• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Brilliant game. Italy played well and Spain really picked things up for the last half hour.

Time for the main event.

C'mon Ireland!!!!!!!!!

Clegg

You can see how much Spain miss Villa.

He's been the best striker in the world over the last 5 years imo.

He would have offered more of a threat in the first half for Spain and he would have scored at least one of the chances Torres had.

Plasma

Banned
Al Jazeera reporting that Arsenal have a agreed a fee for Giroud, interesting didn't think there would be any movement on transfers for us until after the Euros (If this is true anyway).

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
x610.jpg

San Gigi <3

You can see how much Spain miss Villa.

He's been the best striker in the world over the last 5 years imo.

He would have offered more of a threat in the first half for Spain and he would have scored at least one of the chances Torres had.

That's what I've been saying all along! Spain's David Villa was fucking scary, no one is even close to him in their squad.

Can't wait. He's going to show the world that he is still a top keeper. Still can't believe Ciaran Clark wasn't invited.

I'm back so can play those games after this game if you want :D

Luckily the match was on in the pub, plenty of cheering when Fab scored because half the people that worked there had him in their fantasy teams (including me).

That Marchisio gallop across the Spanish half was very, very tasty. Reminded me, almost :(, of the goal against Milan. What a fantastic player.

ItalyJuve represented so well. San Gigi did amazing, Chiellini made crucial tackles, Bonucci got most of his responsibilities right (the goal was just too quick and well designed to be any of Italy's fault), Giaccherini ran up and down the flanks admirably with some tremendous touches, Pirlo's pass to Di Natale was magical... I mean we did amazing today. I think our fears of resenting Juve is all but gone.

Pretty good. Just not the kind of money tottenham wants for him good.

For a player who cost them £16m~ wanted by teams in his own league when they don't want/need to sell and when they're trying to push themselves up the league I can't blame them for asking for £35m. He's worth it in this market.

At the time of last season we should have given them £35m in July and maybe our season until March would have been different.

Wilbur

Banned
I've never really understood all the hype about him. I mean he's very good but I don't think he's all that.

Talk of a 30M+ transfer baffles me.

He's the type of player that people don't notice a lot until he pops up. I think he's really quite underrated, I think he's fantastic.

People haven't really noticed Busquets until now, the casual fan who might watch Barcelona in the final and the World Cup will just know him as a diver.

He's the type of player that people don't notice a lot until he pops up. I think he's really quite underrated, I think he's fantastic.

People haven't really noticed Busquets until now, the casual fan who might watch Barcelona in the final and the World Cup will just know him as a diver.

I'm fully prepared to be wrong, truth be told I never really pay much attention to Spurs so I've barely seen any full games where I can watch him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom