• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Alves looking more and more like he is on his way out. That little number today with Thiago didn't sit well with Guardiola at all.

If that Anzhi team makes a good offer, Barca will sell.

dc89

I think the city team will be:
Hart, Richards, kompany, lescott, clichy, Barry, yaya, Nasri, Silva, Tevez, aguero.

United
Rafael, Evans, rio, evra, Valencia/nani, carrick, scholes, young, Rooney, welbeck.

Hopefully it's a good game, I can see us sitting back and countering. Predicting a 1-1 draw.

United start with 10 men!! GOOD! It makes up for the time Kompany was sent off for a physical challenge.

Kyoufu

Alves looking more and more like he is on his way out. That little number today with Thiago didn't sit well with Guardiola at all.

If that Anzhi team makes a good offer, Barca will sell.

Guardiola isn't the manager next season, and so what if he celebrates a goal?

Significant knee injuries have kept him from playing a full season for a long time now. Always physical though and was doing quite well for Sporting recently(until another injury =\) if I recall from the Sporting supporters in this thread.

Yeah, he was having a great season, even scored a couple of decisive goals but he was out for a few months. Had his first game last weekend and he played well. He seems to be loving it here and he is one of the most liked players by our supporters.

Ashes

Banned
I think the city team will be:
Hart, Richards, kompany, lescott, clichy, Barry, yaya, Nasri, Silva, Tevez, aguero.

United
De Gea,Rafael, Evans, rio, evra, Valencia/nani, carrick, scholes, young, Rooney, welbeck.

Hopefully it's a good game, I can see us sitting back and countering. Predicting a 1-1 draw.

Fixed. Though I have a feeling there's a chance Berba might play.

Slizz

Yeah, he was having a great season, even scored a couple of decisive goals but he was out for a few months. Had his first game last weekend and he played well. He seems to be loving it here and he is one of the most liked players by our supporters.

He is a massive man in real life. I'm 6' 2" and felt like a child next to him.

Scum

Holy shit! I missed out today!

• Torres bags a hattrick on FM and in real life.
    Sandro starts and delivers brilliantly! :O
    Blackburn. :-(
    Barca and R. Madrid destroy all those who oppose them.
    Finally watched Captain America and it was shite.

And to top it off, Hodgson for England! Perfect pick, actually. :lol

Ashes

Banned
Holy shit! I missed out today!

• Torres bags a hattrick on FM and in real life.
    Sandro starts and delivers brilliantly! :O
    Blackburn. :-(
    Barca and R. Madrid destroy all those who oppose them.
    Finally watched Captain America and it was shite.

And to top it off, Hodgson for England! Perfect pick, actually. :lol

He was only the first to be interviewed. That's all.

K1LLER7

I think/hope Clev gets a half hour. Scholesy won't be able to dictate how much he runs, and he'll be running a lot.

Unless, like KILLER7 says, we mostly sit deep.
I hope we go at them like we did in the first half of the FA cup match, hopefully we don't defend like we did back then and against Everton.

I can see Fergie using Giggs in the second half, it's better than him starting I guess.

Ashes

Banned
I think/hope Clev gets a half hour. Scholesy won't be able to dictate how much he runs, and he'll be running a lot.

Unless, like KILLER7 says, we mostly sit deep.

To be perfectly honest, I hope they don't play 4-4-2. Man City have a knack for keeping a lot of the possession, Italian football style. So I think we need to flood the midfield.

I hope they (United) play four-two-three-one, with Rooney on the left, and Cleverly in the middle of the attacking midfield three, with Valencia on the right. Which means berba, hernandez or wellbeck up front.

But the above is, I know, embarrassingly unlikely. ;)

FootballFan

but his right hand is the manager? he didn't look impressed by that little dance either.

I mentioned that in my post after the match was finished. Puyol ran in between and shoved them both, I myself thought it was immature and disrespectful to Rayo, I know the game is already over, but scoring a goal and dancing after it is 5-0 is just not good imo. Good that Puyol, being the captain that he is, thought the same.

He's cheaper.

McCleish can go to WBA after Villa get relegated. Hopefully he'll continue his midlands streak.

They call him McRelegator in Birmingham.

7tolru.jpg

Rdr is my favourite game ever but I got robbed of one of it's greatest moments due to stupid design.

As soon as I got into Mexico I got off the horse and the music stopped :(

Loads of people started to come up to meet him so he went outside to smoke a cig :lol
Balotelli is a smoker? What the hell? Can't be good for fitness or training.

Great to see the Hitman love. Quite right.

Anyway the correct list is (console games, no particular order)

Hitman : Bloody Money
Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 1
Just Cause 2
SkyRim
Saints Row 1

You are welcome :)
My 13 yr old brother is obsessed with this game. Looks like fun.

He is a massive man in real life. I'm 6' 2" and felt like a child next to him.

6'2" bros!

They call him McRelegator in Birmingham.

7tolru.jpg
I let my guard down and this made me laugh a little :(

spidye

Rdr is my favourite game ever but I got robbed of one of it's greatest moments due to stupid design.

As soon as I got into Mexico I got off the horse and the music stopped :(
me too. seems like a stupid design choice.
it's not my favourite game ever. the mexico part was too stupid and tedious but I still like it a lot. Mario Galaxy1/2 is by far the best thing this gen has offered

Watched a few episodes and thought it was pretty boring, the game looks cool though, surprised considering how shit Jurassic park from telltale was.

so I just finished the walking dead game ep 1, it was a cool little story.

The game, Slizz!

Not that I'm one for proofreading at the moment.

By 7pm tomorrow could we have an agreement in place for Hodgson? Imagine Di Matteo getting his old job back next season when whoever Roman bought in March shows up..

It can get a little slow in Season 1 and a little cheesy, so stick with it. Season 2 was awesome.
He is talking about the game, not the show. Different stories.

Watched a few episodes and thought it was pretty boring, the game looks cool though, surprised considering how shit Jurassic park from telltale was.

Giant bomb said the game is nothing like the shit Jurassic park game. And I agree about the show. Watched the first season quit three eps into season 2.

Can't believe I haven't played RDR yet, never got round to playing it. The Man with No Name Trilogy contains some of my favourite films of all time. I'll most likely buy it now since you guys have got me so hyped for it.

rodvik

Can't believe I haven't played RDR yet, never got round to playing it. The Man with No Name Trilogy contains some of my favourite films of all time. I'll most likely buy it now since you guys have got me so hyped for it.

It really is a great game. Dont read story threads though. The ending should be experienced without knowing anything about it. Just awesome.

Speaking of awesome I am really happy Hodgson seems to be the next England manager. Great manager, great guy. I feel bad the media will tear him apart for some gaff he says but is a very good choice. Could it be the FA have finally got something right?

Meier

Get on that. Maybe the best game this gen. I couldn't really get into Undead Nightmare though...still haven't finished it.

Shorty

Banned
Probably old news to most but:
Real have accumulated 589 million euros ($772 million) to Barcelona’s 578 million euros. DEBT
I remember when Dortmund was close to being declared bankrupt a few years ago and they 'only' had around 180 miollion euros of debt.

Top Bottom