• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Bumhead

Banned
Commentator on 5 Live has just described Samaras as being "world class" on his day.

Some of the hyperbole that surrounds the Old Firm derby is outrageous.

Kozak

Banned
Today I realized just how excited I am that Fenerbahce is returning to the Champions League next season. Our team has grown so much over the past two seasons and I honestly believe that we may have some of the better talents in Europe in our team.

Miroslav Stoch has been the most outstanding buy our staff has ever pulled off. Chelsea did good by letting him go because he has seen rapid growth with us. I truly believe that Stoch will be one of the future stars of European football. I can't imagine he will stay with us much past a couple more seasons.

Moussa Sow is hot property and its obvious that Fenerbahce was the last club expected to land his signature during the transfer window. If rumours were true, he turned down Liverpool and Arsenal for us. I'm sure we offered more money but most players would still rather choose the reputation of the Premiere League. He has repaid the money we have spent on him instantly, already having scored 8 goals in 13 games.

I must thank Juventus for Reto Ziegler and also Arsenal for putting in a bid for Santos which allowed us to pursue Ziegler. Ziegler has had a quiet season at Fenerbahce and for a defender that is always a good thing. I look forward to having Ziegler defend our left flank for seasons to come and hope we can sort out a deal with Juventus.

We have a solid team with experienced players. I still believe that Alex and Emre are world class and just need the stage to prove that they are. With a lot of European teams that would make up the rest of the top 16 in the Champions League getting weaker I'm actually confident in our ability to reach the round of 16 next season! Hell APOEL made the freaking Quarter Finals this year!

I may just be getting worked up because everyone in Turkey is rivaling against us in the super final but we've remained resilient all season and its carried on into the Super Final in which if we beat Besiktas tonight, which will be no problem, we'll be only 3 points behind Galatasaray who have to face us in our stadium where they haven't beaten us for 12 years!

The time for Fenerbahce is now!

/fantasy

Sloosha

Miroslav Stoch has been the most outstanding buy our staff has ever pulled off. Chelsea did good by letting him go because he has seen rapid growth with us. I truly believe that Stoch will be one of the future stars of European football. I can't imagine he will stay with us much past a couple more seasons.

Glad he's doing well. Was extremely gutted when we sold him.

Blablurn

klinsmann in 96 or 97

5,h=343.bild.jpg

hoeneß yesterday lol

2,h=343.bild.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio Giaccherini, Borriello, Vucinic

I must thank Juventus for Reto Ziegler and also Arsenal for putting in a bid for Santos which allowed us to pursue Ziegler. Ziegler has had a quiet season at Fenerbahce and for a defender that is always a good thing. I look forward to having Ziegler defend our left flank for seasons to come and hope we can sort out a deal with Juventus.

You won't face any problems here.

Kyoufu

Higuain's goal last month where he runs and just blasts it into the net instead of passing to Ronaldo was so boss-like.

I don't know why Mourinho hates him.

edit: here it is

untitled-3g8f37.gif

Oh and there's no way QPR or Blackburn are getting points today. :(

Higuain's goal last month where he runs and just blasts it into the net instead of passing to Ronaldo was so boss-like.

I don't know why Mourinho hates him.

Problem is that Higuaín's salary is below Benzema's. And he wants at least the same money, so, his mood this last months hasn't been the best towards Mou, who seems to be the person that now controls money issues as well lol.

Pay him whatever money he wants, he gave us two Ligas and this season has the best ratio of goals/minutes in the whole team.

GorillaJu

Kagawa would be perfect for United.

Which is why we won't be signing him.

He'll probably end up at Spurs or Liverpool.

No way in hell we can attract a talent like Kagawa. Unless he's simply looking for money and fame, why on earth would he come to Liverpool? He'll probably win nothing and get played out of position.

Not that I wouldn't love to have him there... but going from THE top team in Germany to 8th place in the Premier League... yeah, that would be an interesting move indeed. :lol

We can and should get Gaston Ramirez, though. Having Suarez and Coates would make us a pretty attractive club for a young player who'd have virtually no competition for him in his position. He's a good fit for the PL - quick, big and physical, and direct. I wouldn't be shocked if a team sitting higher in the table coerced him out of our grasp.

Kyoufu

Problem is that Higuaín's salary is below Benzema's. And he wants at least the same money, so, his mood this last months hasn't been the best towards Mou, who seems to be the person that now controls money issues as well lol.

Pay him whatever money he wants, he gave us two Ligas and this season has the best ratio of goals/minutes in the whole team.

If Higuain's salary is below Benzema's then Mourinho definitely hates him lol. Worry not SW, we'll welcome Higuain at Newcastle. :)

Zabojnik

Noel is a glorious man.

xeOeJm.jpg

The man likes to enjoy his music. Last year I went to see U2 in Torino and the stadium went nuts when Del Piero was spotted in the crowd. He was standing like five meters from me and he actually turned his head when I yelled CAPITANOOOO. True story, bro. One of my biggest achievements as a tifoso!

GQman2121

Banned
All you fat, overweight, out of shape, ring-ding eating defenders quite down. Paulo Ferreira is about to take his robe off and show your ladies how a real man defends at center back for 90 minutes. Now hit the music........

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Platini and Boniperti are watching, don't let us down guys.

The man likes to enjoy his music. Last year I went to see U2 in Torino and the stadium went nuts when Del Piero was spotted in the crowd. He was standing like five meters from me and he actually turned his head when I yelled CAPITANOOOO. True story, bro. One of my biggest achievements as a tifoso!

Awesome
lWrTw.gif
Did he shush you?
lWrTw.gif

Nah, he wouldn't.

Top Bottom