• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Carbonox

You guys haven't played really bad games haven't you?

I can't remember my worst game, but Crisis Core is up there. Also, Dungeon Siege 3 sucked as well.

Ninja Gaiden 3 is the worst game I've played in years. Resistance 3 was the worst game of last year too.

I thought this was sarcasm until I clicked the link...

iLS1g3TegJBnE.gif

GAME OF THE YEAR

Part of me was relieved we didn't meet in Moscow 08, just for the thought of losing in the final. Monday should be great.
Haha. Tbh, losing a European Cup final against Liverpool would be 10x worse than losing the league to City. And losing the league to City would be beyond description.

faridmon

Can't blame us for trying not to. I bought "Street cleaning simulator" though and played it. That was so bad that it was great, even made a OT for it. I actually played crisis core and kind of liked it, better than FF13 that's for sure.

Yeah, I remember that OT. I bet you bought that game so could make an OT since no one else would.

and, while FF 13 wasn't great, it was miles better than Crisis Core. Crisis Cores fault was more profoundly hidden, but once you play it again, trust me, you will see a turd of a game.

Zabojnik

‏Conte left Mediaset Premium interview a little angrily when asked if Juve will have deserved Scudetto despite Muntari's goal

Sacchi: 'Il gol di Muntari? Beh, sono stati dati tanti rigori al Milan'.

We're all in for a treat next season. We still have to see Conte lose his shit. It will be glorious when it eventually happens. He came close a few times this year, but was able to contain himself. After Parma, then again when an interista journalist tried to provoke him after Cesena - Juve and finally at the Novara - Juve press conference, when he was talking about how Barca's will always be the football philosophy he'll look up to, never the 'other' one (meaning Chealsea and catenaccio teams in general). Can't wait. GUFI, STATE A CASA!!!

Can't blame us for trying not to. I bought "Street cleaning simulator" though and played it. That was so bad that it was great, even made a OT for it. I actually played crisis core and kind of liked it, better than FF13 that's for sure.

Why isn't there a Giant Bomb quick-look of this? :(

Ahh well. Worst weekend of football in a loooooooooooooong time for Newcastle.

scarybore

You guys haven't played really bad games haven't you?

Sure I have, I played Nier. :p

Gotta agree with the "Dead Space ain't so hot" peeps too, first was all right but the second bored me to tears.

For more controversial opinions, Bioshock would have been better with next to no combat (cause it was shit) and with the main character being some investigative journalist discovering all the fucked up shit that had been going on, becoming a full on horror game with the premise simply being to survive. Probably would have sold jack shit but I'd play it.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Good. Your coach is seriously an asshole, all Izaguirre gave the team last season and he payed benching him this season after his injury...
Not how it works. You have to earn back your place in the squad by being better than the player who replaced you - and in Emilio's case that was probable SPL player of the season Charlie Mulgrew, while his form on returning from injury was very poor by his own high standards. No one is an automatic pick.

But now that he seems to be back to his usual pace, and looking less like he's afraid of getting hurt again, I'm glad he's back. Invaluable to the team. Especially since Mulgrew can be moved to CB. :p

"We have done our work and have decided how we want to go about the game tactically and a couple of things we can exploit in certain areas of the pitch against Tottenham," said Steve Kean.

Clegg

List time.

1. The Witcher 2
2. Dark Souls
3. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
4. GTA 4: Tales from Liberty City
5. Red Dead Redemption

mxgt

Banned
Feels good to win a match again

Blackburn with 0 shots, sad to see a team not giving a fuck when fighting to stay in the league

Sage00

Once And Future Member
I don't think there are enough games I liked this gen to pick a top 5. I'd definitely have Nier, Portal 2 and Journey.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We're all in for a treat next season. We still have to see Conte lose his shit. It will be glorious when it eventually happens. He came close a few times this year, but was able to contain himself. After Parma, then again when an interista journalist tried to provoke him after Cesena - Juve and finally at the Novara - Juve press conference, when he was talking how Barca's will always be the football philosophy he'll look up to, never the 'other' one (meaning Chealsea and catenaccio teams in general). Can't wait. GUFI, STATE A CASA!!!

Gufi state a casa is legendary
kJOrk.gif
kJOrk.gif

elsk

Banned
Not how it works. You have to earn back your place in the squad by being better than the player who replaced you - and in Emilio's case that was probable SPL player of the season Charlie Mulgrew, while his form on returning from injury was very poor by his own high standards. No one is an automatic pick.

But now that he seems to be back to his usual pace, and looking less like he's afraid of getting hurt again, I'm glad he's back. Invaluable to the team. Especially since Mulgrew can be moved to CB. :p

I watched a couple of matches after the winter break and you guys were using a very tall and slow guy as LB. C'mon, Izaguirre in his worst moment is better than that.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
How do you guys feel about the term "anti-football"? It's all football to me. Parking the bus is nothing to be ashamed of, it's at times simply superior management.

Let's cut off the two extremes and focus on the middle. Imagine you were a mid-table PL team. Would you rather be 7th and play extremely defensive, 'ugly' football or 12th and play football that is wonderful to watch?

List time.

1. The Witcher 2
2. Dark Souls
3. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
4. GTA 4: Tales from Liberty City
5. Red Dead Redemption

My list:

Red Dead Redemption
Dark Souls
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Saint's Row: The Third
Fallout 3
Splinter Cell: Double Agent

No particular order. I think ranks are dumb in this kind if situation. I'm sure I missed a few that I haven't played or that I've forgotten. Also, I don't have a PS3 so there are some games I didn't get to play :(

EDIT: Oh Mirror's Edge and Portal aregood choices.

List :)

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Ballad of Gay Tony
3. Portal 1 & 2
4. Saints Row the Third
5. Mirrors Edge

I was so surprised by Saints Row that I enjoyed a lot more than I expected!

How do you guys feel about the term "anti-football"? It's all football to me. Parking the bus is nothing to be ashamed of, it's at times simply superior management.

Let's cut off the two extremes and focus on the middle. Imagine you were a mid-table PL team. Would you rather be 7th and play extremely defensive, 'ugly' football or 12th and play football that is wonderful to watch?

Danny Blanchflower put it best: "Football is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom".

I want whatever football isn't Alex McLeish football.

It's a dumb term but one I also love, as you can nearly always taste the bitter tears on the people who use it.

Dead Rising is the best game of this gen. Shame on you guys.

Was quite mediocre, decent at launch I guess.

keit4

Banned
No Vanquish love here? :(

My list:

5. Vanquish
4. Portal (saga)
3. Mass Effect (saga)
2. Red Dead Redemption
1. Demon Souls/Dark Souls

Dead Rising, Fallout 3, DE:HR, Bayonetta or L4D would make the top 10.

Top Bottom