• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
  1. Moero Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii! Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! 2
  2. Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
  3. Donkey Kong Country Returns
  4. The World Ends with You
  5. Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Kid Icarus Uprising is next-gen but it would probably be there too.

Clegg

I think that Assassins Creed is the best new IP to come from this generation of consoles.

The Metal Gear Solid and ICO/SoTC HC collections are also two of my favourite things this gen.

Fintan

Wow that was one of the most abject performances I've ever seen from a team.

Off topic but has anyone been watching the snooker?

Sage00

Once And Future Member
I watched a couple of matches after the winter break and you guys were using a very tall and slow guy as LB. C'mon, Izaguirre in his worst moment is better than that.
That's true. Izaguirre is a classic Celtic full back - great pace, skill to beat defenders, vision to deliver. Mulgrew is a different type of player, the fact that he is also a CB says it all. But he's class in his own way - killer left foot crosses, goals from free kicks, wonder shots from outside the box, presence for headers inside and very solid defending. Example.

It's great having both to choose from, really. :) Celtic went for years with horrible LBs, then two great ones come along at once.

I think that Assassins Creed is the best new IP to come from this generation of consoles.

sandro-puking9llhu.gif

Aww shit. Forgot about deadly premonition before, now that was a fucking masterpiece. It might play a bit like shit but it was still one of my favorite experiences.

scarybore

One of my favourite games of this gen. If you don't like the game then you have bad taste and should probably stick to chav games.

Bare in mind that the last traditional JRPG I liked was Skies of Arcadia, I don't tend to get on well with them in general. But yeah, Nier did absolutely nothing for me.

I'll just pick game series I liked this gen rather than five separate games as that's way too hard for me to do.

Halo
The Witcher
Deus Ex
Mass Effect
Phoenix Wright

Since five is too few, Bayonetta, Vanquish, Assassin's Creed, Left 4 Dead, Minecraft and Audiosurf deserve a mention.

And for biggest disappointments:

Splinter Cell Conviction (OK game, bad Splinter Cell game)
El Shaddai (boring gameplay but beautiful)
Rage (driver issues pissed me off and by the time I got it working, wasn't worth the wait)
Alan Wake (not awful, but felt extremely repetitive, the DLC was better than the main game)
Child of Eden (Rez is better)
Fable 2 & 3 (games getting progressively worse)
Dragon Age 2 (shit mountain, nuff said)

And some dude is crying on 606, heartbreaking. :(

scarybore

Crying about what? Blackburn?

Yeah think so, kind of heard the last part. Said he still has hope they will stay up but when the guy is that emotional, you wonder how much he truly believes it.

Feel bad for Jeff though, one of the best posters here imo.

Crying about what? Blackburn?

Yeah, they were talking about Blackburn and the caller came on to defend Steve Kean. Alan Green told him he thinks they will still go down, the caller started crying and said 'I still believe' before having a total breakdown and hanging up.

Botafogo is really close to sign Seedorf, they only have to find an agreement on his salary. I can't wait, Seedorf gone could save this season.

Btw, on average, with Seedorf in our formation we get 1.70 points per match, without him 2.50 points.

elsk

Banned
Botafogo is really close to sign Seedorf, they only have to find an agreement on his salary. I can't wait, Seedorf gone could save this season.

Btw, on average, with Seedorf in our formation we get 1.70 points per match, without him 2.50 points.

It was a nice call letting Pirlo leave and keeping Seedorf, tho!

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah think so, kind of heard the last part. Said he still has hope they will stay up but when the guy is that emotional, you wonder how much he truly believes it.

Feel bad for Jeff though, one of the best posters here imo.

Yeah, they were talking about Blackburn and the caller came on to defend Steve Kean. Alan Green told him he thinks they will still go down, the caller started crying and said 'I still believe' before having a total breakdown and hanging up.

It's a shame, Blackburn won the Premier League 15 years ago you know? They should be one of those teams that are always here. I don't like Kean in the slightest but I feel sorry for Jeff, he's a GAF legend. Also know a Blackburn fan around uni who resigned himself to relegation a few months ago, not good.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sweet lord Sandro was godlike today. He is a true beast compared to the irritating chihuahua that is Parker. That Walker goal was the first we've scored from a free kick all season.

Wilbur

Banned
Sweet lord Sandro was godlike today. He is a true beast compared to the irritating chihuahua that is Parker. That Walker goal was the first we've scored from a free kick all season.

You must be one of the only Spurs fans who doesn't suck Parker off. Sandro's better for sure. I like Sandro.

It was a nice call letting Pirlo leave and keeping Seedorf, tho!

Yep. The thing is that Pirlo was asking for way too much money, and he would've been Van Bommel's substitute. Seedorf agreed in having a lower salary, so he managed to stay another year even if he wouln't be in the starting formation.

But yeah, Pirlo proved this year that he could play like he did a few years ago. Now everybody knows that it wasn't a smart move, a year ago not that much.

It's a shame, Blackburn won the Premier League 15 years ago you know? They should be one of those teams that are always here. I don't like Kean in the slightest but I feel sorry for Jeff, he's a GAF legend. Also know a Blackburn fan around uni who resigned himself to relegation a few months ago, not good.

Oh yeah I know, they were a powehouse in the early 90s. It's a shame when any club goes down but Blackburn don't deserve to stay up this season. It might even be the best thing for them, you have to think the club might make some major changes if they go down rather than staying up and going through another brutal relegation battle next season.

Feel for Jeff. Relegation is horrible, unfortunately it's just the tip of Blackburns problems though. The owners could tear the club apart.

Facism

How is Stoch generally doing there? Remember seeing him being great at the world cup and was really excited for him getting back to Chelsea and play, but then he was sold.

Brilliant this whole season. Fast, precise, clever, not afraid to take on defenders and is seemingly able to shoot from anywhere. Half his goals this season have been snapped from distance.

Worried we're not going to be able to hold onto him after this season.

Clegg

I've just read that Mourinho wants to get rid of 4-5 players this summer. There is bound to be a couple of good players in that group that he wants to get rid of.

There could be some absolute bargains this summer.

Facism

and that's that. 2 - 1 win against BJK. A draw would have done. Need to beat Galatasaray again if we are going to lift the cup before UEFA and the TFF take it away from us.

Wilbur

Banned
I've just read that Mourinho wants to get rid of 4-5 players this summer. There is bound to be a couple of good players in that group that he wants to get rid of.

Carvalho, Lass, and maybe Sahin and Higuain... that's all I can think of. Sahin would be great for us, Higuain is obviously brilliant but he'd be fantastic at Liverpool or Spurs. Don't really rate Lass.

Only one that I can see being moved on and of interest to me would be Sahin. I'm not sure they will ditch him just yet though.

Carvahlo, Albiol, Lass (would also be decent), Higuain, Kaka are probably on their way.

Cheers for the words guys.

The guy on 606 was probably a burnley fan I think on the wind up.

I've been resigned to going down for a while and we fully deserve it.

The worst thing is I feel numb to it all, I've always had a season ticket yet I won't be getting one next season as it stands. I asked my dad the other day whether we should renew an he said that Imif we disagree so much with what they are doing this is our one chance to take a stand.

If they sack Kean I'll renew though, relegation doesn't worry me, extinction does.

I'm glad we had the good times.

The best thing about football right now is this thread!

Top Bottom