• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

immy

Banned
You could use the Cech's backup instead of Szceszny to free up a some money. I think in defense you are on the right track, the starting formation should (if possible) only include 2 wingbacks as defenders.

Why would I use Cech's backup?

He won't get any games making subs pointless.

Wait just read the rules. Your subs don't get any points if they're on the subs bench!?

I'v made a huge mistake gif

Yen

Why would I use Cech's backup?

He won't get any games making subs pointless.

As with any fantasy league, there is no point in spending money on an expensive backup, considering goalkeepers are ever present. Use the money elsewhere.

immy

Banned
As with any fantasy league, there is no point in spending money on an expensive backup, considering goalkeepers are ever present. Use the money elsewhere.

Bit confused still. Can I swap my subs in and they will get points during the tournament too or not?

For example if Alba was playing on tuesday and Olsson on wednesday, can i swap Olsson for Alba tuesday evening after the game and they will both keep their points. Thanks for the help I'm finding the rules a bit confusing!

Yen

Bit confused still. Can I swap my subs in and they will get points during the tournament too or not?

For example if Alba was playing on tuesday and Olsson on wednesday, can i swap Olsson for Alba tuesday evening after the game and they will both keep their points. Thanks for the help I'm finding the rules a bit confusing!

Typically, it goes by "Gameweek" so you couldn't do that. You're picking a first 11 and that is what'll give you the points hence why you don't need two expensive keepers.

fuenf

The scoring system is per matchday. You can only change your squad between different matchdays.

So no, you couldnt switch Alba with Olsson if the games belong to the same matchday.

I have won many titles in the past four years at Porto, and I think that I have a great relationship with everyone. If the time has come to move on, I'll do so with a good feeling. I have enjoyed a great time here. I'm sure that they will understand the motives behind my decision if I leave. The club and its fans will forever have a place in my heart.
I can only thank them for all the affection they've shown me.

DSSJJ.jpg

Officially excited for Hulk.

That is the pose fat people do to look ripped. I have experience.

edit: you changed the pic, git!!

Can't have the hulk looking bad.

FOOTBALL GAF!

I bring good news...

Joey Barton was punched in the face last night in a club in Liverpool. Police arrested two men but are yet to release pictures of these, soon to be knighted, heroes of the realm.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/20876/7794680/Barton-hurt-in-nightclub-fight

For once something good happens in Liverpool. It must be hard to see him at a club and not want to punch him in the face.

Bumhead

Banned
I don't condone violence. Unless it's against Joey Barton.

Frankly I'm surprised something like that hasn't happened sooner. As crazy as it sounds there are a lot of people a lot nuttier and certainly a lot bigger than Barton out there. Was only a matter of time until a couple of them fancied a go.

Hope the cunt got a proper pasting.

Wilbur

Banned
I'd have knobbed the twat ages ago if I saw him around. The opportunity to throw a glass at his head or fart on his leg on the dance floor could not go amiss.

bjaelke

I don't condone violence. Unless it's against Joey Barton.

Frankly I'm surprised something like that hasn't happened sooner. As crazy as it sounds there are a lot of people a lot nuttier and certainly a lot bigger than Barton out there. Was only a matter of time until a couple of them fancied a go.

Hope the cunt got a proper pasting.

Who needs Photoshop anyway?

spidye

Maybe, but they can use Badstuber who is an improved younger version of Merte. Using both together would be a suicide, just like using Badstuber and van Buyten was.
Badstuber + Hummels is the best option for the Germany NT. Both are Bayern youth products :)
no. badstuber is not like per. at all.
he's more like hummels. the only reason why bayern's defense worked great last season was because we had someone like per(boateng) who could anticipate and stayed back when badstuber attacked.
you can't play two playmaker cb's. that's suicide. you always need someone who stays back and performs more defensive. like subotic in dortmund.

Mertresacker is not a bad player. He reads the game exceptionally well and has fantastic positioning. His speed can be an issue but I wish every Arsenal defender had his footballing brain.

exactly.

Why is Bellamy in team gb? We should be looking to win the tournament, picking overage players at 25/26/27 to bulk the team up in their prime not old players. I'm not disputing he isn't a decent player but we're rumoured to have: Bellamy, giggs and Beckham. We should have one of them and try for players further away from retirement.

This is why we don't win things.

Also I'm a little mystified as to how to all these Liverpool players are slowly creeping into our international teams. They had a pretty bad season in the premier league to which their contribution was mainly to get Kenny sacked and whilst the league cup is nothing to be sniffed at I find it hard to think that winning it is making these players more attractive for them to be picked.

operon

Why is Bellamy in team gb? We should be looking to win the tournament, picking overage players at 25/26/27 to bulk the team up in their prime not old players. I'm not disputing he isn't a decent player but we're rumoured to have: Bellamy, giggs and Beckham. We should have one of them and try for players further away from retirement.

This is why we don't win things.

Also I'm a little mystified as to how to all these Liverpool players are slowly creeping into our international teams. They had a pretty bad season in the premier league to which their contribution was mainly to get Kenny sacked and whilst the league cup is nothing to be sniffed at I find it hard to think that winning it is making these players more attractive for them to be picked.

Our strategy is to hire manager and then sack them, then when they end up manager of England etc success, we'e infiltrated them

Zabojnik

RVP “Juventus are a great team, but I have agreed with Arsenal that I will not discuss my future.”

“All I can say is that it is my intention to have a great Euro 2012 and win it. I also want to continue playing in the Champions League.”

This is Aguero all over again.

Yurt, it's over, let it go. Lavezzi to PSG, Cavani stays at Napoli, Dzeko to Bayern, Higuain stays at RM, Suarez at Liverpool, RVP at Arsenal or moves to City. It's done. We're getting Damiao. Also, Iaquinta said he'll be coming back! Greeeeeatoooooo!!!

caramac

Also I'm a little mystified as to how to all these Liverpool players are slowly creeping into our international teams.

It was probably one of the conditions of Roys severance package.

Kelly? sure, why not. Players like Ferdinand, Terry and Cole aren't getting any younger.

Yurt, it's over, let it go. Lavezzi to PSG, Cavani stays at Napoli, Dzeko to Bayern, Higuain stays at RM, Suarez at Liverpool, RVP at Arsenal or moves to City. It's done. We're getting Damiao. Also, Iaquinta said he'll be coming back! Greeeeeatoooooo!!!

vadernoooo.jpg

What!? Where?!

Wilbur

Banned
only lost the title on goal difference

What are you on about? Remember they just skipped the 2011/12 season because of the civil war in Syria? Remember that was too hard on the PFA's conscience so they just skipped it and no one won anything? Remember?

bjaelke

So whens this Hazard deal gonna be made official...im getting nervous

My guess is July 1st when the French transfer window starts. They can announce it before but he can't formally sign the contract before that date.

Edit: Make that July 2nd, which is a Monday.

My guess is July 1st when the French transfer window starts. They can announce it before but he can't formally sign the contract before that date.

I've seen this other places, but why? Is it any different from Djiby Fall going to Russia outside of the Danish transfer window?

It's also not like clubs hasn't bought and gotten players to train with them, even though the transfer window was closed before. Pretty sure they just can't register them for official matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom