• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

FootballFan

Who's up for some FIFA.

PS3 ?

btw I found this quote from Guardiola pretty funny, considering my friends have been texting me saying "RIP Pep"

"I'm grateful for all the praise in response to my departure, although I didn't pass away. I'll still be around."

Also as I expected and so did others here on GAF, Pep apologised on behalf of the club for that stupid dance Thiago and Alves were doing..

"We, as a club, apologise for the celebration, as it did not reflect the attitude of Barca players. It won't happen again,"

He also said

"I am also very happy with Pedro's performance. He is one of my favourite players as we started out together in the fourth division."

Then why did you barely use him this season Pep!! Why!?

Lightning

Banned
I love this, Spurs season goes to the pits in anticipation that Redknapp is going to get the England job only for Hodgson to be favored over him anyway?

I think that either manager will be okay. Hodgson is a little defence minded and his attacking formations can suck but maybe with the likes of Rooney he can get it right?

I wish Hodgson the very best of luck because it will be a tough job.

FootballFan

Is something wrong with dancing? I don't get it.

No but it is very disrespectful imo, and obviously many in the club(the coaches, fans and Puyol) feel the same. Dancing to celebrate the 5th goal against the 15th team in the table who you have been destroying all night is not really cool, especially dancing infront of their fans, they started throwing rubbish at Alves after that dance for a reason.

edit
Thou hath summoned the Phoenix Fang.

:lol

Rikkun

I've been thinking my top 5 GOTG but I can't.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 is the first spot tho.

Btw... yeah... I'm so waiting for the next 2 matches.

Oh, and..

HA PAREGGIATO IL CESENA!?!

FootballFan

Hahah wtf! Did you guys see Udinese 2nd goal against Lazio ?? One of the fans blew a whistle and the Lazio players thought the match was over, but then Udinese player Pereyra went on to score while all the Lazio players were just standing around.. hahaha crazy.
LINK

Granted there wasn't much time left anyway, but still.

Hahah wtf! Did you guys see Udinese 2nd goal against Lazio ?? One of the fans blew a whistle and the Lazio players thought the match was over, but then Udinese player Pereyra went on to score while all the Lazio players were just standing around.. hahaha crazy.
LINK

Was probably Pinto out scouting for Barca.

Rikkun

LINK

What the fuck, I always wondered as a kid how come nobody had a whistle like the one the referee has.

LINK

That's incredible :lol :lol

FootballFan

What the fuck, I always wondered as a kid how come nobody had a whistle like the one the referee has.

Yeah me too lol. What a crazy goal though. The fan, whoever it was, blew the whistle at the perfect time though, while watching the video I really thought it was the ref as well.

Choc

Banned

at that level the whistles are generally exclusive to referees and a higher pitch than any whistle available on the general market (to get over the crowd noise)

i have whistles you can't buy in the shops. The person may have got it from a ref. heh

FootballFan

at that level the whistles are generally exclusive to referees and a higher pitch than any whistle available on the general market (to get over the crowd noise)

i have whistles you can't buy in the shops. The person may have got it from a ref. heh

I wouldn't be surprised if he was a ref at some point lol. Thats how he could have gotten his hands on one of those whistles and then know when to blow the whistle at the perfect time.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
You know, one of the great things about twitter is it has allowed previously unreachable celebrities to communicate with 'average people' on the same kind of level, entirely informally. You can genuinely get a feel for what a person is like through their tweets, it's like a window into their life we've never had. For football it's worked especially well.

So when I look at things like Ronaldo's twitter page, which is obviously ran by some kind of marketing agent pretending to be him (either that or he really loves talking about a game that licensed his name, ads he's been and other misc ad contracts over and over every day), it just seems so wrong. Misuse. Sickening. :(

You know, one of the great things about twitter is it has allowed previously unreachable celebrities to communicate with 'average people' on the same kind of level, entirely informally. You can genuinely get a feel for what a person is like through their tweets, it's like a window into their life we've never had. For football it's worked especially well.

So when I look at things like Ronaldo's twitter page, which is obviously ran by some kind of marketing agent pretending to be him (either that or he really loves talking about a game that licensed his name, ads he's been and other misc ad contracts over and over every day), it just seems so wrong. Misuse. Sickening. :(

It's unfortunate sure. But it isn't wrong. When you look at twitter it is a marketing tool as much as anything.

Messi

Alves and Thiago posted on Twitter/ Facebook

Dani Alves
Queria pedir perdon a los aficionado del Rayo que hayan sentido ofendido con el baile en ningun momento quise ofender nadie solo pasar bien!

Wanted to ask forgiveness to the fan of the Rayo that have been offended with the dance at any moment wanted to offend anyone just have fun!

Thiago
Y segundo pedir perdón si en cualquier momento a la hora de celebrar el gol pudimos ofender al Rayo, no quisimos ofender a nadie!
La emoción de haber metido el gol hizo que me equivocara. No volverá a pasar!

And second apologize if at any time when it comes to celebrate the goal we offend the beam, not wanted to offend anyone!
The excitement of having gotten the goal made me equivocara. It will not happen again!

Man those guys must have got in some trouble. Deservedly so, actually.

Messi

People in the PL do stupid dances all the time. Was it really that ridiculous?

I just felt like it was uncalled for in the situation that they were in, being 5-0 up against a team that was clearly defeated. No need to rub salt into their wounds.

This is awesome btw, Tiki Taka in training:
tiki-taka.gif

elsk

Banned
makes you wonder how sustainable it is though...

Well, their government is saving them now. I'm losing all my respect for the spanish teams, really. That's why us kicking Real Madrid out of CL was so awesome, a financially responsible team like Bayern beating those kind of team.

(I'm just going to support Bilbabo because of El Loco :D)

FootballFan

Alves and Thiago posted on Twitter/ Facebook

Dani Alves

Thiago

Man those guys must have got in some trouble. Deservedly so, actually.

I made the =/ face, as soon as they started dancing.

Some people will say they were just harmlessly dancing or something, but I think it was immature and stupid, but most of all disrespectful. Rayo fans were good, they didn't go out and play with 10-0-1 formation, they weren't tackling like rugby players etc. So dancing in their face for no reason with a 5-0 lead was lame as can be. A blimp for Alves' already top notch reputation.

And before someone says it, I know, it was just a dance, but it annoyed me.

Jerome and Crouch?!?!?! I never play em together, but I should try that since Walters is almost always useless

Etherington and Pennant <3

I wasn't that familiar with them so I didn't know who to play on the wings in the first half. I played a 4-2-3-1 w Jerome and etherington on the wings then subbed Jerome in the second half for pennant.

ShogunX

Looks like Liverpool are finalising an 8 million deal for Rasmus Elm of AZ Alkmaar. From watching him a few times he looks to be a very good player with a good eye for a pass and strong in the tackle hopefully he will slot in nicely next to Lucas next season.

sohois

Looks like Liverpool are finalising an 8 million deal for Rasmus Elm of AZ Alkmaar. From watching him a few times he looks to be a very good player with a good eye for a pass and strong in the tackle hopefully he will slot in nicely next to Lucas next season.

Liverpool are supposed to have finished multiple deals recently it seems, but given that the club is currently without a DoF I'd be surprised if any of the deals are actually true.

Don't actually know anything about Elm and haven't heard any decent links myself, though a quick search shows a bunch of paper reports linking Liverpool. I would presume he'd is being signed as someone to back up Lucas since that is the main midfield area that needs strengthening.

Meier

Posted this in the new pics thread.. but here's what I'll be wearing to work tomorrow to show my support. Bought an away shirt since I'm cheap. :p

8bf40d40914a11e1ab011231381052c0_7.jpg

209c4c38914a11e1ab011231381052c0_7.jpg

Top Bottom