• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodvik

How is that a bad thing?

Dont ask me. I just know some things "dont go" with the bedroom decor. Whilst I have discerned no pattern I am pretty sure me sitting there in a Villa top will not be permitted.

iGZq211NbeNyt.gif

I know, I know :(

elsk

Banned
So, is the Poland league any good? We have a CB in Wisla Krakow since like one and half year and now a young striker is on trial in the same team.

AteLdvoCQAI5LgO.jpg

(El negrito)
It's ok because I'm latinoamericano.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I haven;t watched it. I asked around if its similar to Giant Killing and apparently its less about football and more about relationship.
I'll wait for Giant Killing S2 for my Gif galore.
It's about a bunch of kids playing football and forming a football team.
It's a million times better than The Knight in the Area and it looks like fucking K-ON! when compared to the cheapness of Giant Killing (seriously man CGI balls what the shit).

Also:
we will never have another season of Giant Killing.

faridmon

It's about a bunch of kids playing football and forming a football team.

It's a million times better than The Knight in the Area and it looks like fucking K-ON! when compared to the cheapness of Giant Killing (seriously man CGI balls what the shit).

Also:
we will never have another season of Giant Killing.
l9tK4.gif

How dare you say that Giant Killing was cheap? It had everything going against it and the studio decided to give it lower budget than it promised. It was serviceable and the Story made it up for it. Oh, and it is a real football Anime, not a captain Tsubasa knock-off for kids one.

Hang on, no more Giant Killing? That is the close of our discussion
z4z81.gif

faridmon

ANIMEEEE!!!!!

AnimefootyGaf, what have been your favorite shows from this season so far?

Kids on the Slope. Its the very big Anime from Shinchiro Watanabe in a long time, The guy who brought you Samurai Champloo and Coyboy Bepop and the soundtrack is amazing Jazz from Yoko Kanno. Also, the production team is the ones who do the Osamu Tezka Anime adaptation.

The Anime of the decade right there.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
http://i.imgur.com/l9tK4.gif
How dare you say that Giant Killing was cheap? It had everything going against it and the studio decided to give it lower budget than it promised. It was serviceable and the Story made it up for it. Oh, and it is a real football Anime, not a captain Tsubasa knock-off for kids one.
Sooo what you are saying is that it wasn't cheap because the cheapness was intentional? Come the fuck on dude, they had bland faceless CGI people for the stadium crowds... and that's when they even had any crowds. That it worked despite all it had going against it is a huge commendation towards the source material and the competent direction.

I wouldn't call Ginga e Kickoff! an "unreal" football anime. There's none of the fantastic unfathomable shit like multiple pirouettes into bicycle kicks that were so common in Captain Tsubasa. It's much more grounded with a touch of hype here and there for the shounen haato factor, and while the focus isn't tactics like in Giant Killing it still manages to convey what makes football so much fun when you are a kid.

In terms of realism, left being the realest and right being fantasy, I would say

Giant Killing --- Ginga e Kickoff! ----------------- Captain Tsubasa ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Inazuma Eleven
Hang on, no more Giant Killing? That is the close of our discussion
http://i.imgur.com/z4z81.gif
Keep deluding yourself. Deen has moved to greener pastures, like zombie moé.
ANIMEEEE!!!!!

AnimefootyGaf, what have been your favorite shows from this season so far?
Kids on the Slope > Space Brothers > Korra no Densetsu > Mysterious Girlfriend X > Accel World > Ginga e Kickoff! > Fujiko Mine > Sankarea > Hyouka > Polar Bear Café > Eureka Seven AO > Saint Seiya Omega > Tsuritama > Medaka Box

faridmon

Sooo what you are saying is that it wasn't cheap because the cheapness was intentional? Come the fuck on dude, they had bland faceless CGI people for the stadium crowds... and that's when they even had any crowds. That it worked despite all it had going against it is a huge commendation towards the source material and the competent direction.

I never implied it was intentional. I merely focused on its troubled history since the studio wanted to pull the plug after the first 12 Episode. The fact that the first match had a great sense of speed an momentum should tell you how they went becoming cheaper and cheaper as the show went on. also, stop focusing on the technical shortcomings when the show isn't focusing on it. Its not like they show you CGI crowds ever 10 seconds or so. It was an anime that focused on the atmosphere on the pitch and that is why it was necessarily to fill the pitch with as many artificial people as possible. Also, the sound quality was very much very pronounced as the whole chanting of crowd was amazingly real, to a point that CGi crowd didn't matter. Priorities!
Kids on the Slope > Space Brothers > Korra no Densetsu > Mysterious Girlfriend X > Accel World > Ginga e Kickoff! > Fujiko Mine > Sankarea > Hyouka > Polar Bear Café > Eureka Seven AO > Saint Seiya Omega > Tsuritama > Medaka Box
WTF?
Man... what are you guys doing?!
Don't look at me. It was Regulus who encouraged it....

Even City is bemused at Hazard's wage demands, according to the Telegraph. Could see him at Chelsea next season.

So long as we get Kagawa, I'm happy. A central link between midfield and attack is exactly what we need, especially in the big games.

I think I've talked about Angelo Henriquez before. Apparently, United have an option where they can sign him anytime in the next 2 years for a set price.

He scored twice yesterday for his club and now has 12 goals in 17 games.

We'd better not screw this one up.

First option implies we can't screw it up. :p

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I never implied it was intentional. I merely focused on its troubled history since the studio wanted to pull the plug after the first 12 Episode. The fact that the first match had a great sense of speed an momentum should tell you how they went becoming cheaper and cheaper as the show went on. also, stop focusing on the technical shortcomings when the show isn't focusing on it. Its not like they show you CGI crowds ever 10 seconds or so. It was an anime that focused on the atmosphere on the pitch and that is why it was necessarily to fill the pitch with as many artificial people as possible. Also, the sound quality was very much very pronounced as the whole chanting of crowd was amazingly real, to a point that CGi crowd didn't matter. Priorities!
I'm just trying to sell you on Ginga's animation accolades. I loved Giant Killing! Just saying that you should give the former a try.
I hate every character in that cartoon. So annoying.
Don't look at me. It was Regulus who encouraged it....
This conversation is more on topic than the cyclical hot girl gifs that go around here. Not that I would dislike seeing more of them, mind you!

Sloosha

Kids on the Slope. Its the very big Anime from Shinchiro Watanabe in a long time, The guy who brought you Samurai Champloo and Coyboy Bepop and the soundtrack is amazing Jazz from Yoko Kanno. Also, the production team is the ones who do the Osamu Tezka Anime adaptation.

The Anime of the decade right there.

The soundtrack is amazing. One of the few shows I'm watching atm. Also watching space bros and Tsuritama.

faridmon

The soundtrack is amazing. One of the few shows I'm watching atm. Also watching space bros and Tsuritama.

Those are fine choices. You've got some taste there.
I'm just trying to sell you on Ginga's animation accolades. I loved Giant Killing! Just saying that you should give the former a try.

I hate every character in that cartoon. So annoying.

This conversation is more on topic than the cyclical hot girl gifs that go around here. Not that I would dislike seeing more of them, mind you!
Fair enough. I'll give it a try. I do like Sports Anime, but if its too Shonen, then I'am gonna bail out. Also, I like every character in Tsurimata. At least it is one that doesn't take it seriously and try to be innovative when it comes to characterisation.

elsk

Banned
I think I've talked about Angelo Henriquez before. Apparently, United have an option where they can sign him anytime in the next 2 years for a set price.

He scored twice yesterday for his club and now has 12 goals in 17 games.

We'd better not screw this one up.

He's very good, not Eduardo Vargas good, but still very good :p
You guys don't get a broadcast of Copa Libertadores over there?

Soi-Fong

Oh shit, I forgot about Ginga e kickoff! Gotta watch that! I really wish they'd make a second season of Giant Killing!

Tatsumi is freaking a Japanese Mourinho! haha

faridmon

Tatsumi is freaking a Japanese Mourinho! haha

Yeah he is. Albeit a more carefree one. I would say he is closer to AVB than Morinho
Although he didn't good at Chealsea

Also, The team Tatsumi moved from in UK where the shown in the first episode. I could have sworn it was a Porthsmouth look alike...

Even City is bemused at Hazard's wage demands, according to the Telegraph. Could see him at Chelsea next season.

So long as we get Kagawa, I'm happy. A central link between midfield and attack is exactly what we need, especially in the big games.
Hazard to Chelsea is a go right now. The word is that City were playing hardball with Hazard's demands and with United the only alternative (a far less lucrative alternative) to him, expected Hazard to ease up a bit. They didn't see Chelsea coming in. Hazard saying Chelsea's offer makes him think says as much. I think Chelsea are going to get Hulk as well so that could be quite a spending spree.

Fergie wants to use Hazard in that central role behind Rooney as it is...but we won't get Hazard I don't think, I don't see how we can afford that deal. I hope Kagawa happens. We need him.

Lightning

Banned
Hazard to Chelsea is a go right now. The word is that City were playing hardball with Hazard's demands and with United the only alternative (a far less lucrative alternative) to him, expected Hazard to ease up a bit. They didn't see Chelsea coming in. Hazard saying Chelsea's offer makes him think says as much. I think Chelsea are going to get Hulk as well so that could be quite a spending spree.

Fergie wants to use Hazard in that central role behind Rooney as it is...but we won't get Hazard I don't think, I don't see how we can afford that deal. I hope Kagawa happens. We need him.
It's disappointing that Hazard is motiviated by money and not what's best for his career. He will develop better under Fergie as a player imo but instead chooses to follow the dollar. His transfer at this point looks to be a disaster because he will take time to adapt to the PL and I still see his final destination being in Spain with Real Madrid

If Roberto Di Matteo is the manager Chelsea is the worst place for Hazard to go from a footballing perspective....

As for Kagawa, I can't see Dortmund accepting anything under 15mil. He will cost a bit, there is no doubt about that. The fact that Man U aren't the only club chasing him makes the situation more expensive.

elseanio

City are gonna have to get used to this.

I'm so tired of the Hazard rumours. Is it not possible United will go after a striker and drop Rooney back to that AM/second striker role?

elsk

Banned
It's disappointing that Hazard is motiviated by money and not what's best for his career. He will develop better under Fergie as a player imo but instead chooses to follow the dollar. His transfer at this point looks to be a disaster because he will take time to adapt to the PL and I still see his final destination being in Spain with Real Madrid

If Roberto Di Matteo is the manager Chelsea is the worst place for Hazard to go from a footballing perspective....

As for Kagawa, I can't see Dortmund accepting anything under 15mil. He will cost a bit, there is no doubt about that. The fact that Man U aren't the only club chasing him makes the situation more expensive.

They're asking for 20m euros.
Hazard is not worth it, the guy is plain dum
and a cunt
. There are better wingers out there.

My biggest concern re:- Kagawa is that City get Hazard and then Chelsea, as they do, go after players targeted by other clubs. Can see that happening very easily.

I'm so tired of the Hazard rumours. Is it not possible United will go after a striker and drop Rooney back to that AM/second striker role?
It's possible but really Rooney isn't good enough at it IMO. He's a great player but he isn't a true play-maker. People who claim to be "in the know" (I mean proper itk's not just twitter fools) say Fergie wanted Hazard to be that player who conducts United's play and was happy to have Rooney playing up top. We'll see what happens anyway. Long summer ahead.

dc89

dc, what do you know about Ahmad Benali?

He's a promising young player. He was on a season long loan at Rochdale last season but was only played twice which no doubt pissed City off.

He has a younger brother too who is with the academy.

First option implies we can't screw it up. :p

His agent wants £4.8m for doing a deal. Problem there is City do not pay agent fee's. They expect the player too. I think that's what held up Kunday last year when he arrived to sign and left for his hotel and then signed the next day.

He's taking the piss. Theres plenty of other players out there. Apparently they are looking at a Montpellier player called Belhanda as a replacement to Hazard.

sixghost

What do you mean "move him back" there? I thought that had been his usual position for the last two years at least.

He's a promising young player. He was on a season long loan at Rochdale last season but was only played twice which no doubt pissed City off.

He has a younger brother too who is with the academy.

His agent wants £4.8m for doing a deal. Problem there is City do not pay agent fee's. They expect the player too. I think that's what held up Kunday last year when he arrived to sign and left for his hotel and then signed the next day.

He's taking the piss. Theres plenty of other players out there. Apparently they are looking at a Montpellier player called Belhanda as a replacement to Hazard.
Cool. One of my good friends knows Benali quite well. Apparently City have just offered him a new contract which he's considering.

With agents fees, that's what happened with Nasri too.

dc89

Cool. One of my good friends knows Benali quite well. Apparently City have just offered him a new contract which he's considering.

With agents fees, that's what happened with Nasri too.

Cool! Well he should accept obviously ;)

Guys do not worry about Fady K. I spoke with him on PSN. He is dropping by soon and no doubt we can expect some huge posts.

Scuba-Dive-Celebration.gif

rodvik

Dont ask me. I just know some things "dont go" with the bedroom decor. Whilst I have discerned no pattern I am pretty sure me sitting there in a Villa top will not be permitted.

I know, I know :(

The results. She walked in as I was sporting my villa away jersey, proudly strutting around the bedroom.

First comment "aww honey that looks adorable on you."
me/hope rising

Second comment "its so cute, look its even got your little name on it."
me/starting to get suspicious

Third comment "that chequer pattern makes it look like a jester outfit doesnt it?"
me/FUUUUUUUU

LegoArmo

United like having a deep squad and players that can switch positions at will and with pace, Hazard would fit with that. Kagawa too.

Berbatov really doesn't and that's why he'll be going.

FootballFan

Black and White have some of the best designs since Gold and Silver, in my opinion. Generation III and IV were really bad though.

My problem with it like AwesomeAnimals said, I haven't kept up with the tv series to know which pokemon is good/bad, what type they are, etc

edit
Oh I see discussions have changed, still about anime though :p

Kenka

Cool! Well he should accept obviously ;)

Guys do not worry about Fady K. I spoke with him on PSN. He is dropping by soon and no doubt we can expect some huge posts.

Scuba-Dive-Celebration.gif
OK, I saw that gif ten seconds ago in the WiiU speculation thread. Where does it come from ?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
United like having a deep squad and players that can switch positions at will and with pace, Hazard would fit with that. Kagawa too.

Berbatov really doesn't and that's why he'll be going.

He proved that he can be a decent defender a few times :p

rodvik

OK, I saw that gif ten seconds ago in the WiiU speculation thread. Where does it come from ?

Seattle Sounders. Roger Levesque celebrating. By the way Sounders have some truly awesome fans, their utras behind the goal keep going through the whole game and they march through the city before every match.

dc89

England players have been told to leave their underpants at home for Euro 2012 as the FA have struck a deal with a particular brand (don't know who). You can't make this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom