• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Kyoufu

I can't fucking believe the best team in the world lost to Chelsea. Kylehimself/flyntstriker must be so happy right now. Congrats lol.

FootballFan

Seriously, what the hell are you mumbling about. I talk about these conspiracies as much as any barca-hater.

:lol.
Really? You post more conspiracy/bs stuff about Barca than anyone else here. Not that I care, but you should at least not deny it lol.
And most people are joking when they say uefalona etc, but seems like you are serious sometimes. Apologies if I am mistaken and you are infact joking.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I can't fucking believe the best team in the world lost to Chelsea. Kylehimself/flyntstriker must be so happy right now. Congrats lol.

Chelsea showed great discipline but on another day it would have been a textbook Barca victory. They will have to play even better in the second leg.

Clegg

Seriously, what the hell are you mumbling about. I talk about these conspiracies as much as any barca-hater.

Could you please post some of my conspiracy theories then. And yes, I WAS talking about that Milan/Barca match. Barca appealed about the pitch that time. Now read my post, THAT WAS THE JOKE. DON'T YOU GET IT?

You can continue this as much as you like, I'll pass.

I understood your joke.

And no, you post more shit about conspiracies than anyone else.

It is repetitive and grating, not to mention silly in the extreme.

You have fellow Real fans disagreeing with your assumptions.

I don't mind you when you're not talking about Barca.

rodvik

But Inter's won was much more enraging because Mourinho did as much as he could to molest Barça players and fans before, during, and after the matches.

jose-mourinho-september-13_1194944.jpg

Kyoufu

The only things I didn't enjoy that game:

1. Stamford Bridge. Atmosphere is weaksauce compared to most other grounds.

2. Drogba outclassing Biscuits in acting.

3. Stoke tactics from Chelsea at the start.

Other than that, entertaining game. Congratulations to Chelsea-GAF. If Di Matteo's luck continues you'll be in the final :lol

jcjimher

As it stands, their stubbornness in trying to create the perfect passing goal nearly every time makes them somewhat predictable. And they never seem to show any urgency.

It would frustrate me so much if I was a Barca fan.

As a Barça fan, I thought that way some time ago, but now I have been convinced of only having plan A.

Guardiola explained it once in a press conference, after a match where Barça conceded a goal after a slip from Valdes because of insisting on passing the ball in short on defence under pressure (instead of making a high throw). In the same match, Barça's equaliser came from a succesful play which started precisely because Valdes did play the ball in short again.

It's having such a strong belief in that idea what gives Barça their strength. In the Rijkaard era, fans (and Rijkaard himself) really doubted whether Xavi and Iniesta should play at the same time, but rather have only one of the two on the pitch, along with a more "fighting" midfielder (like Van Bommel or Deco).

Now with Guardiola and his stubborn belief in passing football, they not only play together regularly but Barça even adds some more midfielders like Fabregas, Thiago or even Busquets (who has a much better passing game than his antecessors like Motta or Edmilson).

And the results are there.

rodvik

By the way, we should say something nice about Felix Brych. I dont see either team complaining about him. He had a good game imho.

Everyone's except Bayern has to play demanding matches this Saturday: Classico + London derby (Arse vs. Chelsea). While Bayern plays Bremen...a pointless match since they basically lost the championship at this point (8 pts. behind, 3 games to go).

Bastards..

Snakeyes

In the end though, Farca simply missed many opportunities to score today. There's no way they don't capitalize next week at home.

Someone please press his eyes back in, looks like one of those deep water fishs when they are taken up.

2. Drogba outclassing Biscuits in acting.

3. Stoke tactics from Chelsea at the start.

Other than that, entertaining game. Congratulations to Chelsea-GAF. If Di Matteo's luck continues you'll be in the final :lol

Yeah well without that Chelsea wouldn't have won. Chelsea have gone back to their old style of playing, with fight and tight defense.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I still believe. Despite everything being against us, despite Chelsea being the luckiest team ever, I still believe.

3rd is still wide open. All 4 sides are capable of winning their last few games. If Chelsea beat Arsenal, it's game on.

Arnie

Arnie.

Are you enjoying The Witcher 2?

Too much. Spent about 12 hours on it since yesterday and I haven't left Flotsum.

The strange thing is, for the past say six months I've really struggled to sit down and properly play a game. I'd get agitated, or bored, or just want to move onto something quick and simple like Fifa. For example, Mass Effect 3 was hell, managed to grind through it last week and just outright didn't enjoy it.

This game's changed like the complete opposite. I leave party chat, crank up my headphones, close the curtains and just play it, and I can't stop. There's always another little quest to do, and even the little quests are so fun because of the combat and the items and the choices.

See, I'm typing like a lunatic. I've almost been romanticised by the game.

rififi

chelsea, CHELSEA, CHELSEA . . . . . CHELSEA, CHELSEA, chelsea

I'm not very familiar with Chelsea, but is that the only thing people chant? aren't there any hymns to sing?

Wilbur

Banned
I missed this before but... I hope he at least put the lemon between his teeth, can't lose yet another football gaf member to this.

Edit : He's still here. REMEMBER THE LEMON.

God knows I had a close call halfway through most of Villa's matches this year

Top Bottom