• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

RaGe_pt

YEAHHHHHHHHHH! We are the champions!!!! :D :D :D so happy right now! :D :D
What a dificult season we had but this title means so much to us!!!

576251_10150778071284485_82713049484_9425154_2007681302_n.jpg

Fady K

Everton were amazing yesterfay. As usual, form was found in the latter half of the year. IF we could have started the season with more wins that loss, man. That fourth spot that no one wants, would be ours. Hope fully, now that we have found a goal scorer, then it should be good next seasons.... Hopefully!

You could say i am a big Anime fan, but I can see why would some one stop watching them after those titles. Those are amazing and you do have some good taste in Anime.

You just have to watch Baccano and ToraDora! They are amazing!

Why do you guys always do that? Play so well in the second half of the season? Boggles the minddddd. Thanks for your kind words farid; if I had more time I'd love to check more anime out. I'll come back to ask you for more recommendations if so :) Just stick around and try not to get banned :p

Fady, put WoodenLung down as a Chelsea fan in the OP.

Well the rules were we could only pick one club and I am Copenhagen before all, even last season playing against Chelsea. (Also Joe is so alone on the Palermo list!)

I broke the rule big time it seems :p I'm on every club :p

This is what happens when Torres actually plays up front

Agreed, and thank God that it is Di Matteo guiding it all, he is flexible, and seems to motivate the players far better than AVB would have ever dreamed of.

:lol :lol

Also, Offshore...two hours into Mass Effect 2 and loving the hell out of it so far.

Enjoy it man! Greaaaaaaaaat game!! So much to do!

ME2? more like MEH

Wait, you don't like ME2 :0??? Do share your reasons, without spoilers though!

Clegg

There is the longball (I have been notified that it is a legitimate tactic) and then there is this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJBCaIBUk50

If you can't enjoy that, make the first available appointment with your doctor

Meus, would you ever get over your constant salivating of Barcelonas football.

Longball and counter-attacking are legitimate tactics and they worked very well against Barcalona. Tiki Taka isn't the be all end all of football.

Meus, would you ever get over your constant salivating of Barcelonas football.

Longball and counter-attacking are legitimate tactics and they worked very well against Barcalona. Tiki Taka isn't the be all end all of football.

I'm not claiming otherwise. I'm just saying that video is pretty cool

FootballFan

Awesome assist from Messi for that Keita goal. The players seem happy so that's a good thing. :D

And holy shit I just saw that Torres scored a hattrick... A HATTRICK. WTF..Gaf I want details.

I never make it in to the multi-quotes :/

just for you

yeah you do.

OMG Napoli might actually make that CL spot. If this Udinese-Lazio game finishes(5mins left) 1-0 for Udinese then there will be 4 teams on 55 points lol. all tied for 3rd(the CL spot)

Fady K

Oh niiiiiiiiiice you guys have AWESOME TASTE in games. How the heck did you pick 5?? I have far too many favorites!

Uncharted 2, God of War II, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Vagrant Story, Xenosaga Episode III, Killer 7, Siren Blood Curse, Metal Gear Solid 3, Heavy Rain, Bioshock, Wipeout HD, Tales of Monkey Island, Half Life 2, Catherine, Metroid Prime, Phoenix Wright: Trials & Tribulations, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Suikoden V, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, The Secret of Monkey Island, Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse, Silent Hill 2, the Donkey Kong Country games, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Shadow Hearts: Covenant, Assassin's Creed II, Zone of the Enders II, Devil May Cry 3, Resident Evil Remake on the Gamecube, Resident Evil 4, Super Metroid, Mass Effect - I can go on and on!!

Uncharted 1 is decent. Uncharted 2 is one of the best games of the generation. Uncharted 3 is a pile of shit. ;)

Man, I haven't started 3 yet, but I am afraid of how it will not be a great leap from the second with all these bad impressions -_-

Assassins Creed 2 is my favorite game of the generation.

Great game! I only did not a) the assassinations. Were handled much better in the first (that was the one thing the first game did better than the others IMO) and 2) the story had so much potential....

Nothing will beat ME1's Citadel. Good stuff.

I did notice nothing in ME2 is as explore-able as the Citadel :[

Fuck it, we need a Footy GAF top 5 games of the generation list. I'm sick of football for the weekend anyway so a nice change of pace is needed. :p

1. Mass Effect 2
2. Assassin's Creed II
3. Bayonetta
4. Deus-Ex Human Revolution
5. Batman Arkham City

YEEAAAAAAH

Great taste!!! Can't wait to play Bayonetta and Deus Ex :D

I wish I the Witcher 2 was on PS3. I need to play it.

Nothing has been confirmed, but the team did say that it isn't exclusive to the 360; there may be hope for a PS3 port eventually.

Alrighty

1. Uncharted 2
2. Witcher 2
3. Battlefield 3 (purely for multiplayer, campaign is meh)
4. Heavy rain (Yeah, even with the shitty plot holes, was also a sucker for Fahrenheit)
5. Saints row 3

Heavy Rain? Niiiiice :D I loved it!! I can't wait for Quantic Dream's next game!

Assassin's Creed's story is so ridiculous that it's awesome

1. Uncharted 2
2. RDR
3. Skyrim
4. Batman Arkhams
5. Portals

The Creed games started off very well storywise! They had to mess it up :[ Portal was such an insane experience, especially because of how the more you played it, the more it felt deceptive. Good stuff! Played the first one only a year ago. Waaaay too late to the party.

Dead space sucks too.

Dead Space doesn't do much storywise, but otherwise it was a blast. Sucks that you didn't like it :[ What's cool though - is if you play the game without any music, it is scarier and more effective.

next i'll play resistance 3 sp or catherine

Catherine is strange but soooooooo good. Hope you like it!

I loved LA Noire :(

Same here, cause I am crazy about the 40s Noir atmosphere. It was done very well here! If only it was less repetitive and more effective with its storytelling by the end.

Everyone is forgetting how good Bioshock was (before the crappy ending).

One of the best games of all time. If I had to name 10, this would definitely be there. Bioshock Infinite will be a joy I bet.

5. Final Fantasy 13.
4. Silent hill homecoming (fuck you, konami)
3. Ass Creed
2. Dead Space
1. PES 2008

I didn't mind Homecoming actually. Maybe my expectations were far too low after what Konami has become, but I felt it was decent :p I can understand why a lot of people would dislike it though.

Silent Hill 1, 2 and 3 is the Silent Hill series. Anything beyond that doesn't exist.

LA Noire is fun up until the last desk. Couldn't be arsed to complete it after that. So boring.

Ironic that the last desk is among the more boring stuff. Homicide all the way. The new Silent Hill is full of glowing reviews in gaf btw. May be worth checking out.

Forgot about Wipeout HD, Fury. Good game,

Best racing game I played all gen <3

playing demons souls right now, and it's so so good. it feels fresh even after playing the fuck out of dark souls. these 2 games defined this generation to me.

Error, what other RPGs have you been playing in the past couple of years? Any great ones that you'd recommend?

I can't remember my worst game, but Crisis Core is up there. Also, Dungeon Siege 3 sucked as well.

Crisis Core was great haha! Had a very memorable ending. Cheesy plot though, what is it with Square-Enix these days :/ And the battle system can be a bit random with that DMW slot thing huh?

Ninja Gaiden 3 is the worst game I've played in years. Resistance 3 was the worst game of last year too.

I still can't believe how Ninja Gaiden III turned out, review-wise. I've yet to play it but the stuff I've read are hard to believe. Makes you feel like the feature list for the full game was supposed to be for a demo.

I think that Assassins Creed is the best new IP to come from this generation of consoles.

The Metal Gear Solid and ICO/SoTC HC collections are also two of my favourite things this gen.

III looks brilliant!! Speaking of ICO/SOTC, I can't believe how late I am, when I do eventually play them this summer, it'll be my very first time!

Aww shit. Forgot about deadly premonition before, now that was a fucking masterpiece. It might play a bit like shit but it was still one of my favorite experiences.

PS3 director's cut FTW! Can't wait : D

Arnie

The only plus side to this Roy Hodgson horror story is that we edge closer and closer to a real life interpretation of Mike Basset's England manager.

Can't wait for the press conference where a prickly Woy reiterates his desire to play four, four, fucking two.

Meier

Fellow Portistas from GAF, congrats to us! Such a happy day! I'm going to aliados to celebrate with everyone! :D
Congrats! Porto are my FM club so nice to see them succeed. :D

Hazard having a nice second half for Lille it looks like. Had to go do laundry so not able to watch the match any longer.

Fady K

List:

5. Arkham Asylum
4. Lost and the Damned
3. Metal Gear Solid 4 (yeah come at me :) )
2. Dead Space
1. Hitman: Blood Money (technicallity it's a port but I played it on 360 and it is epic)

Honourable mentions: uncharted series, heavy rain, red dead, Arkham city, portal, l4d, gears of war series and tomb raider underworld (I really dug this)

Bonus Q: top 5 downloadable games?

Messi! Good taste :) Nice to see another footyfan who enjoyed MGS4 and Dead Space. The new Hitman, I hope it's good! And the new Tomb Raider as well!! So many beautiful games to play, so little time.

Downloadable games? 1) All the Monkey Island games 2) The Sam & Max games 3) Shatter 4) Flower 5) Shadow Complex - I probably missed many more. SO many good games this gen.

You made a super hat trick today, a brace on FootballFan, and a brace here :D (With another being up there :p)

Bale was fantastic in American Psycho, really captured the character. Shame that whatever idiot wrote the movies script decided to throw in that twist, so unnecessary and stupid.
LLShC.gif

What was that twist by the way :0 I have no idea about the book difference.

YEAHHHHHHHHHH! We are the champions!!!! :D :D :D so happy right now! :D :D
What a dificult season we had but this title means so much to us!!!

576251_10150778071284485_82713049484_9425154_2007681302_n.jpg

Congrats Brooooooooooo :D

WHAT ARE YOU DOING FADY! NO!

Have faith bro ;D Conte will do his best :) What are your remaining fixtures?

Fady K

Paris Saint Germain took a stumble today. They were leading until the 71st minute. They lost the game in the end.

I always get sad when I flick through a Fady post and see no green

I'm sorry about your loss bro :[ I don't know why Kean remains. I was shocked by his pre-match conference. Didn't seem to give a damn and have a fighting spirit instilled in his team...

Fady K

dc, this is for you. Patrick Viera was watching Hazard at the Lille game today. Not that it means much, but it's good that he's involved as well.

Meier

dc, this is for you. Patrick Viera was watching Hazard at the Lille game today. Not that it means much, but it's good that he's involved as well.
City are quite intent on adding Eden. Hope it happens. I'll be curious to see how good Thorgan turns out as well.

Regarding Sanchez, wiki says €26 with a possible €11 in added fees btw.

Fady K

Afellay Returns!!!!

City are quite intent on adding Eden. Hope it happens. I'll be curious to see how good Thorgan turns out as well.

Regarding Sanchez, wiki says €26 with a possible €11 in added fees btw.

I hope so too! Hazard would make an excellent addition to City. Would be nice if they pick up Kagawa as well!

Top Bottom