• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Slizz

lol

im going in the opposite direction, im sick of cod

playing mass effect 3, so far so good

next i'll play resistance 3 sp or catherine

I watched my friend play a good chunk of ME3 just doesn't look like its for me. As far as COD goes, for some reason this latest edition I've prestiged the most times I ever have at 5. I'll probably do it a 6th time too.

GQman2121

Banned
Fuck it, we need a Footy GAF top 5 games of the generation list. I'm sick of football for the weekend anyway so a nice change of pace is needed. :p

5. Mirrors Edge - Terrible writing, but I loved what they tried to do with the gameplay.
4. Grand Theft Auto IV - (and DLC)
3. Arkham Asylum/City
2. Portal & Portal 2
1. Red Dead Redemption

No game this gen is in my top five all time.

MGS 4, Flower, Uncharted series and the first Modern Warfare would probably round out my top ten.

(Top three worst games this gen)

3. LA Noire
2. Modern Warfare 3 - Single Player.
1. Original Assassin's Creed - By a country mile this is the worst game this gen and one of the worst of all time imo.

Hixx

Deus Ex and Mass Effect 2 are the best games this gen, Uncharted 2 a close third, Super Meat Boy 4th and I can't think of a 5th, maybe Red Dead Redemption.

1. Original Assassin's Creed - By a country mile this is the worst game this gen and one of the worst of all time imo.

ibidNCIWJ6NLsq.gif

Average action game with shitty horror elements. Might not suck but it's such wasted potential, just throws enemy after enemy at you so you are never even scared as you always expect it and the music usually gives you enough of a hint. It's the truth, deal with it.

http://i.minus.com/ibf5eiNscMh1Uf.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

1. Nah
2. Nah

And man you love Silent Hill games other than the first two. Just criminal.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Demon's Souls/Dark Souls and The Witcher 2.

That's it! Everything else pales in comparison!

TheLucifer said:
Even if we win against Atalanta, you guys just have to wait until next sunday. It's not that much. ;)

It's no cake walk :( Nainggolan is going to out-tackle our whole team again.

DAME N'DOOOOOOOYE. 2-0 after 15 min, awww yeah.

(Top three worst games this gen)

3. LA Noire
2. Modern Warfare 3 - Single Player.

Well yeah, try to avoid playing terrible games but the worst I have played where GAFs opinion tricked me :

5. Final Fantasy 13.
4. Silent hill homecoming (fuck you, konami)
3. Ass Creed
2. Dead Space
1. PES 2008

I loved LA Noire :(

I liked it quite a lot too. Can see where people got sick of it though.

1. Nah
2. Nah

And man you love Silent Hill games other than the first two. Just criminal.

SH3 was awesome. Since then it has ranged from ok to embarrassing.

GQman2121

Banned
And I agree with Bale, I will just never get the appeal of Ass Creed, was hyped for the first then it turned out to be rather shit. Tried the second and it was improved but still by the end of it, not that great. Then they just started releasing them yearly like fifa and it seemed like they were going to milk the shit out of it.

Dead space sucks too.

I absolutely agree that the original Dead Space was completely average at best. The story; camera; repetitive looking areas and enemies....it all just got so old about halfway through. I appreciated when they would try and mix it up, but I wanted more I guess. The lead being a mute was also really off putting to me. I didn't give shit about his love interested and I hated that I felt like an order taking robot for the majority game.

The visuals and sound design are topnotch though.

Forgot about Wipeout HD, Fury. Good game,

Worse game of this gen Socom Confrontation. 90% of the problem is the people who play it, never has one game put me off online gaming so much.

GQman2121

Banned
Red Dead bored me to death. I know that's going to be an unpopular decision but I just couldn't get into it.

Online with friends - or even strangers - is amazing. I got sucked into the hunting check list for like two months with people. The randomness of the bear attacks or people coming up for help or to fight was just so refreshing.

Once again, I fail to see the Modric hype. Guy's given all the space in the world and it's all sideways. He should be running this game.

I'd be pissed if we spent £30 mill+ on him.

GQman2121

Banned
Forgot about Wipeout HD, Fury. Good game,

Worse game of this gen Socom Confrontation. 90% of the problem is the people who play it, never has one game put me off online gaming so much.

That would be #4 on my worst list. Terrible, terrible game. I was in the closed beta and the shit was even worse (if you can imagine) than what they shipped with.

Wilbur

Banned
Once again, I fail to see the Modric hype. Guy's given all the space in the world and it's all sideways. He should be running this game.

He does run games for the most part; since he's been at Spurs he's been largely wonderful, but the start of this season and the last 10 games or so he's been pretty poor. I still love him.

elsk

Banned
Zorc just said that Kagawa won't accept the offer at this moment. Kagawa basically just used us to get himself big and is desperate to play in the Premier League. Zorc expects offers from English clubs in the next weeks but says we won't sell him for cheap because we have no need to sell him, so probably around the rumored €15m mark.

I won't miss him, he was a cool guy but we've got lots of players that love to play for this club. So, fuck him.

Also, give Kuba a new contract now, please.

Hahaha, good thing Bild was "full of shit" eh?... and yes, Kagawa loves dortmund no? hahahaha

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
playing demons souls right now, and it's so so good. it feels fresh even after playing the fuck out of dark souls. these 2 games defined this generation to me.

dc89

I too think he is over rated. When he was linked with £30m moves to United and Chelsea I was laughing.

DAT WALKER!!!!

Pretty brown isn't it.

Look at PSO2 then. So colourful and really smooth. Had a wonderful time with the beta.

The art direction and the shitty engine that makes it look like a WoW mod... Ugh. If anything there's too many colours, should not have touched on the gothic style of the first if they can't replace it with something decent looking.

@BeardedGenius said:
There are stomachs knotted all over Manchester. Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur too. Whether Stockport or Stockholm bred, bitter blue or #mufcfamily red, there are whole swaths of people around the world feeling an uneasy mixture of hope and fear. It’s because there’s a football match on next Monday that matters quite a lot to them.

It really shouldn’t matter this much. Usually it’s quite easy(ish) to be philosophical about football. You can’t win them all, it’s only a game, etc, etc. But this time it’s different. Because this time the joy of winning is counter-balanced by the potential catastrofuck of losing. A bit like a ravenous midget at the butchers, it’s as if the
stakes are just too high to bear.

Winning the league at the expense of your most bitter of rivals would be sweeter than Katherine Jenkins fashioned from candyfloss and coated by hundreds and thousands (behave). But losing, it’s just…aaarrgh. It would be insufferable. It would be literally impossible to suffer (student meaning of the word ‘literal’ there). Especially for those of us who have the misfortune to share classrooms, workplaces and favourite tweed retailers with that other lot.

How bloody exciting though.

Isn’t it fucking ace to feel such heightened emotions. Isn’t it special to have a thing or occasion in your life that matters so much. Of course it makes you feel a bit sick, or a lot sick even. It because it’s fucking visceral, man. It grabs you by the lapels like Eric Morecambe and shakes you awake. It’s the kind of thing that reminds you that you’re still properly alive and able to feel such feelings, when work and bills and work would have you slowly die.

So cherish this week. Cherish the hysteria that’s welling up inside you. Love it, love the crap out of it. Because some people never feel this. They just don’t. It’s great to be invested in something that makes you feel physically ill for caring. And it may sound dramatic, but you might not experience something like this ever again. So be
glad it’s happening.

The love of a football club is like any other love. It really isn’t a victory march. But you’ve got to be all in and be prepared to have your heart broken and smashed to bits, otherwise it’s no love at all. Enjoy the anticipation, and the potential beauty of what could be. Even if it could turn out shit. Because it’s what we endure all the
hours of blandness for. Stuff that truly matters.

Great article by the BeardedGenius ahead of tomorrows game. Sums up my feelings well.

Meier

I too think he is over rated. When he was linked with £30m moves to United and Chelsea I was laughing.

DAT WALKER!!!!

There's a new rumor every day but supposedly SAF is willing to spend as much as £40-£50 on him this summer. He's definitely moving for more than £30 if he does move, that's an absolute given.

faridmon

You guys haven't played really bad games haven't you?

I can't remember my worst game, but Crisis Core is up there. Also, Dungeon Siege 3 sucked as well.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Can't say I find the death of any club hilarious. While I only listened on the radio, sounded like the crowd was pretty amusing and lighthearted on both sides today.
The point I was making was that there'll be a Rangers practically indistinguishable from the current Rangers. No one is being robbed of their club. Why would anyone want that? I saw some kids doing a sponsored clean up of the neighbourhood in full Rangers kits, trying to raise money to help them - you'd have to be a heartless bastard to revel in their club being taken away from them. We're all football fans.

However, we can laugh at them for having a club founded in 2012 with 0 league titles to their name. That is funny.

Edit: Oh and yeah, full credit to the Rangers fans today.

You guys haven't played really bad games haven't you?

I can't remember my worst game, but Crisis Core is up there. Also, Dungeon Siege 3 sucked as well.

Can't blame us for trying not to. I bought "Street cleaning simulator" though and played it. That was so bad that it was great, even made a OT for it. I actually played crisis core and kind of liked it, better than FF13 that's for sure.

dc89

There's a new rumor every day but supposedly SAF is willing to spend as much as £40-£50 on him this summer. He's definitely moving for more than £30 if he does move, that's an absolute given.

Awesome for United, but Fergie will never live down the 'there's no value in the market' if he spends that amount on Modric.

Top Bottom