• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Weird Spain line up. Stuck a fiver on Silva/Spain win, bit more confident he'll be getting forward now since they have no strikers....

Casillas - Arbeloa Ramos Pique Alba - X.Alonso Busquets - Silva Xavi Iniesta - Cesc

Chloe-Moretz-confused-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-177.gif

That line-up is fascinating. Del Bosque has been watching a lot of Barca, clearly, but this is radical even for an emulation of their style. A true striker-less formation; I don't think you could genuinely call Cesc a false-nine. The unexpected might pay dividends though. I'd wager money, but I'm sure Spain are comfortable favourites, regardless of anything.

England are gonna take Spains approach of playing with no strikers, and start with Andy Carroll tomorrow

vqYuG.gif

Mastadon

Banned
That line-up is fascinating. Del Bosque has been watching a lot of Barca, clearly, but this is radical even for an emulation of their style. A true striker-less formation; I don't think you could genuinely call Cesc a false-nine. The unexpected might pay dividends though. I'd wager money, but I'm sure Spain are comfortable favourites, regardless of anything.

5/6 - no value at all considering it's not an easy game.

Slizz

Dat Spain line up. Love it.

Also ESPN showing bastketball "dream team" (apparently some basketball pros went and decided to go and win the olympics) ahead of the game. Lol. Its amazing they think anyone actually cared or even noticed.

It was a big deal in the States because literally everyones favorite player from their respective NBA team was on that team. A team full of Hall of Famers that probably won't ever be duplicated. Like seriously every person on that team is or will be in the Basketball Hall of Fame. Plus it was done in the Olympic which are rapidly approaching.

Wilbur

Banned
Dat Spain line up. Love it.

Also ESPN showing bastketball "dream team" (apparently some basketball pros went and decided to go and win the olympics) ahead of the game. Lol. Its amazing they think anyone actually cared or even noticed.

What's the biggest sport in America? I would guess football, baseball, basketball

rodvik

It was a big deal in the States because literally everyones favorite player from their respective NBA team was on that team. A team full of Hall of Famers that probably won't ever be duplicated. Like seriously every person on that team is or will be in the Basketball Hall of Fame. Plus it was done in the Olympic which are rapidly approaching.

What's the biggest sport in America? I would guess football, baseball, basketball

I think its football (american) then baseball. Not sure about basketball definitely bigger than soccer I imagine.

Slizz, yeah I guess. Doesnt seem very in the spirit of the olympics. Its just funny watching this kind of thing fro an outsiders perspective (literally I have never heard of these people expect Jordan who I know from his shoes). But anyways. Good luck to em.

Slizz

Football, by a little.

I think its football (american) then baseball. Not sure about basketball definitely bigger than soccer I imagine.

Slizz, yeah I guess. Doesnt seem very in the spirit of the olympics. Its just funny watching this kind of thing fro an outsiders perspective (literally I have never heard of these people expect Jorda who I know from his shoes). But anyways. Good luck to em.

Just think of if you could build the Ultimate XI from the PL or La Liga with all the best players at the primes of their careers and thats what the Dream Team was to Basketball.

Wilbur

Banned
Cheers for the answers guys

Hey Wilbury , hows your ribs btw? You good?

Yeah I'm alright thanks. Just been told to take a fuckload of painkillers and rest haha, so probably get the day off tomorrow as well. My ribs hurt but it's just bruising, nothing too bad. Just need to sort out the actual situation, I've had the insurance ring me through my girlfriend and the guy that backed into her car's got the police involved for some stupid reason...

rodvik

Cheers for the answers guys

Yeah I'm alright thanks. Just been told to take a fuckload of painkillers and rest haha, so probably get the day off tomorrow as well. My ribs hurt but it's just bruising, nothing too bad. Just need to sort out the actual situation, I've had the insurance ring me through my girlfriend and the guy that backed into her car's got the police involved for some stupid reason...

Cool. Feel better.

Clegg

Fabregas has been awful so far and Silva hasn't been much better.

Iniesta and Busquets are Spains standouts and Pirlo and De Rossi running the show for Italy. Cassano has looked pretty good too.

Fabregas has been awful so far and Silva hasn't been much better.

Iniesta and Busquets are Spains standouts and Pirlo and De Rossi running the show for Italy. Cassano has looked pretty good too.

I wish Soldado was in this Spanish squad, but Spain should move Fabregas back to Silva's spot, and put Llorente on. Although maybe with a real striker Silva may play better. It was very shocking to see him have a clear shot on goal at the penalty spot only to back pass to Xavi

Wilbur

Banned
I wish Soldado was in this Spanish squad, but Spain should move Fabregas back to Silva's spot, and put Llorente on. Although maybe with a real striker Silva may play better. It was very shocking to see him have a clear shot on goal at the penalty spot only to back pass to Xavi

Yeah when Silva didn't turn and shoot there I laughed so hard

Clegg

Balotelli was very disappointing imo.

Cassano was the only Italian striker providing any threat.

And now Di Natale scores!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom