• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

GorillaJu

‘I feel they could have spoken to Chris and myself... and just discussed why he'd done it, asked him a few more questions, before involving the police.’

The club's chief executive David McNally said: ‘We are the guardians of the football club whilst we're here and so we will protect our property.

‘And our property in the digital age involves our intellectual property, so we won't allow anybody to come in and take it from us.’

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddbal...-mistake-leads-to-new-kit-leaks#ixzz1sUfHyf00

Hah. What the tits? Looks bad on the club. (re: Norwich kit leak)

Choc

Banned
off topic a bit for a second but this is important.

F1 is in Bahrain and its a fucking mess.

This guy is in Bahrain to see the f1 (as a journalist possibly) and is tweeting a bunch of pictures

http://www.twitter.com/myoclonicj

looks like a bloody warzone, how the fuck can they think its good to have F1 there this year

sneaky77

*WoodenLungs avatar*

We rooting for Bilbao or Sporting?
Personally I want to see Llorente, Muniain and De Marcos do well and for Bilbao to continue their Europa league performances. Reaching Copa Del Rey final and EL final would be a pretty good achievement(and of course winning them would be even better)

As for Atletico - Valencia, I hope Valencia kick their ass. :D

Well I am definetely rooting for Athletic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z-CzmXWQh4

This guy is in Bahrain to see the f1 (as a journalist possibly) and is tweeting a bunch of pictures

looks like a bloody warzone, how the fuck can they think its good to have F1 there this year

I've been to Bahrain lots of times. It doesn't look too different from how I remember it to be honest, outside of a little less graffiti. I don't think he's a journalist. He flew there to watch the F1. And he took his wife with him I think.

Some of my family are going to be in Bahrain tomorrow actually.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

175821.gif

GorillaJu

Looks desolate but "warzone" is pushing it :p

Looks like a slummy town in any third world country, but hardly shocking. I'd expect that kind of setting in Bahrain.

The "No F1" signs are a bit creepy, though.

Meier

There is opposition to these types of events in most countries/cities that end up hosting them so I don't really feel like that's all that big of a deal. I'm sure they'll get the debris cleaned up in advance of the race (although I see its only in a few days.. better hurry up!). I wouldn't feel very safe going there but honestly, I wouldn't feel safe anywhere in the region.

Man City owner explaining his transfer policy to a journalist.

LOL, this made me laugh.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
UhlPy.png

Don't ruin it Roma!
oWnpI.gif

Going to Trieste to see Cagliari - Juve on the 6th of may. Fuck yeah! It's going to feel like a domestic match for us, really. The ticket prices - curva excluded - are absurd, though. But I'm not complaining, it's still better than playing at Sant'Elia in Cagliari. Hopefully the scudetto race will still be on by then. (Or not, if it means we've won it. :D)

<3 Gotta love our away support. Make us proud Zabojnik! :D

You said the S word

Yup, we're also buying Del Piero too.

Sorry Yurt.

It's alright :(

ElyrionX

Caught some parts of the second half of the Chelsea Barca game. You can't take anything away from Chelsea for that game. Their defending was downright heroic at times. Simply incredible.

sneaky77

Caught some parts of the second half of the Chelsea Barca game. You can't take anything away from Chelsea for that game. Their defending was downright heroic at times. Simply incredible.

yeah they did their thing, they got a bit lucky that Barca hit the crossbar, the post and Alexis tried to control one he should have just volleyd but it was their plan and they carried it out well.

I am disappointed that Raul prefers to go to Qatar than staying at Shalke.. is not like he is hurting for money

I'm playing in a 6-a-side tournament on Saturday and we're wearing black. I don't have a black football shirt so it looks like I'll just have to buy the Holland one. Oh well.

Meier

Nike shirts are indeed amazing. It is the truth.

Coincidentally almost all my favorite teams have Nike shirts.
3AQmK.gif

I was a nervous about the cut of them.. I'll have to try one on before I consider buying the new US kit. I have a few from Man City (Umbro) that fit quite nicely (40").

The Office- Michael Scott No God No

Edin Dzeko has gained two new, important fans - and Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund are battling to lure the Bosnian back to Germany in the summer, according to the morning papers.

Mail man Ian Ladyman reckons that "City are resigned to losing Dzeko", who hasn't figured in as many matches as the striker would have hoped when he joined the Blues from Wolfsburg.

Laydo writes that "It is understood Bundesliga leaders Dortmund and Champions League semi-finalists Bayern are keen to bring the 26-year-old back to the league where he once played so well.

"Bayern have already made Dzeko aware of their interest and City sources believe that is his most likely destination if they can match his wages and come up with the £20million-plus fee the Barclays Premier League club will demand."

Over at the Independent, Ian Herbert muses that "the strength of Bayern's front line – and in particular the presence of Mario Gomez – could be impediments for Dzeko, who wants to feature more often.

"Borussia Dortmund may provide another escape route. [They] have identified Dzeko as a potential replacement for Robert Lewandowski, the Polish striker who has scored 21 in 37 games this season and is expected to leave this summer.

"There are suggestions from the Lewandowski camp that City might actually be interested in the 23-year-old Pole, who has been as prolific for Dortmund as he was previously at Lech Poznan."

Herbie, who has clearly been keeping close tabs on Roberto, adds: "Though Mancini's priorities lie elsewhere, in the form of Lille's Eden Hazard and Napoli's Edinson Cavani, Lewandowski certainly appears to fit the City system more than Dzeko. He operates well off a main striker."

Veteran Sun news hound Pat Sheehan reckons the striker Roberto really wants is in Spain, and that "City are close to snapping up Athletic Bilbao hitman Fernando Llorente".

Pat adds that "Harry Redknapp is an open admirer of Llorente and Spurs are prepared to pay big transfer fees.

Meanwhile, with an eye on the trip to struggling Wolves, skysports.com have had a chat with Dave Edwards, Joe Hart's boyhood pal who fired Wolves' winner past him last season.

He admits: "It was probably the individual highlight of my club career. We go back a long way to Shrewsbury days and I saw his Dad, who is actually from a family of Wolves fans, in one of our local shops recently.

"Joe is probably in the top three goalkeepers in the world and it's a pleasure to see him doing so well. I think City are better than last season and are mentally stronger, so we will have to play really well to take something off them."
http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/What-the...a-says-about-Manchester-City-Apr19-Edin-Dzeko

I don't want no second Gomez in Dortmund, Lewandowski needs to stay!

TeegsD

Looks like Matias might have to be left out at the last second due to some muscular problem. I hope he can still make it. WOuld be quite a let down given how he has been playing lately.

Damn that Holland kit is nice. Is that the real one Kyle?

I hope my fake ones come soon haha
Yeah, it's the official one mate. If you ordered from SoccerTriads I think they take two to three weeks. It'll turn up in a precarious brown paper packet with Chinese symbols all over it.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah, it's the official one mate. If you ordered from SoccerTriads I think they take two to three weeks. It'll turn up in a precarious brown paper packet with Chinese symbols all over it.

Can't wait, I'll pretend I'm part of a gang.

How much was the real one, 55?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
http://i.minus.com/iWl9sbn77oNlj.gif[img]

Edit: At least Bonucci is back. Right? Right....?

[spoiler]Hold me[/spoiler]

Seriously, which Bonucci are we going to get? Napoli Bonucci or the Bonucci of recent weeks?[/QUOTE]

He's a man reborn

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cXRAs.jpg

A contender for MoM in the last three-four games!

Top Bottom