• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't like memes but this one made me laugh

OJm89.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
How did we lose to this shower of shit last week? If we don't beat Blackburn later I'm going to kill myself.

You sound pissed, but on the other hand he played for peanuts (I bet something around a million) those 2 (or rather 1.5) season. If he didn't broke his foot last winter, I'm sure he would've signed a new contract with a PO for a fixed amount, but he & his agent didn't want to sign a new contract out of a weak position (his injury) - so he just continued on his old contract. We also payed something around 350-800 tsd. € for him so it's all good imho.
He just wants to maximize his net-worth (or fame...think about the ad contracts) in Japan and that only works if he'll transfer to a top club. If he can manage to have a great career he'll end up a rich man.

And if he refused the rumored 3m after tax/without bonuses & didn't get a higher offer, than that means that our bosses still hold on to the cheapo strategy for most of the players so we won't end up on the brink of bankruptcy anytime soon, hehe

I'm not so sure about Kuba though. What if he's demotivated again after the EURO? Do you remember how he was afraid to engage in dribblings and kept passing back in 10/11...hope it won't happen again, lol

I am a bit pissed because I liked him. And not because he's leaving but the way he did it. Today showed that he never had the intention to sign a new contract, after his injury Zorc tried it for the first time but Kagawa didn't want to talk about that. He delayed the talks until we set a deadline for him to decide. He waited for an offer from England the whole time. Together with him kissing the BVB badge after goals and shit, that's just a shitty behaviour.

So, all in all, I'm not really sad he leaves, minus his wages for the 2 years, it's a nice 10-13m win for us.

For the cheap wages, well, I don't see why Kagawa would deserve higher wages than Götze or Reus. The only one I'd give more is Hummels. And giving Kagawa higher wages would bring us in a shitty situation with new contracts for Hummels, Subotic and Lewandowski. Our wages could explode this way.

For Kuba, I know he was pretty bad the first half of the season. But we need another player. Perisic, Großkreutz, Reus and Götze with Bittencourt and Leitner as possibilities is a bit thin if you ask me. I'd rather keep Kuba than buy someone because I also don't know who to buy lol

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
You know you're shit when he scores against you. I still can't believe Rosicky scored against Spurs earlier in the season.

Top Bottom