• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
s0XDS.gif

My Suarez portrait after a few hours. Still a work in progress!

Holy shit this is awesome. Honestly, this is great!
forgot the KKK hood though

Called work to get the day off, taken some nurofen and probably gonna go doctor nowish

elseanio

I'm in work after sleeping on the couch last night. Party was still going past 3am.

DC- Kinda explained here: http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/calc.html

The Country Coefficiant also goes towards it, so the fact that an English teams generally do well, helps Man Cities ranking.

"The club coefficient is determined by the results of a club in European club competition in the last five seasons, and the league coefficient. The club coefficient is 20% of the league coefficient plus the number of points earned by the club in the five seasons."

elseanio

thank u hehe

u guys got good experience with betting sites? im thinking about starting a little.

Nope, generally great (a little TOO easy to place bets!). I've used Paddypower before too, I would look around for deals and open an account at the best one. Most sites have a free bet when you sign up.

Any winnings go back into WilliamHill, where I can then withdraw however much back into my bank. Mobile site works well for when I'm at the game and want to put a bet on.

dc89

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood admits that Robin van Persie will quit the club if he wants big money.

The Gunners captain and talisman has just a year left on his current deal and he is in talks about an extension.

But a host of clubs from across the continent are showing an interest with the likes of Manchester City and Manchester United strongly linked in England.

And Hill-Wood admits that if money is the deciding factor then their captain will most likely leave.

"He is vital to us and has been an extremely good captain," said Hill-Wood in the Sunday Mirror.

"But if somebody comes along and offers Robin £250,000 a week then I am afraid we cannot compete with that.

"With players, you never know what they are going to do

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7804552/Hill-Wood-s-RVP-warning

Such a shame that 8 years ago Arsenal were the best team in the country, and over the years football has been dominated by moneyhats :( we can't compete with them any more, unless we get the moneybags in. On one hand, I would love Arsenal to spend loads on a few world-class players but on the other, I fear this would ruin the club and detract from the financially stable position that we are in now

Yen

I think it's worth mentioning that Stephen Ward is one of the worst footballers I've ever seen. Starts at LB tonight.

I think it's worth mentioning that Stephen Ward is one of the worst footballers I've ever seen. Starts at LB tonight.

Is he the guy everton are rumoured to be interested in to replace Baines if he goes?

Seems odd moyes wouldn't try and go for a younger player though.

Yen

Mine's Theo Walcott. Not sure if he's starting Monday.

At least Walcott has pace and scores goals, Ward has nothing.
Is he the guy everton are rumoured to be interested in to replace Baines if he goes?

Seems odd moyes wouldn't try and go for a younger player though.

You would be selling Baines for £20m and signing Ward for <£2m, which is indicative of the gulf in class between the two.
Are Long / Cox starting upfront???

Keane and Doyle

Arnie

s0XDS.gif

My Suarez portrait after a few hours. Still a work in progress!
This is genuinely awesome; keep going. Or alternatively, do Lucas.

Jesus wept guys. If you remember me saying that I don't play Football Manager games as I can't get into them like other people, then prepare for a story. Yesterday me and my two housemates woke up, drove to maccies, returned home and played our football manager network game in front of the telly all day. In that time we watched Goal! and the two Euro matches. Then we just turned the TV off and kept playing; occasionally nipping down to Spar for refreshments.

It was disgusting, but after a poor pre-season, a reassessment of my tactics, a last minute purchase of centre back Bottinelli, I managed to beat Liverpool on the opening day of the season 3-2. It was glorious. Christian Benitez got man of the match. Howard Webb wrongly disallowed a Liverpool goal too, was frighteningly realistic.

God, I've turned into one of those numpties who talks about FM.

Wilbur

Banned
This is genuinely awesome; keep going. Or alternatively, do Lucas.

Jesus wept guys. If you remember me saying that I don't play Football Manager games as I can't get into them like other people, then prepare for a story. Yesterday me and my two housemates woke up, drove to maccies, returned home and played our football manager network game in front of the telly all day. In that time we watched Goal! and the two Euro matches. Then we just turned the TV off and kept playing; occasionally nipping down to Spar for refreshments.

It was disgusting, but after a poor pre-season, a reassessment of my tactics, a last minute purchase of centre back Bottinelli, I managed to beat Liverpool on the opening day of the season 3-2. It was glorious. Christian Benitez got man of the match. Howard Webb wrongly disallowed a Liverpool goal too, was frighteningly realistic.

God, I've turned into one of those numpties who talks about FM.

And your life is much better for it. Will upload pictures of my first season with Man United when I get on the computer.

Ribs update: bruised, lots of painkillers and rest. So no auto fellatio yet, although I do have a dog for that

And your life is much better for it. Will upload pictures of my first season with Man United when I get on the computer.

Ribs update: bruised, lots of painkillers and rest. So no auto fellatio yet, although I do have a dog for that

Peanut butter of Nutella? What's your poison?

GorillaJu

Since some of you had some nice words about my Suarez illustration, here's the latest

Edit: finished it up! Less stalky/superman-esque and a better background

suarez_compffbu3.png

Wilbur

Banned
I love James Richardson; on Football Daily he said if he set up a newspaper for old witches, he'd call it Crone Daily bwahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom