha, my heart will forever be a mix of blue and maroon. What are your expectations on tomorrow's game btw? Do you think, FOR ONCE, we will take advantage of the situation with Newcastle and Arsenal dropping points? The only good news is Taraabt is suspended for tomorrow's game I believe.

Should be a tough game. We've not done too well in London derbys this season.

Wilbur

Banned
We'll have to agree to disagree. Call me mad I just don't think he would be good there as he is here.

Oh I wouldn't call you mad for that. I don't think Messi would be as good in Serie A as he is in La Liga. He'd still be very very good though, and I believe Rooney could play in any team in the world. He's unselfish, can play by himself, with a partner, on the wing, in midfield, has a consistently good scoring record, has a great passing range, is strong, fast and clever with the ball.

Oh I wouldn't call you mad for that. I don't think Messi would be as good in Serie A as he is in La Liga. He'd still be very very good though, and I believe Rooney could play in any team in the world. He's unselfish, can play by himself, with a partner, on the wing, in midfield, has a consistently good scoring record, has a great passing range, is strong, fast and clever with the ball.

Don't get me wrong, I think Rooney is a great player even though I don't like his personality. I agree with all the bold. As for his speed I'm not saying he is slow like C. Adam slow but I don't think he is fast either. He has just enough speed to get away from most players. Most of the time I see him play by himself, he seems to get isolated and frustrated. I'm not too sure on clever with the ball. I've seen some great passes and nice dribbling but nothing clever in majority of them.

Wilbur

Banned
Don't get me wrong, I think Rooney is a great player even though I don't like his personality. I agree with all the bold. As for his speed I'm not saying he is slow like C. Adam slow but I don't think he is fast either. He has just enough speed to get away from most players. Most of the time I see him play by himself, he seems to get isolated and frustrated. I'm not too sure on clever with the ball. I've seen some great passes and nice dribbling but nothing clever in majority of them.

Played up front by himself a few years back and scored over 30 goals; he's not half the player he can be when he does but he's a good goal scorer. I'd agree he doesn't have that extra bit of pace but some of the things he does in space, some of his passes and his awareness of players around him is great I think. It may just sound like United tribalism or whatever but I think he's a genuinely fantastic player.

Played up front by himself a few years back and scored over 30 goals; he's not half the player he can be when he does but he's a good goal scorer. I'd agree he doesn't have that extra bit of pace but some of the things he does in space, some of his passes and his awareness of players around him is great I think. It may just sound like United tribalism or whatever but I think he's a genuinely fantastic player.

Forgot about that. To me Rooney is what in my definition the complete player. He isn't great at any one thing but he does a lot o f things good which makes him a great player. Hope you get what I'm saying. If there is one thing I would say he excel at is his awareness. I highly agree with you on that front.

"French twat" is too personal? Think the booing of Ramsey was a bit silly but... Meh, the only thing that can get me angry about Stoke is when their players do their leg breaking tackles. The ugly beasts that are on their stands are just hilarious. French twat though seems pretty harmless compared to most of the chants clubs got for other teams players. Despite, Voyeur is a bit of a twat.

Wilbur

Banned
"French twat" is too personal? Think the booing of Ramsey was a bit silly but... Meh, the only thing that can get me angry about Stoke is when their players do their leg breaking tackles. The ugly beasts that are on their stands are just hilarious. French twat though seems pretty harmless compared to most of the chants clubs got for other teams players. Despite, Voyeur is a bit of a twat.

Like I said the other day, Keita got called a Nigerian cunt the other day in the pub. Was just wonderful.

Inversive

That's not really much of a feat. I don't really rate English players and I don't believe he could just walk into a Real Madrid / Barcelona / AC Milan / Juventus / Napoli / Porto side and be a success. He'll do good in say the MLS, J-League, A-league, Ligue 1 because in the football world these are not "considered" high level leagues.

ahahaha thanks for the late night drunken giggle mate

Lightning

Banned
Fucking stupid thing to do. The whole lot of the MotD guys are shite though.
Wigan are pretty safe now. They only have Blackburn and Wolves to go. They had the hardest run in and handed it to the best sides in the PL, they can take a bow because they deserve to stay up.

My top 3 are like this:

Man U
Man City
Arsenal

Bottom 3

QPR
Blackburn
Wolves

That is my prediction.

Top Bottom