• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Fady K

DAT MULTI QUOTE

Fady should have a new tag.

My current tag has been there from 6 years ago - SIX haha! It would be nice to get a new one. Something similar to Sunhi - "Telling our history. One mega-multiquote at a time." :p

Thinking the same thing.

Malouda has been dreadful hasn't he? Kalou has been very hit and miss as well huh? I wish these guys would be a liiiittttle more consistent. Also, Sturridge has dipped so much this year, he has this habit I noticed, keeping the ball till the opposition takes it :/

It's questionable whether Chelsea will be able to field their best players for the Newcastle game. They have a rough schedule with the FA cup next weekend they may play a weakened side against Newcastle in order to rest their players for the final.

If Chelsea want a shot at 4th spot though they must beat Newcastle. Period.

I agree. Chelsea will first have to beat a QPR fighting to stay in the league. Chelsea have been quite off in the league, many draws, so 4th place may not be in their reach even if they do beat Newcastle. They have to be more consistent. Don't feel too bad about getting only 1 point today, most teams got nothing more at Stoke's ground.

Fady - Disney honeymoon was awesome, got a badge saying honeymoon and the staff were really over the top nice Everywhere and people congratulating us wherever we went.

Wow, sounds awesome :) For whenever the elusive day comes and I find a partner to settle down with, i'd love to put Disneyland on the honeymoon radar :) What a lovely memory for you two :)

Fady, I was always a fan of the Dutch, but they've been pretty poor recently. Germany are magnificent though, such a good team. And Ozil's pretty much my favourite player, so I'm rooting for them. I almost don't want England to win so I don't have to withstand the wanking in the media! Shirts are lovely though anyway :) definitely the best in the Euros.

If the kits are good next year and Soccer Triads do them (the quality was brilliant), gonna get a Juve shirt with Del Piero, a Madrid with Ozil, Bilbao with Llorente (if he's still there!), United with Valencia and maybe a Dortmund or Bayern home shirt.

Don't like the Barca shirt for next year. I don't like United either really :/

I wonder how they'll do in the Euros though, the Dutch that is. Van Merwik has a great record so far. The German team is on ANOTHER LEVEL lol. I fancy them taking the Euro, and threatening for the World Cup in Brazil 2014. The English team are full of many good players though, I would love to see them prove the media wrong for a change. It just sucks that they did not find a better replacement than Peace :/ Nice selection of shirts you're getting eventually! As they are very expensive, I'll be restricted to Barcelona, Chelsea, and
Man U
jerseys for next season.

Wow, check dat multi-quote.

You probably have not met me before, you'll get used to it :p

elsk

Banned
Bayern's shitty new away shirt was hurting my eyes while watching them on TV lol

At least we don't have to use this shit:

New-Borussia-Dortmund-Kit-11-12.jpg

btw, our new Away kit is much better than the last one. And I think it looks good.

Fry

That's not really much of a feat. I don't really rate English players and I don't believe he could just walk into a Real Madrid / Barcelona / AC Milan / Juventus / Napoli / Porto side and be a success. He'll do good in say the MLS, J-League, A-league, Ligue 1 because in the football world these are not "considered" high level leagues.

ic1cjWQg5Yo3q.gif

Wilbur

Banned
That's not really much of a feat. I don't really rate English players and I don't believe he could just walk into a Real Madrid / Barcelona / AC Milan / Juventus / Napoli / Porto side and be a success. He'll do good in say the MLS, J-League, A-league, Ligue 1 because in the football world these are not "considered" high level leagues.

Hold on. So you're saying Rooney's level is MLS or A-League? And he couldn't play for the Porto or Napoli side, but he can for the Premier League champions, scoring 35 goals this season and being our best player?

FootballFan

Fady wanabe multiquote post coming up. :p (I am not trying to replace him!)

Edit: I am not dealing with Pep leaving well at all. Even though the writing has been on the wall for a while. I never knew it would pain me this much when he actually left..

I feel the same, didn't think it would suck this much. :( *Bro-Hug*

The fact that this season has been Walcotts best should only highlight what a poor inconsistent player he is. Sometimes I think Wenger is delusional with some of the things he says.

I find this quote very amusing:

“He gets criticism because he raises the level of expectation so much that when he has a disappointing game or doesn’t make the difference, people straight away go at him because they expect something special.

Is Wenger trying to be serious with that bullshit?

:lol I still remember when Wenger said Walcott is better than Messi, when he was Walcotts age. SMH.

Guardiola has a bad week, shits in his pants and leaves.

Classic behaviour. He's a coward.

I didn't know Barcelona lost CL, La Liga etc in October when Pep decided to leave.. This last week had nothing to do with it. He didn't sign an extension all season because he already was leaving. He didn't want the players to know until they were out of the 2 major competitions (La liga and CL).. Some people need to at least read up before making comments like this.

If so, he should've announced it earlier.

Announcing it after losing against us in Camp Nou and getting KOed by Chelsea in CL gives the impression that he doesnt knwo how to handle bad situations. It's easy to work when everything seemsto be on it's right place.

What I said above ^^ Pep still won 3 cups(Spanish Supercopa, European Supercup and Club world cup) plus has the Copa Del Rey final coming up. So it has nothing to do with a "failed" season.

"The talks between Marin and the blues will be well advanced and could be early next week to be completed.

German sky sport has also confirmed it and said he has already passed his medical.

I for one am surprised. That is a good signing from Chelsea. Marin + Mata, that is going to be pretty interesting.

Apparently Jordi Alba's signed for Barca, €13m

:O hope this is true. Not many good LBs in the market so it is good to get one of the few good ones.

Gustavo is a much better DM than Busquets, btw.

hahahah

I think Sneijder's vastly overrated anyway; take out the year he had under Mourinho (where he actually made use of his abilities) and what else does he really do? Even at the World Cup he just scored a bunch of lucky goals, he didn't play particularly well.

I agree here so much, and even under Mourinho in that incredible year, he wasn't fantastic through out the season, only was good for the last 4 months or so. Was so frustrating seeing his name everywhere as the best player in the world etc lol. Milito was scoring important goal after important goal for them.

Having read a lot of posts on other football forums, I thought this'd be an interesting question.

Would you have Luis Suarez at your club, with his reputation and potential for further acts of insanity?

Well my team is already the biggest cheaters, racists, divers etc according to many, so having Suarez would make no difference. I would take Suarez in an instant.

I don't consider Rooney world class IMO.

:eek: Really? Rooney is awesome and has probably been the best English player for the last 4 or so seasons.

Likewise! At the very least, Tito is the closest thing to Pep right now, let us see how he will handle the club next season.

Before I became a football fan, and when I was a lot less busy than I was now, I would make so much time for anime. I wish I still had the time!! Fullmetal Alchemist, Samurai Champloo, Death Note, School Rumble....ahhhh those were the days :'( Do you watch any anime?

Yep I am confident in Titos ability, I hope he continues what Pep has been doing. :D

You became a FootballFan you say? :p

I have watched my fair share of anime myself, Death Note and Fullmetal Alchemist being my favourites. btw I hope you are enjoying my multiquote post. You inspired me.

BTW great hattrick from Suarez, wtf @ Newcastle, wow @ Wolves comeback, and damn it Arsenal, Stoke is such a lame team.

I didn't make it into FootballFan's multi-post.

IMPOSTER!

yes you did!

Hold on. So you're saying Rooney's level is MLS or A-League? And he couldn't play for the Porto or Napoli side, but he can for the Premier League champions, scoring 35 goals this season and being our best player?

I think you are getting too defensive there for your boy. Stop reading too much into things and actually comprehend what I said.

TeegsD

It seems like I missed an entertaining day of football. Suarez actually scored a hat trick, Le Arse drew, and Newcastle got trashed. Also found out that the football gods decided to have the Manchester derby and the Sporting - Academica games on at the same time.

Wilbur

Banned
I think you are getting too defensive there for your boy. Stop reading too much into things and actually comprehend what I said.

You're saying he'd do well in weaker leagues than the Premier League but not well in sides that are no better than the team he's currently in.

Phoenix Fang said:

ibaezabgDicaWp.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Name me a British player that has succeeded in the Serie A or La Liga league?

How is that relevant to Rooney's talents? Yes he's not the best player in the world but to say he wouldn't be a success in Spain or Italy because he's only a good enough player for lesser leagues despite him being a resounding success in a league considered big is bizarre. If there's any English player who has the talent to play in those leagues it's him.

Also Beckham, Hargreaves, McManaman

FootballFan

^^Also wtf is this Rooney talk in MLS/A-League lol. The only reason Rooney wouldn't start at Barcelona for me, is cause I would like him to play in Messi's position/role. And no way is Messi moving. Otherwise he could walk into every team I think..

edit
I didn't make it into FootballFan's multi-post.

IMPOSTER!

You are the last person I quoted man! Check again

elsk

Banned
Rooney could play in almost any top team, stop it with those kind of comments c'mon... I would take him for the bayern striker position any day.

Messi

Just got back from seeing Battleship. Well that was one average ass movie. I would have thought it was worse but I like Riggins/Landry/Vampire Eric/Turtle/Rihanna/Neeson.

Fady K

Fady wanabe multiquote post coming up. :p (I am not trying to replace him!)

I didn't know Barcelona lost CL, La Liga etc in October when Pep decided to leave.. This last week had nothing to do with it. He didn't sign an extension all season because he already was leaving. He didn't want the players to know until they were out of the 2 major competitions (La liga and CL).. Some people need to at least read up before making comments like this.

I for one am surprised. That is a good signing from Chelsea. Marin + Mata, that is going to be pretty interesting.

Yep I am confident in Titos ability, I hope he continues what Pep has been doing. :D

You became a FootballFan you say? :p

I have watched my fair share of anime myself, Death Note and Fullmetal Alchemist being my favourites. btw I hope you are enjoying my multiquote post. You inspired me.

BTW great hattrick from Suarez, wtf @ Newcastle, wow @ Wolves comeback, and damn it Arsenal, Stoke is such a lame team.

I agree with you by the way, many people I know think Pep quit because he couldn't take the loss lol. I remember Pep hinting at quitting way back. They're calling him a coward -_-.
I wonder how Marin will do :0! Chelsea need more wingers badly.

Tito looks very disciplined. He even handled Mourinho's eye poke well :p The players know him too, throwing away any potential awkwardness between him and the players. (Look at AVB for instance....). Did you hear about Alba joining us? Nice :D

Yes, I am definitely a fan of FootballFan :D You are a kind and good poster. I see we like the same animes. Those two are my favorites as well! I am honored to have had anything to do with your megapost inspirations :D

That Wolves comeback was indeed insane. And scoring 4 goals away at Swansea is anything but easy. Sucks that they didn't play like this for a long time! WTH @ Newcastle indeed...

after gladbach's promotion to the bundesliga they put the moustache on to celebrate their coach jos luhukay
Jos%20Luhukay.jpg

They did this when Gladbach re-entered the first league with their coach Jos Luhukay who looks like this:

23446-jos-luhukay.jpg

edit:
Too slow, but I like me some multiple Luhukay pics.

Thanks for the info guys. That is a kind gesture from them, I think? :0

The only ones who I can think of who've even tried in the modern game are Rush, Gascoigne and Beckham.

Rush wasn't a success at Juventus because he came back the following season if I remember correctly. Although most of the players there didn't like him. Gascogigne time at Lazio was decent at best but not a success.

United fans are ignorant that's why we think Rooney is good.

Amirite PD?

He'd walk into the Juve side, this I am sure of. Their strikers are ridiculously blunt.

FootballFan

I don't think you understand the question hahaha!

I wish Henry was English :(

OHhhh no I understood but was thoroughly confused with that post. LOL apologies.

for a moment I thought the question was a player from the premier league doing well in La Liga/Serie A.

Wilbur

Banned
Didn't Hargreaves go the other way? And Cole went from decent English team to good French team, which is still a step down as far as I'm concerned

Hargreaves is a different case but still English I suppose... Don't know where he learnt his football though.

Cole went from an average Liverpool side to the French champions ;)

Top Bottom