• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Got dragged down in the middle but it was a fantastic game.

I never played through the mexico part, that shit just made me stop completely and haven't felt like going back to it since.

Liked MGS4 a lot, just can't go back to it at all. Tried but... No. Just no. I have already watched these 30 min cutscenes.

Wilbur

Banned
Got dragged down in the middle but it was a fantastic game.

From the very opening up until just before you start meeting West Dickens, Seth, Irish (so the opening missions with McFarlane and the Marshal) its pretty much the best game ever made. Then Mexico lags, but the endgame goes back to best game ever made territory (when you meet Ross). Story wise that's my view.

Otherwise, its just an incredible atmosphere, environment, design, etc. I love the Old West though.

Mastadon

Banned
I never played through the mexico part, that shit just made me stop completely and haven't felt like going back to it since.

Liked MGS4 a lot, just can't go back to it at all. Tried but... No. Just no. I have already watched these 30 min cutscenes.

Fuck man, crossing the border into Mexico on your horse with that song playing is one of my favourite moments in gaming.

Salazar

I'm sure United have an interest in Hazard. But thats probably because every big team has an interest too. I think we're more likely to sign Debuchy than Hazard tbh. We could probably sign Kagawa and Debucy for £30m-35m which is what Hazard will probably cost by himself.

And they could never, even put together, be as big a cockend as Hazard is on his own.

Arnie

Red Dead Redemption is the game of the generation btw.

It's definitely got 'ending of the generation' locked up. I haven't received such a cathartic reaction from a game as when
John's son, or in fact I, avenged his death by killing the agent whilst he was fishing. And all his family too. Payback.

elsk

Banned
Is it just me or does Marin look like a blonde Messi haha?

Marko-Marin-Werder-Bremen_2756858.jpg

Welcome to 2007.

Juve - Milan - Napoli - Roma would be best, but I doubt Roma will make up the four point gap on all those teams. I'd probably rather have Udinese over the other two.

Only 2 direct CL teams and one to play-off from the Serie A. (3 teams)

Wilbur

Banned
Welcome to 2007.

Only 2 direct CL teams and one to play-off from the Serie A. (3 teams)

HOLY SHIT I thought two went to play off. Did Udinese come third last year?!

Wait hold on. Napoli, Udinese, Milan and Inter. That's four. Is it not four this year?

Did you guys ever get the chance to exchange a few meaningful words with a more or less famous player?
I've met and spoken to Paul Scholes, which was a complete and total dream come true since he's my favourite all time player. I also met and spoke to Mario Balotelli a few months ago.

elsk

Banned
HOLY SHIT I thought two went to play off. Did Udinese come third last year?!

Wait hold on. Napoli, Udinese, Milan and Inter. That's four. Is it not four this year?

Udinese was fourth last year.

Was 4 until now. Now Bundesliga will have 4 (3 direct, one playoffs) and Serie will have 3 (2 direct, one playoffs).
From bundesliga for next season: Dortmund, Bayern, Schalke 04... and Gladbach to playoffs.

Salvadora

From the very opening up until just before you start meeting West Dickens, Seth, Irish (so the opening missions with McFarlane and the Marshal) its pretty much the best game ever made. Then Mexico lags, but the endgame goes back to best game ever made territory (when you meet Ross). Story wise that's my view.

Otherwise, its just an incredible atmosphere, environment, design, etc. I love the Old West though.

RDR spoilers:
I felt like they should have had his old gang members feature a lot more, It felt like the last was barely shown at all.

Wilbur

Banned
RDR spoilers:
I felt like they should have had his old gang members feature a lot more, It felt like the last was barely shown at all.

Yeah, if more focus had been on Bill and Dutch rather than air time for the civil war, Seth and Irish and stuff, it would have been perfect. The first few hours when you're doing stuff on Bonnie's ranch, clearing out the camp with the Marshal... and then from when Williamson is killed and you go back to Blackwater and Dutch is robbing the bank etc. etc., that is literally the best game I've ever played. There's just a large part in the middle that stops it from being that.

You had an actual conversation with Balotelli?
Yep. In a restaurant called "Zouks". He loves it, is there at least one night a week. It's where he had that infamous rolling pin fight.

I only spoke to him very briefly, it was the weekend after he scored the goal with his shoulder. Told him I loved his goal and acted it out. He just laughed. Loads of people started to come up to meet him so he went outside to smoke a cig :lol

Lots of people run into Mario in Manchester, it seems he's always about.

FootballFan

Yep. In a restaurant called "Zouks". He loves it, is there at least one night a week. It's where he had that infamous rolling pin fight.

I only spoke to him very briefly, it was the weekend after he scored the goal with his shoulder. Told him I loved his goal and acted it out. He just laughed. Loads of people started to come up to meet him so he went outside to smoke a cig :lol

Lots of people run into Mario in Manchester, it seems he's always about.

Not surprised, probably trying to find ways to get into the headlines.

I like Balotelli for the entertainment factor, but it annoys me that he has talent but doesn't seem to try hard(maybe it just seems like that to me)

Wilbur

Banned
I said Peter Odemwingie had shit music taste when I saw him listening to Jimmy Eat World at Reading. He said 'I listen to what I want, huh?' I agreed and said I liked his shirt. He nodded. I walked away.

Gaming side shouldn't be allowed to bitch about MGS 4. They chose it as their GOTY in 2008. There was plenty of bitching about that decision. Posters said that it was overratd, worst game of the generation etc,etc.

Then they did a another poll a few months ago, asking us to choose our GOTY from 2008 all over again. MGS 4 still came first.

Yeah, I never really got all the vitriol aimed towards it either. I really need to get around to playing it one day. It's sitting on my shelf next to the HD Collection..

Congrats to Porto!

Yen

Just don't go near Rahxephon or the gaming side and you'll be okay.

That guy annoys me. You're making a mistake if you tell him PW was a good bit of campy/ridiculous fun, or suggest MGS2, in its absurdity was a great experience. His word is fact, his opinion is correct, and if you disagree, you are an idiot.
RDR is probably game of gen(it or Portal 2) and one of the best of all time.

Carbonox

I spoke to the Gooch Onyewu, told him he was a beast of a man. He chuckled, gave a head nod and went on his way.

Onyewu, there's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Didn't do much for Newcastle. :(

I said Peter Odemwingie had shit music taste when I saw him listening to Jimmy Eat World at Reading. He said 'I listen to what I want, huh?' I agreed and said I liked his shirt. He nodded. I walked away.

:lol

I've only ever met Robbie Earle and Warren Barton. Just said hi to the former and proceeded to talk to Warren cos obviously he's a Newcastle legend. Nice guy. I think Robbie was annoyed I ignored him the whole time.

Slizz

Onyewu, there's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Didn't do much for Newcastle. :(
O

:lol

I've only ever met Robbie Earle and Warren Barton. Just said hi to the former and proceeded to talk to Warren cos obviously he's a Newcastle legend. Nice guy. I think Robbie was annoyed I ignored him the whole time.

Significant knee injuries have kept him from playing a full season for a long time now. Always physical though and was doing quite well for Sporting recently(until another injury =\) if I recall from the Sporting supporters in this thread.

rodvik

List:

5. Arkham Asylum
4. Lost and the Damned
3. Metal Gear Solid 4 (yeah come at me :) )
2. Dead Space
1. Hitman: Blood Money (technicallity it's a port but I played it on 360 and it is epic)

Honourable mentions: uncharted series, heavy rain, red dead, Arkham city, portal, l4d, gears of war series and tomb raider underworld (I really dug this)

Bonus Q: top 5 downloadable games?

Great to see the Hitman love. Quite right.

Anyway the correct list is (console games, no particular order)

Hitman : Bloody Money
Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 1
Just Cause 2
SkyRim
Saints Row 1

You are welcome :)

FootballFan

We'll know in less than 24 hours. Quite excited. If City win then I expect a baby boom around the country, well, apart from down south.

I want Yaya to do well, other than that, I will just enjoy the match. The importance of this game is huge(as important as our game against Madrid, it decided the league). Same situation here imo.

dc89

Vieira was sent to watch Hazard tonight. His agent was at the Wolves v City game the other week. It's looking good.

Arnie

I want Yaya to do well, other than that, I will just enjoy the match. The importance of this game is huge(as important as our game against Madrid, it decided the league). Same situation here imo.

It's a title decider for United, but not for City. Even if City win they've still got a hell of a job on their hands beating Newcastle. And I can see QPR fighting for their life on the final weekend too.

K1LLER7

I think the city team will be:
Hart, Richards, kompany, lescott, clichy, Barry, yaya, Nasri, Silva, Tevez, aguero.

United
Rafael, Evans, rio, evra, Valencia/nani, carrick, scholes, young, Rooney, welbeck.

Hopefully it's a good game, I can see us sitting back and countering. Predicting a 1-1 draw.

Kyoufu

It's a title decider for United, but not for City. Even if City win they've still got a hell of a job on their hands beating Newcastle. And I can see QPR fighting for their life on the final weekend too.

They have the quality to come to St. James's Park and win comfortably.

/pessimist

Top Bottom