• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

ADkWH.png

Barca :lol :lol

Wow

K1LLER7

madrid need to bring knives over the weekend, fuck them up anyway possible with their reserves, let them get suspensions whatever. you already got that shit league in the bag

then beat bayern and the champions league is yours

Just let Pepe of his leash and roam free

Barca again illustrating their fatal flaw - they have no Plan B or C and cannot adapt.

Of course, when you are usually so effective in executing Plan A it doesn't matter so much.

Any other day at least 2 of their sitters would have been in.

Bring on El Classico, wonder what impact it will have on the 2nd leg ties?

Clegg

What Alexis chance are you talking about the one where he tried to chip the keeper? You call that easy, is that you Ronaldo?

Sanchez missed the goal completely from about 2 yards out.

Didn't even hit the target. It was an awful miss.

panty

Fuck that.

You froth at the very prospect of a possible Barcelona conspiracy.

You are one of the most vocal proponents of the whole idea on this thread.

And you're not a barca-fan? :lol

If you don't get the pun then just drop it. Hint hint, Barca-Milan, pitch. Need to draw it?

MPW

Barca again illustrating their fatal flaw - they have no Plan B or C and cannot adapt.

Of course, when you are usually so effective in executing Plan A it doesn't matter so much.

99% of time they don't need plan b or c, not a fatal flaw if u r that good

@ nou camp barca will be much better

jcjimher

Chelsea did the same. It fucking works. It ain't pretty but it fucking works and is BRILLIANT football where tactics are concerned.

I don't think Chelsea's win can be merited to their tactics, but rather to Barça's poor finishing today. The clear chances they failed were not by Chelsea's defending or strategy, but rather because of Barça themselves.

If Barça had a normal finishing rate today, they would have won 1-2 or 1-3 easily and Chelsea's strategy wouldn't seem so brilliant to you.

mxgt

Banned
It always amuses me when people criticise teams for being really defensive against Barca

the fuck do you expect, no one can go toe to toe with them in attacking football

Reminds me of how enraged Barca fans were when they lost to Inter

Diablos54

This Chelsea week of doom I was hoping for hasn't worked out at all. All that is needed now is for chelsea to either win or draw against us and they will have successfully pissed and pooped all over my cornflakes.

So far this has been a poor week for results...
That's just what we do! When things look bad, Lampard/Drogba/Terry come to the rescue!

What Alexis chance are you talking about the one where he tried to chip the keeper? You call that easy, is that you Ronaldo?

There was another one where he side-footed it past the post in the six-yard box. Cole put him under pressure, but it should have been on-target at least.

best possible result for Arsenal

Chelsea working tirelessly for 90mins and still with something to play for, so they'll be looking towards next Tuesday

Saturday lunch time is looking good

rodvik

It always amuses me when people criticise teams for being really defensive against Barca

the fuck do you expect, no one can go toe to toe with them in attacking football

Would be nice to see more teams try though.....

Barcelona are still favourites at Camp Nou. Not sure I can say the same about Madrid at Bernabéu.

WTF? Madrid have an away goal, Chelsea just need to sneak a goal and Barca have to score 3...

I'd be a lot more concerned if Madrid were going into the second leg 1-0 down as opposed to 2-1.

Still can't see past a Classico final, both Madrid and Barca will be too ruthless at home IMO.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't think Chelsea's win can be merited to their tactics, but rather to Barça's poor finishing today. The clear chances they failed were not by Chelsea's defending or strategy, but rather because of Barça themselves.

If Barça had a normal finishing rate today, they would have won 1-2 or 1-3 easily and Chelsea's strategy wouldn't seem so brilliant to you.

And if Chelsea had bent over and taken it it would have been 8-0. Of course Barca's shite finishing is a major factor, but so was Chelsea's performance

So why do they need a Plan B or C then? No plan involves missing so many sitters.

Wilbur

Banned
Keit, it's unanimous.

Also I hope Deportivo come up next year, I used to like them. You just won't know who you want to win when they face Barca. Fady confirmed?

Bumhead

Banned

Fucking this.

Good defending is as much an art form of the game as tippy-tappy one touch passing is.

Clegg

And you're not a barca-fan? :lol

If you don't get the pun then just drop it. Hint hint, Barca-Milan, pitch. Need to draw it?

I'm not a Barca fan because they aren't my team. I'm pretty sure most people could tell you that I'm a United fan.

I do have a problem with your constant blatherings about conspiracies though. We aren't talking about Milan/Barca.

There not much else you can do against a team that parks the bus outside of play the long balls, and against a team of Chelsea's height for Barca at least that would be completely pointless.

Garjon

It was impossible to root for any team tonight, ridiculous pandering to the ref.

Thought it just shows how one single momentary lapse of concentration (Masc) can turn a game on its head. At the beginning I was certain Chelsea would be the ones who'd choke if given the opportunity. I never thought it would be the other way around. Some of those misses reminded me of Wigan's first games in the Prem.

So why do they need a Plan B or C then? No plan involves missing so many sitters.

Ok 'fatal' is probably overly harsh - I'll rephrase and say that if they had the ability to adapt to a backup plan (for emergency use only), then I'd be much more inclined to proclaim them the best team ever.

As it stands, their stubbornness in trying to create the perfect passing goal nearly every time makes them somewhat predictable. And they never seem to show any urgency.

It would frustrate me so much if I was a Barca fan.

jcjimher

As a Barça fan these kind of matches get on my nerves (wasting so many clear chances).

But Inter's won was much more enraging because Mourinho did as much as he could to molest Barça players and fans before, during, and after the matches. They even had Figo at the bench on the first leg (along with their Portuguese friend Olegario Benquerença as the referee).

Chelsea, although defensive, has been noble and classy, so there's nothing else to hate (than Barça's incompetence at materialising their chances).

ShogunX

Also Barcelona got taught a lesson tonight. Thought they had the art of going down under little contact down pretty well.

Well meet the master....Busquets hasn't got shit on Drogba.

drogba_dive-275.jpg

MPW

Keit, it's unanimous.

Also I hope Deportivo come up next year, I used to like them. You just won't know who you want to win when they face Barca. Fady confirmed?

fuck that

deportivo - madrid's bogey team

we always drop points @ deportivo

panty

I'm not a Barca fan because they aren't my team. I'm pretty sure most people could tell you that I'm a United fan.

I do have a problem with your constant blatherings about conspiracies though. We aren't talking about Milan/Barca.

Seriously, what the hell are you mumbling about. I talk about these conspiracies as much as any barca-hater.

Could you please post some of my conspiracy theories then. And yes, I WAS talking about that Milan/Barca match. Barca appealed about the pitch that time. Now read my post, THAT WAS THE JOKE. DON'T YOU GET IT?

You can continue this as much as you like, I'll pass.

FootballFan

If Busquets or Cesc scored their easy chances would you have said that? :S

Anyways, good game Chelsea, we were really unlucky though, sucks to not get the away goal. 2nd leg shall be interesting. And Drogba diving when 5foot players touch him is pretty funny lol.

I doubt our players will miss those sitters in the return leg though.

WJD

Also Barcelona got taught a lesson tonight. Thought they had the art of going down under little contact down pretty well.

Well meet the master....Busquets hasn't got shit on Drogba.

drogba_dive-275.jpg

He really was bad tonight. Expected better of the Drogba of recent times,

Wilbur

Banned
If Busquets or Cesc scored their easy chances would you have said that? :S

Anyways, good game Chelsea, we were really unlucky though, sucks to not get the away goal. 2nd leg shall be interesting. And Drogba diving when 5foot players touch him is pretty funny lol.

I doubt our players will miss those sitters in the return leg though.

What does their height have to do with it haha? I've been kicked by a midget
accidentally
, fudging killed

Top Bottom