• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Can't wait, I'll pretend I'm part of a gang.

How much was the real one, 55?
£49.99

No way that site is selling the official kits for 20 quid.
You're correct. I didn't buy mine off them though. They're fake, but they're as good a fake as you're ever likely to see.

Nice avatar Kyle, though he was immense last night.
Yeah, I've been banging the big Gary Cahill drum since we got him. Think he's been solid since we got him short few performances. I remember on the Chelsea forum I post on people saying he'd never be good enough and was only a Bolton player. Glad to have only a Bolton player among our ranks.

dc89

Finally picked this bad boy up. Nicest fitting and most comfortable shirt I've ever owned. Makes me jealous of supporters of teams with Nike shirts.

Looks a good shirt and fit. Usually I find Nike shirts to be a bit off with the fit. Umbro IMO are the master of the fit. But this is good.

Wilbur

Banned
Just got an essay back, two marks of a first, SWEEEET

I have another one in for the 27th I haven't even started or began to look at books yet, and one in on the 30th where I also have an exam and then we play City. Scary times

Some Barca fans claiming anti unicef ref should have given a penalty here

di-WHRA.gif

KuGsj.gif

Clegg

I'm still in awe of Iniestas balance and control.

He had absolutely no room to work with, yet he still managed to make a complete mug out of Cahill.

And that was a foul. Don't think it was in the box though.

Looks a good shirt and fit. Usually I find Nike shirts to be a bit off with the fit. Umbro IMO are the master of the fit. But this is good.
The England shirt I have, one of the ones where the sizing goes by chest size, is a great fit. I got the Northern Ireland away shirt recently though and it has regular sizing, s m l etc, and I found it to be pretty shapeless.

sneaky77

di-WHRA.gif

KuGsj.gif

I haven't heard a great outrage about the call, it can be called, I think a different ref would have called it, but the ref last night was a bit lenient, he could have easily shown Chelsea 3 yellows in the first 20 minutes for late tackles.

dc89

The England shirt I have, one of the ones where the sizing goes by chest size, is a great fit. I got the Northern Ireland away shirt recently though and it has regular sizing, s m l etc, and I found it to be pretty shapeless.

God damn! The City shirts are still done on chest size. I hope they don't go back to S, M, L etc.

----

Why I have only just been informed that City are targeting Llorente?!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Cahill, Terry and Cole were brilliant last night, as was Ramires obviously. Mikel was good as well.

Cole was the best. On another night the CBs would have been made to look stupid in the first half. If Barca could finish Cahill would be culpable for at least 2 goals. He improved in the second half though.

Our starting eleven for tonight:

Rui Patricio; Joao Pereira; Polga; Xandão; Insua; Carriço; Schaars; André Martins; Izmailov; Capel; Wolfswinkel

Matias is out... Fuck this shit...

sneaky77

Our starting eleven for tonight:

Rui Patricio; Joao Pereira; Polga; Xandão; Insua; Carriço; Schaars; André Martins; Izmailov; Capel; Wolfswinkel

Matias is out... Fuck this shit...

looks like Munian is ok from his eye issues

Iraizoz; Iraola, Aurtenetxe, Amorebieta, Ekiza; Iturraspe, De Marcos, Ander Herrera; Susaeta,Llorente e Iker Muniain.

TeegsD

Carrico and Martins starting is a bit different but I can see us playing the same way. I hope we don't tire out too quickly though but the players have a had a week and a half break

rodvik

di-WHRA.gif

KuGsj.gif

Foul, outside the area though. If we want dodgy ref calls Busquets flying tackle straight onto the ankle of (I think) Ramires as he was on the break that he only got a yellow for. I have seen reds for similar challenges. I also recall Messi getting shoved in the box and not going down and instead trying to get a shot off, could have been a penalty if he wanted to dive.

All in all though I thought both sides had fairly low levels of diving/whining. Drogba was probably the worst offender.

I watched the game again last night, I have to say Barcelona can make you dizzy just watching them. Christ knows how you play against them.

Foul, outside the area though. If we want dodgy ref calls Busquets flying tackle straight onto the ankle of (I think) Ramires as he was on the break that he only got a yellow for. I have seen reds for similar challenges. I also recall Messi getting shoved in the box and not going down and instead trying to get a shot off, could have been a penalty if he wanted to dive.

All in all though I thought both sides had fairly low levels of diving/whining. Drogba was probably the worst offender.

I watched the game again last night, I have to say Barcelona can make you dizzy just watching them. Christ knows how you play against them.

If you want to be technical, Meireles shouldn't even have been on the pitch in the 2nd half. I still like him thou.

sneaky77

alright let's get this match started I can barely sit still

edit: I like Sporting's stadium is pretty cool and also totally packed.

To the sporting fans here, hope we see a good match, may the best team win, and let's hope for no ref things we will need to remember

Top Bottom