• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Clegg

Too much. Spent about 12 hours on it since yesterday and I haven't left Flotsum.

The strange thing is, for the past say six months I've really struggled to sit down and properly play a game. I'd get agitated, or bored, or just want to move onto something quick and simple like Fifa. For example, Mass Effect 3 was hell, managed to grind through it last week and just outright didn't enjoy it.

This game's changed like the complete opposite. I leave party chat, crank up my headphones, close the curtains and just play it, and I can't stop. There's always another little quest to do, and even the little quests are so fun because of the combat and the items and the choices.

See, I'm typing like a lunatic. I've almost been romanticised by the game.

Thats how I felt about the game when I played it for the first time.

What impressed me the most was the characterisation in the game. I wouldn't have enjoyed it half as much if I was playing as someone other than Geralt. Guys like Dandelion and Roche are strong characters in their own right. Of course, its a well made game in its own right. Combat is very well done.

Enjoy it as much as you can.

Wilbur

Banned
Some scumbag Besiktas fan tried to attack our old friend Eboue recently. Disgusting stuff really.
[ url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIGmgN7vte4&feature=player_embedded[/url]

Disgraceful.

Get the fuck out of there Eboue, too good for that minority of cunts

clemenx

Banned
Still masturbating over the 1st leg of the semis. I hope the 2nd leg confirms the farce that is La Liga.

Sadly didn't see any of the 2 games. Fucking job.

Clegg

This isn't the first time that Eboue has had trouble with fans is it?

Bring him back to the PL. He'd be a decent player for a a mid-table club.

He doesn't deserve the abuse he is getting.

Wilbur

Banned
Did you see the video were he was pelted with coins? Sad to see him singled out because of his colour. Fucking shithole of a country.

I didn't see that but I'm not surprised. The second a fan is coming onto the pitch to attack you because you're a different colour though, what the fuck. Ask to get your contract terminated and move.

Some scumbag Besiktas fan tried to attack our old friend Eboue recently. Disgusting stuff really.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIGmgN7vte4&feature=player_embedded

This is pretty fucking sad. Yes get the fuck out of there, should have known better there.

Turkey doesn't deserve such greatness :

ibf5eiNscMh1Uf.gif

irjzuzakw0eQA.gif

iNCytJv10gdpQ.gif

iFP4AcFkqJ0HK.gif

defel

Maybe the solution to Chelsea's managerial woes is to just to not have a manager. They always play best when they are in that weird transition stage between seasons when they've just sacked one and are looking for another. Just set up a managerial rota, month by month, bring back all the old Chelsea legends. Its win-win!

Kyoufu

Maybe the solution to Chelsea's managerial woes is to just to not have a manager. They always play best when they are in that weird transition stage between seasons when they've just sacked one and are looking for another. Just set up a managerial rota, month by month, bring back all the old Chelsea legends. Its win-win!

If they don't stick with Di Matteo I'll be VERY disappointed.

Di Matteo is a boss, even if Terry is the real boss of that team. Stick with what works and this is definitely working right now.

Snakeyes

I've been saying "no way will Chelsea do this and that" ever since AVB left yet here we are watching Chelsea dominate everything.
Meh, they won't get lucky twice.

What do you guys think of this new Japanese kid Barcelona picked up, Take Kubo? He's starting to look like the next potential football prodigy.

TrueBlue

chelsea, CHELSEA, CHELSEA . . . . . CHELSEA, CHELSEA, chelsea

I'm not very familiar with Chelsea, but is that the only thing people chant? aren't there any hymns to sing?

I dunno. I heard "Carefree" being sang a few times. One Step Beyond played at the end as well. But no, that is not all we chant, and there are hymms to sing. I think most Chelsea fans were so preoccupied with biting their nails that it kinda became hard to focus on chant variety.

In any case, we do have a decent collection of chants and songs to sing. Keep the Blue Flag Flying High, Ten Men Went to Mow, Celery, Fuck 'Em all (seriously), Blue is the Colour, Blue Day,,,you get the picture. I find that most fans stick with only a couple of chants throughout matches anyway, "Arsenal, Arsenal" or "United, United" are pretty frequent from what I see at their grounds. That's not a slight on their fans either, I just think that's the way things go nowadays.

Anyway, great result for us, obviously. But Barca should have scored at least twice and I still consider them favourites. Gonna have to keep riding this wave of luck and hope we don't wipe out before next Tuesday. Put in a similar performance and we might just make it. Maybe.

Up the Chels!

FootballFan

Barca's misses don't get any better on the highlights. lol

Cesc, Busquets and Sanchez could easily have had a goal each. But that is football and you pay for missed chances. Especially against the big teams.

Boys better get our shooting boots on for El Clasico and the 2nd leg against Chelsea. David Villa would have been great today, would have :p

edit
So what's up with Messi? Did he injure himself during the game?

Nah I think he is fine. Though I feel it was bad decision to even pass it to him right after he got that small injury, should have let him walk it off for a bit, cause that was when he lost the ball for the Chelsea goal.

Noirulus

I hope they win. Monterrey is a great team, but I deal with people from the city every day and cannot fucking stand their hype. >:/

Just don't like them because of that incident started by one of their players at the end of the game against Toronto FC. They were playing dirty as hell throughout the game, too, I think.

FootballFan

Has Messi ever been injured?

You don't remember "Injury-prone Messi" ? That was what my friends always called him. This was when he got injured against Chelsea, against Celtic and against Valencia. Most of those times for lengthy periods.
Thankfully since around 2009 the longest he has been injured is about 10 days for that challenge from Ujfaulusi.
j9PDr.jpg

WJD

You don't remember "Injury-prone Messi" ? That was what my friends always called him. This was when he got injured against Chelsea, against Celtic and against Valencia. Most of those times for lengthy periods.
Thankfully since around 2009 the longest he has been injured is about 10 days for that challenge from Ujfaulusi.
j9PDr.jpg

Which was the injury that brought about crying Messi? Around the 2006 CL final maybe.

Wilbur

Banned
Does anyone have that gif where that Defox/Detox/Demslajdhhaxx musician guy has his mouth open and then looks at the camera like 'what the fuck'

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
How annoyed must Spurs fans be missing out on Gary Cahill?

Not that annoyed. I don't think he's any better than Dawson who only crocked himself at the beginning of March. He would have been handy but I wouldn't have him in the first choice pairing.

Top Bottom