• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Looks like Dante injured Reus in today's training and he'll probably miss the match against us.

Fuck Dante, I wanted Reus to score one against us, the whole stadium would have celebrated him. That would have been awesome.

Carbonox

Looks like Dante injured Reus in today's training and he'll probably miss the match against us.

Fuck Dante, I wanted Reus to score one against us, the whole stadium would have celebrated him. That would have been awesome.

He should be the one to fill his dark soul with light.

GorillaJu

If you don't like PSP then it must just be you don't like portables. PSP is god-tier in terms of library size and depth. Love that system.

Vita is working out super well for me, too. They're still rare in the wild though, so when I bust it out on the train I always get wandering eyes from high school boys. Little ones will walk straight up and stare at the screen from a foot away hahaha

Despite playing games all my life I could never get into portables. Just seems like watered down gaming.

I agree. The portable aspect is really the only selling point. Expensive games, small screen, fiddly controls, average graphics, bare-bones multiplayer, battery life, etc... I see the charm of the DS and the 3DS in that they provide something a little difference. And also Nintendo make decent games and unique experiences you won't get anywhere else. PSP? You better love JRPGs.

If you don't like PSP then it must just be you don't like portables. PSP is god-tier in terms of library size and depth. Love that system.

Vita is working out super well for me, too. They're still rare in the wild though, so when I bust it out on the train I always get wandering eyes from high school boys. Little ones will walk straight up and stare at the screen from a foot away hahaha

Haven't brought a Vita yet although I intend to, but I agree, the PSP was a fucking beast. The games felt like fully fledged console games (apart from the online aspect) and having a ps1 emulator built in was amazing. Was only until the last few months where I stopped playing it regulary.

The GOW games felt like they could have been ps2 games, jax and daxter was another and GT PSP was a portable GT4, all the cars and tracks. Then there was peace-walker which I spent hours at a time paying. PSP isn't just about JRPGs.

Kyoufu

Haven't brought a Vita yet although I intend to, but I agree, the PSP was a fucking beast. The games felt like fully fledged console games and having a ps1 emulator built in was amazing. Was only until the last few months where I stopped playing it regulary.

Sunhi, I would be honoured to have your babies.

WrikaWrek

Banned
PSP was also a shitty purchase for me. Waste of money really, there's almost zero reason to play it, for me.

Vita looks awesome, but I don't even understand the handheld appeal anymore. Where, when, and why would I want to play a game like Uncharted on the Vita and not on the Ps3?

Choc

Banned
if you are Di Matteo

do you rest players against Arsenal and take the loss to ensure best team possible for Barca?

I feel sorry for him in a way. No doubt he is being tasked with UCL qualification next year, but they are so close to the final they can touch it, 90 mins of unbelievable football and they are there.

but they want to be there again next year. :|

I guess fortunately for Chelsea, Barca have a massive game as well.

edit: to get to the UK it takes me 23 hrs on a plane. That is why VITA exists :p

Fintan

if you are Di Matteo

do you rest players against Arsenal and take the loss to ensure best team possible for Barca?

I feel sorry for him in a way. No doubt he is being tasked with UCL qualification next year, but they are so close to the final they can touch it, 90 mins of unbelievable football and they are there.

but they want to be there again next year. :|

I guess fortunately for Chelsea, Barca have a massive game as well.

edit: to get to the UK it takes me 23 hrs on a plane. That is why VITA exists :p
A good few of our players didn't play yesterday. Torres, Sturridge and Kalou could all play up front. Ivanovic is banned so you'll see Bosingwa or Ferreira. In midfield Romeu or Essien might come in. Bertrand is an adequate Cole replacement. I think players can be easily rested without taking the loss.

Yeah, but at least we can break the record for most points in a season.

Arnie

The last handheld I owned was a Gameboy, and that was around the time when I used to sit in the back of cars for long journeys in which Pokemon was my only respite. Now, at the age of 19, I just don't envisage a moment in which I'd want to play a big, sprawling singleplayer game, or god forbid a fast paced multiplayer game somewhere other than on my television.

I don't get on the toilet and think, "shit! Need to play Rayman", nor do I pine for a Resistance multiplayer match on the bus. Sure, I suppose there are times when I'm on a train for a couple of hours every now and then, but I'm really not sure a £200+ luxury purchase is worth it for those rare moments, and even then my iPhone, newspapers and books serve me just as well in said situations.

Kyoufu

The last handheld I owned was a Gameboy, and that was around the time when I used to sit in the back of cars for long journeys in which Pokemon was my only respite. Now, at the age of 19, I just don't envisage a moment in which I'd want to play a big, sprawling singleplayer game, or god forbid a fast paced multiplayer game somewhere other than on my television.

I don't get on the toilet and think, "shit! Need to play Rayman", nor do I pine for a Resistance multiplayer match on the bus. Sure, I suppose there are times when I'm on a train for a couple of hours every now and then, but I'm really not sure a £200+ luxury purchase is worth it for those rare moments, and even then my iPhone, newspapers and books serve me just as well in said situations.

To be fair I wouldn't pull out a £200+ luxury item in the streets of Liverpool either.

Arnie

To be fair I wouldn't pull out a £200+ luxury item in the streets of Liverpool either.
ibkJZyluEiu2yb.gif

GorillaJu

I don't "need" entertainment during long commutes, etc. I just like playing video games and I like being able to play them when I'm on long commutes as well. I don't whip it out at every opportunity, but if I'm into a game, it's great that I'm not restricted to it at home.

And I agree about Rayman, it was my first Vita game after Gravity Daze, and its awesome.

Carbonox

That Mick gif is brilliant. He would have made Wolves' bid for survival more competitive than the fool in charge now. The fool who we drew with.

FootballFan

*WoodenLungs avatar*

We rooting for Bilbao or Sporting?
Personally I want to see Llorente, Muniain and De Marcos do well and for Bilbao to continue their Europa league performances. Reaching Copa Del Rey final and EL final would be a pretty good achievement(and of course winning them would be even better)

As for Atletico - Valencia, I hope Valencia kick their ass. :D

Wilbur

Banned
*WoodenLungs avatar*

We rooting for Bilbao or Sporting?
Personally I want to see Llorente, Muniain and De Marcos do well and for Bilbao to continue their Europa league performances. Reaching Copa Del Rey final and EL final would be a pretty good achievement(and of course winning them would be even better)

As for Atletico - Valencia, I hope Valencia kick their ass. :D

In order of preference: Bilbao > Sporting > Atletico > Valencia

GorillaJu

wow did you guys now Liverpool sacked their chief medic?

"Dalglish's relationship with the club's owners has been highlighted recently after director of football Damien Comolli and head of sports science and medicine Peter Brukner were removed by the Fenway Sports Group."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17771189

Yeah. He was let go alongside Damien Comolli. Same day. Not quite sure why. In terms of injuries our team has had one of its best seasons in memory.

Top Bottom