• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

elsk

Banned
Posted this in the new pics thread.. but here's what I'll be wearing to work tomorrow to show my support. Bought an away shirt since I'm cheap. :p

[-IMG]http://distilleryimage8.instagram.com/8bf40d40914a11e1ab011231381052c0_7.jpg[/IMG]
[I-MG]http://distilleryimage11.instagram.com/209c4c38914a11e1ab011231381052c0_7.jpg[/IMG]

Very classy kit, man!

ATF487

Damnit, I didn't expect tickets for Liverpool/Roma to go as quickly as they have been. I think I'm going to get standing room tickets because I can't be in the makeshift kop section. Also i'm poor

Labadal

Rasmus Elm would be a solid addition to the Liverpool squad. Seen him a few times in the Dutch league and watched most of his international appearances for Sweden. Good passer, decent shots and good work rate. He's not a wimp and would probably fit in the PL.

On the other hand, it's just a rumour.

Once when I watched him play in the league, Man Utd scouts were watching the game. Apparently, they've watched him more than once.

Choc

Banned
Acme Thunderer>

no its a custom set of FOX 40's that FIFA get created for International referees. I gain access to it by being a nationally accredited referee and refereeing stadium football (need to blow over the crowd noise, its ridiculous how loud it is)

dc89

Tevez quotes from the Manchetser Evening News:

'my relationship with the manager is totally fine, he's been as good as gold with me and there have been no problems.'
'I want to repay his (Sheikh Mansour) faith and stay for as long a it takes to make the project a success.'
'I am an ambitious person, I want to work hard and win things with City, that's all that matters to me as a player and a person.'

Well that's him off in summer then. I would quite like him to stay though.

Oxx

If it's Monday Night Football, Gary Neville's doing studio analysis rather than commentary, right?

I can't imagine his orgasmic moaning if Rooney scored a last-minute winner.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vidal "I am proud of the interest from Real, but I'm happy to wear the shirt of Juventus. I can not ask for more."

Vidaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal

Let's give him a few more millions.

MPW

Vidal "I am proud of the interest from Real, but I'm happy to wear the shirt of Juventus. I can not ask for more."

what he meant to say:

i don't want to fight for a spot, i rather stay in juve where there is less competition for me to start

madrid needs to get javi martinez, kagawa and rvp (if higuain goes to psg)!

GorillaJu

Fernando Torres: The white shirt is very famous and for a lot of players their goal is to one day play in that Madrid shirt because they are seen by many as the biggest club in the world. The white shirt is a huge privilege for players, but for me the biggest privilege in Europe is the red shirt of Liverpool.

what he meant to say:

i don't want to fight for a spot, i rather stay in juve where there is less competition for me to start

madrid needs to get javi martinez, kagawa and rvp (if higuain goes to psg)!

I'm going to start writing down all the names of players you think Real needs to buy and you'll see how absolutely ridiculous you sound chirping in here talking about other teams' players week in and week out. You think every fucking footballer who's ever made headlines should be bought by Real Madrid.

dc89

Fernando Torres: The white shirt is very famous and for a lot of players their goal is to one day play in that Madrid shirt because they are seen by many as the biggest club in the world. The white shirt is a huge privilege for players, but for me the biggest privilege in Europe is the red shirt of Liverpool.

I'm going to start writing down all the names of players you think Real needs to buy and you'll see how absolutely ridiculous you sound chirping in here talking about other teams' players week in and week out. You think every fucking footballer who's ever made headlines should be bought by Real Madrid.

Madrid to buy Tevez, Kompany, Silva, Suarez, Cleverley, RVP, Bale and Modric this summer. Confirmed.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

:(

About Torres, this is how I look at it: He was clearly not the man he once was. He wanted to start again from scratch, hoping that it was Liverpool (their tactics/manager/team) and not him that caused his dip in form.

GorillaJu

:(

About Torres, this is how I look at it: He was clearly not the man he once was. He wanted to start again from scratch, hoping that it was Liverpool (tactics/manager/team) and not him that caused his dip in form.

I agree, I'm not saying Vidal's situation is parallel, it's just funny how damn near identical the two quotes are.

dc89

Pity he can't file some awesome tax returns.

ohsnap.gif

Lightning

Banned
I really hope arsenal sell Diaby. It is just stupid now. You can only persevere with a players injuries for so long until it becomes a money spinning waste of time. I understand Wenger's reluctance given his bias towards French players but I don't see how giving Diaby another season with us is justified while complaining on the other hand that 25 player squad restrictions is not enough.

Seep

Roy Hodgson and England? Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha too fucking good.

Watch all the journo's who claimed he was good enough for Liverpool say he's not good enough for England.

dc89

Roy Hodgson and England? Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha too fucking good.

Watch all the journo's who claimed he was good enough for Liverpool say he's not good enough for England.

To be fair, maybe that's what England need, a manager who doesn't come with a huge price tag, a big name, a massive reputation of winning things. England fans and the media need to lower expectations, we are not good enough to win anything at the moment.

And the last time the people's choice got the job, well, that was Keegan and look what happened there.

I really hope arsenal sell Diaby. It is just stupid now. You can only persevere with a players injuries for so long until it becomes a money spinning waste of time. I understand Wenger's reluctance given his bias towards French players but I don't see how giving Diaby another season with us is justified while complaining on the other hand that 25 player squad restrictions is not enough.

I suspect his time will come when the Coq establishes himself.

I can't see how Wenger can complain about small squads considering he utilizes a core of 15-17 players.

Moobabe

As an Arsenal fan I expected a little better than "Wenger's bias towards French players" - here's your team from Saturday, I'll leave the rest to you:

Szczesny, Sagna, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Gibbs, Rosicky, Ramsey, Song, Benayoun, Van Persie, Gervinho.

sohois

To be fair, maybe that's what England need, a manager who doesn't come with a huge price tag, a big name, a massive reputation of winning things. England fans and the media need to lower expectations, we are not good enough to win anything at the moment.

And the last time the people's choice got the job, well, that was Keegan and look what happened there.

I recall saying a few weeks ago that what England should really do is abandon the hope of actually playing attractive football and just stick to their strengths, playing a Stoke-esque 4-4-2 with big target men and tough tackling midfielders, so in theory Hodgson is a good choice since that seems to be his favoured tactics.

Unfortunately I doubt Hodgson has the tactical nous or force of will to actually pick the right players, chances are he will stick with the same old England players while trying to force the likes of Rooney, Sturridge, Wilshere, etc. into the aforementioned 4-4-2.

If you ask me there is absolutely no need to lower expectations of the media and the fans; the mere fact that the appointment of Hodgson has been met with some optimism is enough to suggest to me that England ambitions are already in the toilet.

Salvadora

A very talented player but its a shame about the injuries, I don't know if I would sell him now but he seriously needs to stay fit.

Wilbur

Banned
Finished my exam 45 minutes early and first to leave the hall, yeahhhh motherfucker. Now watch me fail seeing as the first time I did revision was half 8 this morning :(

AHHHHHH IM SO NERVOUS AHHHHHHHH I DON'T WANT TO CRY TONIGHT

Top Bottom