• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

"Christian Poulsen... err. should I say, Simon Poulsen. Christian Poulsen was the Liverpool player..." NO HE WASN'T. HE NEVER WORE A RED SHIRT LAAAALALALALA

3 of the last 4 seasons he's been great.
Stats can be misleading though.

Last season, Rooney played 40 times for Manchester United and was directly involved in 30 goals.

3 in 4, that's really good...but it was his worst ever season for United.

I can't really remember back well...but even in those seasons where RVP had some good stats...I don't remember him having what I'd describe as "great" seasons.

Salvadora

Last season, Rooney played 40 times for Manchester United and was directly involved in 30 goals.

I can't really remember back well...but even in those seasons where RVP had some good stats...I don't remember him having what I'd describe as "great" seasons.

RVP has been a shining light in a shit Arsenal squad so its easy to notice him.

GorillaJu

It's easy to go unnoticed when you have players like Cesc Fabregas in your side. Cesc had always been the star of Arsenal until he recently left. They also had Arshavin when he was playing better and RvP never had to hold them up by the scruff of the neck like he did this year.

He's always been a top class player, though.

Karma for the World Cup final that handball. The Netherlands can only blame themselves for this loss, they wasted too many good chances, Denmark buried one of their few opportunities. Entertaining enough game, expected worse.

Mastadon

Banned
This tournament is really delivering so far. Denmark have just given England the blue print on how to be successful against better teams.

Clegg

It's easy to go unnoticed when you have players like Cesc Fabregas in your side. Cesc had always been the star of Arsenal until he recently left. They also had Arshavin when he was playing better and RvP never had to hold them up by the scruff of the neck like he did this year.

He's always been a top class player, though.

I don't think anyone doubts his ability as a top class player.

He's always been very talented but he's never really shown it consistently.

Lightning

Banned
I'd be nervous if I were Holland - Portugal always seem to beat them, and Germany are monsters.
Nervous is not how I feel. Shattered would be a better word. RVP has let me down....

Karma for the World Cup final that handball. The Netherlands can only blame themselves for this loss, they wasted too many good chances, Denmark buried one of their few opportunities. Entertaining enough game, expected worse.
True words but we never should have lost that game. We blew chance after chance in front of goal. Disappointing avid shocking.

GorillaJu

I don't think anyone doubts his ability as a top class player.

He's always been very talented but he's never really shown it consistently.

Think that's unfair. He's certainly not played well today, but as it's been said, very very few players are absolutely brilliant, all the time.

He's certainly not in the same tier as Zidane, Baggio, or Heskey.

Hixx

You'll have to call up Heskey to execute that plan.

ilbtxuDd1Tmvu.gif

We have Carroll.

:(

Lightning

Banned
First Szczeany yesterday had a horror show, now RVP's had a horror show. Not looking to promising for the Arsenal players at this euros...

Good game AA. My chinese food has just came 20 mins early so we'll have to play the second game later on :(

Edit: Unless I can scoff it really fast haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom