• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Aren't you a Chivas fan? Hate on Atlas players much? Moreno is the next overhyped Mexican player. Doesn't he come from Chivas? How convenient. /endtroll
lol

For the record I think Andrés Guardado is the best Mexican player in Earth.
Come one dude. Maza is decent but he's clearly not better than Moreno. He's made a lot of mistakes at Stuttgart this year and always seems shaky. Moreno meanwhile makes very few mistakes and doesn't lose his cool. he's also great with the ball, never loses possession and is a great passer.
Maza was much more influential at AZ Alkmaar last year than Moreno this year at Espanyol, which is what I am basing my thesis on. I do acknowledge his season has been horrendous.
also talking about chivas, they got handled sick by an ecua team. 5-0.
Worst Chivas ever. We were done after the loss to América. Hopefully we can stop deluding ourselves and start working on next season.

So the Mexican FA is proposing a change in the points system. I think its ridiculous. I can't see it having any affect on dull matches.

3 points for a win
Zero points for a scoreless tie
1 points for a 1-1 tie
2 points for a 2< goal tie

I guess the 94 WC being my first proper one. I never realized the 3 point system was such a new innovation, same with cards. I'm not entirely too sure why they changed from a 2 point system. It doesn't seem to have had much of an effect on ties.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2009/feb/05/question-jonathan-wilson-three-points
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahaha

fuck that.

There's only one referee I'd smash in the PL.

Sian_Massey.jpg

zHFEB.png

Kyoufu

Thanks GB. I couldn't find the meme image on google :(

Cheering for Barca tonight because of our own CL ambitions. Though with the way Chelsea has been playing since AVB's departure I think this will be a good contest at Stamford Bridge.

neoanarch

lol

For the record I think Andrés Guardado is the best Mexican player in Earth.

Maza was much more influential at AZ Alkmaar last year than Moreno this year at Espanyol, which is what I am basing my thesis on. I do acknowledge his season has been horrendous.

Worst Chivas ever. We were done after the loss to América. Hopefully we can stop deluding ourselves and start working on next season.

Maza was with Eindhoven, where he was benched at the end of the season. Which is why he forced a move. Moreno I think was the one that came from AZ.

I hope Chivas gets its shit together, buy Barrera, Nery Castillo and bring in a defender Salcido or Meza. I'm already tired of this poder del norte crap. Cruz Azul and Pachuca are not that far behind. Half a year of domination means shit.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Maza was with Eindhoven, where he was benched at the end of the season. Which is why he forced a move. Moreno I think was the one that came from AZ.
Why do I keep mixing them together?

Chivas' embarrassment has taken a toll on me.
I hope Chivas gets its shit together, buy Barrera, Nery Castillo and bring in a defender Salcido or Meza. I'm already tired of this poder del norte crap. Cruz Azul and Pachuca are not that far behind. Half a year of domination means shit.
I'm not exactly sure we need that many reinforcements anyway. The team was doing fine when we had a competent coach, we just needed to get our shit together in front of goal. Of course everything has gone to hell so we have to start almost from zero now, but the whole disaster could have been avoided had Güero Real stayed at his job.

Slizz

The sounds of Barca pummeling Chelsea will make nice background noise while I write my final paper of this semester.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Btw, any news on the Pogba telenovela? I'm still saying it's just a case of Juve doing Raiola and the player a favour by helping them apply pressure to ManU. However, reliable sources are now saying it's pretty much a done deal. 1,2 mil&#8364; + bonuses per year, 5 year contract. I'm having a hard time believing United won't match that.

Robben is a great troll

Pretty much. I still think both of them are using us to get a better contract lol

who thought Jorge Martinez was any good?

Oh Jorge, what a GIGANTIC flop. One of the worst deals in Europe, everything else pales in comparison. What the hell are we supposed to do with him now!
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

Do any leagues currently use a system that isn't 3 for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss?

I know what you're thinking! We should get 2 for a draw! :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Hixx

25k tickets for the final. Lol the FA really don't want Suarez to get his hands on that cup do they.

90k stadium, 50k tickets for the fans is an absolute fucking disgrace. And the daft shithouses wonder why touting is such a problem.

Scum

The thread after Iniesta's goal was just amazing!
5YRcF.gif

I hope Man U destroys Barça, they did nothing to win this, all the fucking match with the ball and never entered the box.

Hope Manchester destroys Barça.....

Horrible officiating both ways all game. That last shot from Ballack was not handled, but Pique's should have been a PK. Then again, Abidal should never have been red carded.

Man. U. is going to shred Barca's defense to pieces.

FFMmr.gif

Carbonox

I'm more hyped for this weekend's Premier League games TBH. Still, I want Barcelona to win. I feel dirty saying that but whatever.

Arnie

The Witcher, Arnie.

THE WITCHER!

edit: Wait, unless you mean you're playing it already?
Already got it yesterday, couldn't put it down. Must've played about 7 hours total in a single day, which is quite shocking. Such an immense game, the story, the world, the characters. Even side quests like hunting for trolls are fun, because there's so much choice in how you want to complete it.
Yessssss, so good. I might buy it again for console.

Amazing how much my week revolves around a simple kickabout on Thursdays.

Same here, at Uni each week pretty much crescendos on Wednesdays when we play 5 a-side. The season's over now though but we've been put in a knockout cup based on our league placing.

Redcafe said:
Stewart Gardner on MUTV just made it VERY clear on behalf of the club that there's nothing in it on the Paddy Crerand Show:

"United have been strongly linked with Nicolas Gaitan... the club have made it quite clear that they are not going to sign Nicolas Gaitan; they're not interested in Nicolas Gaitan, never have been interested in Nicolas Gaitan and aren't going to sign him next summer, even though the press have reported that... United have made it very clear to the press that it's not on... Gaitan is not coming to Old Trafford".

I wish the club would be clearer on these matters.

:)

Super nervous for Sunday's game already. City are going to batter Wolves 5-0 that afternoon too so we really can't mess up or the pressure going into the derby will be massive...

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I hope Chelsea get destroyed today. There's no club I loathe more than them. They lose tonight, then hopefully Arsenal crush them at the weekend.
what am i saying

FuturusX

It seems I may miss the game today :(

Best of luck to the brave players battling for supremacy on the greatest footballing stage in the world (sorry World Cup).

No predictions from me apart from the fact that I don't believe we'll have a repeat of the controversial circumstances that swirled around the last tie.

Game on!

elseanio

So I'm not guaranteed a ticket for the cup final despite going to every game. Bit worried that I can't even start arranging travel till I have a ticket, which will be next week at the earliest

Moobabe

I hope Chelsea get destroyed today. There's no club I loathe more than them. They lose tonight, then hopefully Arsenal crush them at the weekend.
what am i saying

You're just bitter! I hope Messi pulls a hamstring in the warm up and Barcelona are exposed as the one man team that they are!
Kidding... sort of... I wouldn't wish an injury on someone!

I'm not confident, and we're massive underdogs, but why not eh? COME ON CHELSEA!

WJD

I just want a nice change of scenery in the final for once (when United aren't in it anyway). Chelsea v Bayern/Real would be much more interesting to me personally.

In the real world however, Chelsea are going to get battered.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
You're just bitter! I hope Messi pulls a hamstring in the warm up and Barcelona are exposed as the one man team that they are!
Kidding... sort of... I wouldn't wish an injury on someone!

I'm not confident, and we're massive underdogs, but why not eh? COME ON CHELSEA!

I actually think you will do OK tonight. I just hope I'm wrong.

Top Bottom