• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

I love James Richardson too, guy's fucking hilarious. Such a good broadcaster, I'm constantly amazed when he does the European paper roundup in just one take.

Since some of you had some nice words about my Suarez illustration, here's the latest

suarezjeudm.gif

Amazing. How did you achieve this

GorillaJu

Thanks for the kind words. Meus, it's basically a bunch of geometric shapes that I layered on top of each other and morphed with the pen tool in Adobe Illustrator, then filled them in with various flesh tones and gradients. Took a lot of patience to keep it symmetrical, but the reward for that is good in the end!

The other ones I want to do are Messi, Lucas, Sneijder and Gerrard. Though Spearing, being the statuesque figure of greatness that he is, might deserve first priority.

sohois

Since some of you had some nice words about my Suarez illustration, here's the latest

Edit: finished it up! Less stalky/superman-esque and a better background

suarez_compffbu3.png

I like how you kept the eyes black in order to illustrate the utter emptiness of Suarez and the pure evil that resides within him.

GorillaJu

I like how you kept the eyes black in order to illustrate the utter emptiness of Suarez and the pure evil that resides within him.

Haha. Really it's because the guy I copied did the same with a few of his illustrations, including the Balotelli one being used as an avatar here. Fits for Suarez since he has those long eye-lashes and is often squinting.

But anyway, yeah. Suarez embraces King Kenny's Kop, etc.

Clegg

I've started a new FM campaign with Arsenal.

Nasri and Fabregas were sold so I had plenty of money to buy new players. Vermaelen is out until December so I bought Hummels to shore up defence. I needed a good midfielder so I bought Kwadwo Asamoah.

I have Song playing as an anchorman in midfield, Asamoah as a ball winning midfielder and Arteta as a cm. My defence is absolute shit. I beat United 5-4 and Spurs 4-3. Spend £40m trying to shore up defence and defence actually gets worse

I hate this game sometimes.

In Australia, you can do law at university straight out of high school. I enjoyed the mooting, and applying legal theory, but I saw my life stretching before me, and the decision to change majors was pretty simple.

Natalie Dormer has my heart.

Savour her. She's gone in season two. :( Off to HBO shores, to meet this charming rascal:

av-107.jpg

By the way, have you read GRRM yet?

Salazar

Yar, I am up to date on GRRM. Am catching up on American fiction before a conference in a couple of weeks. I'd like to seem informed.

Dormer is so goddamn enchanting.

sohois

In the 16 years that I have been playing my current FM11 save, I have finished first in the league 15 times. The only time I did not finish first was my first season with York City in the premier league (I always start with conference teams). I don't really know why, but I have never found football manager to be at all difficult.

Wilbur

Banned
In the 16 years that I have been playing my current FM11 save, I have finished first in the league 15 times. The only time I did not finish first was my first season with York City in the premier league (I always start with conference teams). I don't really know why, but I have never found football manager to be at all difficult.

I've always found it quite hard before I've decided to just say fuck it attack. Now I'm pretty good. FM12 is harder than 11 though I think.

Wilbuz. How you feeling.

Okay thanks. My ribs still really hurt but I've been told it's okay, and just to rest up and take a bunch of painkillers.

Weird though... my girlfriend was onto insurance first thing this morning and tried to sort it all out. Got a call about an hour ago at her door from the police saying that the guy that backed into us called them last night complaining about whiplash. He didn't even bother calling insurance until my girlfriend's guy (same insurance company) got in touch with him.

You are ManUre

I beat Barcarse.

elseanio

Weird Spain line up. Stuck a fiver on Silva/Spain win, bit more confident he'll be getting forward now since they have no strikers....

Casillas - Arbeloa Ramos Pique Alba - X.Alonso Busquets - Silva Xavi Iniesta - Cesc

Wilbur

Banned
Weird Spain line up. Stuck a fiver on Silva/Spain win, bit more confident he'll be getting forward now since they have no strikers....

Casillas - Arbeloa Ramos Pique Alba - X.Alonso Busquets - Silva Xavi Iniesta - Cesc

What? What the fuck hahahaahahaha?! Cesc up front? No fucking way.

Also Busquets and Alonso together is so pointless. I'd drop Alonso if they're going to try and play like Barca.

Cesc up front :lol

Rumours going round RDM has signed a 1 year contract at the club.

I suppose it means we don't have to pay him £12m compensation when Roman gets inevitably bored with him.

sneaky77

wat? are you serious... wtf del bosque.. he;s lost his mind.. all that to bring Torres in the second half... I think Llorente may be more effective for us this tournament for crosses into the box since most teams are just going to pack it in

What? What the fuck hahahaahahaha?! Cesc up front? No fucking way.

Also Busquets and Alonso together is so pointless. I'd drop Alonso if they're going to try and play like Barca.

Cesc up front :lol

I would drop both alonso and busquets and put J.Martinez there if you are going to have silva xavi iniesta in front of him anyway.

I just can't get into Fifa Ultimate Team.
I found it was Wotanh spending 20 on gold packs to sell in the market for some cash. If you get lucky you get an IF that makes it easy. also use futhead.com to find values of players you're selling.
I take it back. It isn't worth it. FIFA is a broken game where the winner is randomly decided.

Wilbur

Banned
Rumours going round RDM has signed a 1 year contract at the club.

I suppose it means we don't have to pay him £12m compensation when Roman gets inevitably bored with him.

Can't wait to see Pep turn you down when it's revealed Abramovic will try and buy Jamie Carragher in January

Scum

Should have swapped Busquets for Xavi, move Cesc into Xavi's position and had Llorente up front. 2-1 to Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom