• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Bumhead

Banned
I don't think i've calmed down after yesterday yet. We needed a perfect day and we got one. We've been fighting all season and now we're in a situation where we have one more home game remaining, against an already relegated Wycombe, and if we win it we are promoted no matter what happens elsewhere.

Going to be 37/38,000 Wednesday fans there on Saturday and the place is going to be bouncing. Going to be epiiiiiiiic..

Madridy

Didn't see the goal. Saw plenty of other attacks after that which died because Di Maria a) didn't pass b) didn't shoot c) was lost.

I still don't like him. Also Higuain > Benz.

Ya, he was indeed shit in a couple chances.

Also I agree, I rate El Pipita higher than Benz. Hopefully he doesn't leave us in the summer.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Bologna 2-0 Genoa.

Genoa are so going down.
Yeah, it was pretty awful to see him go out like that in game 1.
There's no god.
LETS GO MIAMI!!!!
And you're the worst Greek/German hybrid ever.
8rLvv.gif

Bumhead

Banned
I don't normally ask, but any streams for the Old Firm game today? I'm sat here on a lazy Sunday hanging out of my arse and fancy watching it.

Say whaaaaa

Zorc just said that Kagawa won't accept the offer at this moment. Kagawa basically just used us to get himself big and is desperate to play in the Premier League. Zorc expects offers from English clubs in the next weeks but says we won't sell him for cheap because we have no need to sell him, so probably around the rumored €15m mark.

I won't miss him, he was a cool guy but we've got lots of players that love to play for this club. So, fuck him.

Also, give Kuba a new contract now, please.

Rad-

Zorc just said that Kagawa won't accept the offer at this moment. Kagawa basically just used us to get himself big and is desperate to play in the Premier League. Zorc expects offers from English clubs in the next weeks but says we won't sell him for cheap because we have no need to sell him, so probably around the rumored €15m mark.

Wouldn't mind him at United. He has been more impressive than Götze in the matches I have watched this season. 15 mils sounds like a nice deal for him.

Wouldn't mind him at United. He has been more impressive than Götze in the matches I have watched this season. 15 mils sounds like a nice deal for him.

I would be very surprised if he didn't sign for United.

I'm not sure how he'll work there, though, with Ferguson's formation. He can only play the behind the striker position and there plays, well, Rooney. He's no defensive/central midfielder like Scholes or Carrick and he's a shit winger. We'll see I guess. Sahin 2.0?

kharma45

Been plenty of rumours for him to United, some papers saying it's essentially a done-deal already.

Rad-

I'm not sure how he'll work there, though, with Ferguson's formation. He can only play the behind the striker position and there plays, well, Rooney. He's no defensive/central midfielder like Scholes or Carrick and he's a shit winger. We'll see I guess. Sahin 2.0?

I think Ferguson wouldn't mind moving Rooney to the top forward position actually. Hernandez can't hold the ball and Welbeck is not effective enough there yet. And Berba is leaving.

If we sign Kagawa I think he'd feature in a 4-3-3. Maybe as the 3rd in midfield. Our formation is quite fluid and changes almost week to week so I am sure he'd have his place. Would certainly mean the return of 4-3-3 in Europe which is a must.

Also, dat Asian market.

Wilbur

Banned
I think Ferguson wouldn't mind moving Rooney to the top forward position actually. Hernandez can't hold the ball and Welbeck is not effective enough there yet. And Berba is leaving.

This. Welbeck can play on the wings as well. Hernandez should never play by himself, he doesn't offer anything as an actual football player.

Yes, I'd much rather we brought in Kagawa and returned to the 4-3-3 than get another striker to warm the bench (or actually retain Owen). Welbeck can slot in plenty on the wings or when we revert to the 4-4-2 against lesser sides. Chicharito remains the super sub.

I don't think he'll be Sahin 2.0. He's not injured and he is not as imposing in his style. Our game in 10/11 was basically all Sahin. But he didn't seem to understand that Real's already got Alonso for that..
But I'm not sure either how he's going to fit into a 4-4-2. Maybe SAF will change the formation? Or maybe he'll to some other club?
(edit: I see it has already been discussed)

I won't miss him, he was a cool guy but we've got lots of players that love to play for this club. So, fuck him.

Also, give Kuba a new contract now, please.
You sound pissed, but on the other hand he played for peanuts (I bet something around a million) those 2 (or rather 1.5) season. If he didn't broke his foot last winter, I'm sure he would've signed a new contract with a PO for a fixed amount, but he & his agent didn't want to sign a new contract out of a weak position (his injury) - so he just continued on his old contract. We also payed something around 350-800 tsd. € for him so it's all good imho.
He just wants to maximize his net-worth (or fame...think about the ad contracts) in Japan and that only works if he'll transfer to a top club. If he can manage to have a great career he'll end up a rich man.

And if he refused the rumored 3m after tax/without bonuses & didn't get a higher offer, than that means that our bosses still hold on to the cheapo strategy for most of the players so we won't end up on the brink of bankruptcy anytime soon, hehe

I'm not so sure about Kuba though. What if he's demotivated again after the EURO? Do you remember how he was afraid to engage in dribblings and kept passing back in 10/11...hope it won't happen again, lol

Kagawa's best scene yesterday:
golperisicborussiafdku7.gif

Götze's goal:
golgotze5vqia.gif

Top Bottom