• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Speaking of Hodgson there was a great quote from him, yelling at Copenhagens sport director after we lost a friendly match to Celtic in the book I am reading. "What the fuck do you think you are doing coming in here putting down my players? We just played against players worth millions and of absolute great quality, get the fuck out of here and don't come back until I ask you to."

Out sport director at the time, lol :

Ouv2H.jpg

Kyoufu

I think he should move to Germany. They could call him 'Bas Dost Das Boss'!

Hehe, tbh I don't rate him yet. The Dutch league scares me. We signed the top scorer at the time, Jon Dahl Tomasson and he flopped in the PL.

It could happen to him too, plus his goals this season are really unimpressive (tap-ins).

Bumhead

Banned
This was Hodgson's tactics for Liverpool against Newcastle last season.

Tactical genius: "get forward"

Exactly what I mean.

Hodgson has managed internationally, is experienced, has managed allover the world, has proven himself in tournament scenario's, is currently doing a good job with West Brom and recently did a great job with Fulham.

But, he did slightly less shit than King Kenny currently is at Liverpool so he'll always be a laughing stock.

Sod it, I hope he gets it.

Exactly what I mean.

Hodgson has managed internationally, is experienced, has managed allover the world, has proven himself in tournament scenario's, is currently doing a good job with West Brom and recently did a great job with Fulham.

But, he did slightly less shit than King Kenny currently is at Liverpool so he'll always be a laughing stock.

Inclined to agree with you.

He was poor at LFC but there was a lot of stuff going on at the club at the time.

Anyhow, I hardly care, but on the whole his record as a manager is very good. He's only ever had two really top level jobs and both were short stints. It's a bit of an unknown but there aren't many other candidates.

Yen

Exactly what I mean.

35 years of experience. His methods have translated from Malmo to Neuchâtel Xamax. Can't argue with that.

Bumhead

Banned
He was poor at LFC but there was a lot of stuff going on at the club at the time.

Some managers just don't fit at some clubs.

This season Chelsea sacked a man who had an almost perfect record at his last club, and have found themselves in two finals a chase for the Champions League spots again since. The man everybody seems to want for the job, Redknapp, got relegated with Southampton and has a questionable record of actually seeing jobs through when it matters despite tending to hit the ground running. Dalglish has done a crap job at Liverpool and, really, is only a good record in the cups away from being much different than Hodgson was. And he spent £100m to get there.

It would be absolutely criminal if a man of Hodgson's proven record and experience - both domestically and internationally - is denied the chance to have a crack at the England job because people can't cut him some slack over ONE very short period of his career.

rodvik

Exactly what I mean.

Gonna agree with this. His main crime is he embarrasses himself in interviews and has some foolish looking mannerisms. As a manager he is quality and beloved by his squad ( also did you see some Fulham fans went up to yesterdays WBA game to present him with a thank you gift? Amazing).

Liverpool was a tough gig and personally I think he is a far far better manager than Kenny but Kenny (quite rightly) will always be beloved by Liverpool fans.

He would get slaughtered in the England job though (in the press, not the pitch), besides Arry has been the only candidate the incompetent FA has even considered.

Yen

It would be absolutely criminal if a man of Hodgson's proven record and experience - both domestically and internationally - is denied the chance to have a crack at the England job because people can't cut him some slack over ONE very short period of his career.

Halmstad Allsvenskan (2): 1976, 1979

Malmö FF Swedish football champions (2): 1986, 1988
Allsvenskan (5): 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989
Svenska Cupen (2): 1985–86, 1988–89

Inter Milan UEFA Cup Finalists (1): 1997

Copenhagen Danish Superliga (1): 2000–01
Danish Super Cup (1): 2001

Fulham UEFA Europa League Finalists (1): 2010
He'll do much better than that hack Capello.

TeegsD

Rio Ave are tied with Benfica. Hopefully the score stays this way. Just got on soccernet to see that the FA are in talks with Hodgson for the England spot. Apparently he is the first person that they have contacted

edit- late

Copenhagen Danish Superliga (1): 2000–01
Danish Super Cup (1): 2001

Still credited as the man behind our success now, 10 years later. Our sport director and now manager too still got the "Copenhagen" bible they wrote together in his desk and we stick to it. Professionalized the whole club.

Also, our chances of staying up have just risen (because of other teams incompetence rather than our ability of course).

High five! 8)
*high five* it's a good thing our inability to score goals didn't completely screw us over. Plus, it looks like McLeish will be gone!

Omg my allergies are killing me and I have no medicine here. I don't want to leave my apartment :(

Totally agree. When Pardew took over they lined out a 5 year plan, who knows what the ultimate goal of it is but he said a few weeks ago that we're one year ahead of schedule so I fully expect us to make more important signing in the summer then come back and have a proper charge on the top 4. Have to improve on our home preformance against Sunderland though, 6 points off them or bust next season ;)

Can't wait for next season though, we could have a brilliant chance of a great cup run in the League or FA cups. And we've got a Europa spot which will be brilliant, the Europa has been a great tournament this season.

It's an exciting time man :D

Edit: Hodgson for England? I'd take that.

Think it will be better for you guys to not get into champions league so soon. Probably too much all at once. Europa will be good though.

Depending on what MoN does in the summer I think we might be able to challenge for Europa. We desperately need a striker who can score goals. Hopefully the derbies next season will be more action packed.

Also prefer Hodgson to Harry for England.

Fady K

Yes, he's my favorite actor. Check out American Psycho if you haven't. He'll become one of your favorites instantly.

He's my favorite as well btw! I did see American Psycho way back. He was brilliant in it! I loved him in soooo many films. The Batman films, The Prestige, The Machinist, The Fighter - I could go on and on. I plan to catch his film The Flowers of War soon.

It's growing on me, I'm already thinking about having a unibrow

Post pics once you do :p I always felt like Bosingwa is another version of Ashley Cole, with a unibrow and small afro.

I think we know who the people calling him a coward are. ;)
Marin should be good for you guys, better than Malouda/Kalou at least lol.

Yeah Tito will hopefully succeed. If the Alba rumours are true then it really is a great signing for us. Though not good that we are making other La Liga teams even weaker. Losing Mata, Silva, Villa and now Alba yet Valencia will probably still keep going strong.

:D
Death note is great, I just tend to stop watching after
episode 26 or so, when L dies

edit
Your avatar. What is this. Pep should be in there!

Yeah bro, at this rate anything is better than Malouda! Kalou can be wonderful at times though believe it or not! It sucks about how much Valencia downgraded in the past couple of years. They've been quite horrible recently, and lost yet again today. Emery won't last long I bet.

I agree with you about Death Note btw, I wish that did not happen. I would have enjoyed it more if they took another direction. But what a messed up ending, what a twisted protagonist.

As for my avatar, no worries, it's a joke and a reminder ;D Pep will always be among my favorites, if not my favorite. I wish he comes back soon.

I've been waiting for Versus XIII for ages. Since Nomura isn't working on KH3 which annoys the crap out of me.

And I don't think when it will come out. The PS4 will be released by the time it does most likely. Unbelievably annoying, I know Square like to take their time with games but this is quite ridiculous the amount of time this game is taking.

I'm thinking on changing my avatar to a RVP one but I will wait to see if he extends his contract first. lol

Yeah what's up with Nomura's KH spin offs? They lost me with the number of spinoffs they made for the KH series. Every time I decide on playing one another gets announced :p I'm guessing Versus will come out in 2013 - IF it still exists lol.

Should be a tough game. We've not done too well in London derbys this season.

Finally, we got one derby win in the league after all haha!

Erotic Visual Novel about dating crippled girls.

There's a reason I implied I wasn't as cool as you!

I don't have a hat so I'll take you on one!

You are too sweet.
Run. Run before it's too late.

I didn't believe you at first! Sounds like a unique game haha! What happens if I am too late :0 Will I get to witness an awesome regulus megapost?

Bale was fantastic in American Psycho, really captured the character. Shame that whatever idiot wrote the movies script decided to throw in that twist, so unnecessary and stupid.
LLShC.gif

Fady K

I think Fady has got Stockholm syndrome 8(

Dont touch ManU fady, its pure evil!!!

Haha :D The ManU avatar is just a reminder for me to stop hating in general. It's pretty cool self-therapy :p It's working so far. The loss of hate, not the gain of love that is :D

"French twat" is too personal? Think the booing of Ramsey was a bit silly but... Meh, the only thing that can get me angry about Stoke is when their players do their leg breaking tackles. The ugly beasts that are on their stands are just hilarious. French twat though seems pretty harmless compared to most of the chants clubs got for other teams players. Despite, Voyeur is a bit of a twat.

LOL. This killed me for some reason.

I don't like memes but this one made me laugh

OJm89.jpg

HAHAHA Yurt delivering the goods to the thread as always :D The title is on the brink bro! I hope you guys get it. CONGRATS.

Cisse is rocking the manliest blackhawk I've ever seen.

It certainly is strange :/

Yeah it worries me how it's almost acceptable now in football, because no one really comments on it or tackles it. It's a disgrace and holds no place in any sport never alone a world wide popular sport such as football.

I wonder how Chelsea's own black players feel?

True, very worrisome in this day and age. While I wish more pressure could be exerted by clubs on their fans to drop it, it bothers me more that human beings are capable of saying such nonsense in the first place. You'd think they have no idea about other races. Just look at the kind of stuff that happens in other countries - ever heard about the abuse that Eto goes through in Russia or Eboueue goes through in Turkey? Depressing.

Funny thing about Chelsea is a very large number of their players are black. Funny crowds.

I was slightly disappointed that Terry didn't playfully knee one of his team-mates in the back as part of his celebration.

HAHAHAHAHA

Top Bottom