• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

I'm posting it in spoiler

An ampersand upon her vagina.
The handiwork of a master of his trade;
like an artisan and his quill, he writes -
"Oh verily, the asphyxiation must begin
Those who have not yet met me, must devour me
Enter, enter my domain
As I go henceforth, suffer, and the muffin will treat me as if I was one"

Fin.

wut_2cjd3a.gif

FootballFan

:lol wtf is this real?

Ronaldo be mad.

"You know where he was at this time [last year]? Do you know? He was being eliminated in the Copa America, in his own country," Ronaldo said at the post-game press conference. "I think that's worse, no?"

hahaha such a baby.

elsk

Banned
:lol wtf is this real?

Ronaldo be mad.

"You know where he was at this time [last year]? Do you know? He was being eliminated in the Copa America, in his own country," Ronaldo said at the post-game press conference. "I think that's worse, no?"

hahaha such a baby.

Yeah, I posted it like 4 hours ago :p
btw: Argentina was eliminated in the Quarter-finals.

FootballFan

Yeah, I posted it like 4 hours ago :p
btw: Argentina was eliminated in the Quarter-finals.

Oops didn't see.

:lol Messi chants get under his skin. I remember in the CL heaps of supporters were doing it. With that statement he made, he is pretty much attacking Messi directly even though Messi himself didn't do anything.

Slizz

Oops didn't see.

:lol Messi chants get under his skin. I remember in the CL heaps of supporters were doing it. With that statement he made, he is pretty much attacking Messi directly even though Messi himself didn't do anything.

Be honest though, can you blame him?

Any other era he is without a doubt the best player on Earth, unfortunately hes in an era with Messi who he will constantly get questioned about and compared to. Tough to take it night in and night out.

No excuse really but I can understand the malice coming from him recently.

elsk

Banned
Be honest though, can you blame him?

Any other era he is without a doubt the best player on Earth, unfortunately hes in an era with Messi who he will constantly get questioned about and compared to. Tough to take it night in and night out.

No excuse really but I can understand the malice coming from him recently.

I would rate Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Zidane higher than Cristiano Ronaldo actually.
He would get his chance if his only competition was Neymar or some clown like him.

Wilbur

Banned
Listening to the Ricky Gervais Show again. Still hilarious. I don't think it'll ever get old.

The radio show is better than the podcasts, they rehash a lot out of them. But the XFM radio show is just fucking astonishingly funny, the way they slowly discover how Karl works.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Just got back from Prometheus to see that Harry's been sacked. There were lots of reasons to get rid but I'm sad to see him go, he was the best manager we've had for decades. Ah well, all those years of talking shite have finally caught up with him, he shouldn't have pissed all over us when we offered him a new contract in February. Hopefully it doesn't lead to a player exodus.

Moyes please.

spidye

Just got back from Prometheus to see that Harry's been sacked. There were lots of reasons to get rid but I'm sad to see him go, he was the best manager we've had for decades. Ah well, all those years of talking shite have finally caught up with him, he shouldn't have pissed all over us when we offered him a new contract in February. Hopefully it doesn't lead to a player exodus.

Moyes please.

without spoilering, how was prometheus?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
without spoilering, how was prometheus?

I enjoyed it but it wasn't the kind of movie I thought it would be. It was not a 'monster movie', but that was probably for the better. It was light on exposition but I prefer my movies like that, there was more of a focus on the characters and their differing views on humanity.

K1LLER7

I would rate Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Zidane higher than Cristiano Ronaldo actually.
He would get his chance if his only competition was Neymar or some clown like him.

I liked watching Ronaldo (R9) the most out of the players listed, including Messi. Ronaldinho close second. Mainly because when I was younger, back then I wasn't too into football and only watched the PL matches here and then. Would watch the World Cups, he'd be running against opponents and have 3-4 players surrounding him and he'd just dribble past them so easily and then round the keeper. Shame injurys rocked his career and he was imo, potentially one of the best players ever.

spidye

I enjoyed it but it wasn't the kind of movie I thought it would be. It was not a 'monster movie', but that was probably for the better. It was light on exposition but I prefer my movies like that, there was more of a focus on the characters and their differing views on humanity.
thanks
did you see the first alien movies? how does it compare to the first two?

Wilbur

Banned
did you see the first alien? how does it compare to the first?

If you haven't read my opinion; doesn't hold a candle to it but that's because Alien is fucking perfect and incredible. I would say Alien >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Prometheus >> Aliens

spidye

If you haven't read my opinion; doesn't hold a candle to it but that's because Alien is fucking perfect and incredible. I would say Alien >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Prometheus >> Aliens

well obviously :)
the first alien blowed my mind when I watched it for the first time last year.

jtb

Banned

wow. prometheus ahead of aliens?!? I liked prometheus a lot, but it was really inconsistent and reeked of damon lindelof's inept writing - having said that, I really really loved the scene
where Shaw gets surgery
, and its beautifully shot. but then the rest of the movie after that scene was ridiculously anticlimactic and underwhelming, something that would never happen in a James Cameron film.

that said, alien is by far ridley's best film. blade runner is so overrated.

Wilbur

Banned
wow. prometheus ahead of aliens?!? I liked prometheus a lot, but it was really inconsistent and reeked of damon lindelof's inept writing - having said that, I really really loved the scene
where Shaw gets surgery
, and its beautifully shot. but then the rest of the movie after that scene was ridiculously anticlimactic and underwhelming, something that would never happen in a James Cameron film.

that said, alien is by far ridley's best film. blade runner is so overrated.

Meh, just didn't like the first half of Aliens at all. I've got reasons that I've gone into on both why I like and dislike, but Prometheus just grabs me a little more.

jtb

Banned
Meh, just didn't like the first half of Aliens at all. I've got reasons that I've gone into on both why I like and dislike, but Prometheus just grabs me a little more.

prometheus' inane mumblings about religion and space jesus turned me off. everything was just so... complicated... and for no reason, really.

plus, "GAME OVER MAN GAME OVER." can't hate on that.

Wilbur

Banned
never had the guts to watch alien because I always thought it would be a horror movie.
man was I dumb.

So damn dumb
plus you love gomez so damn dumb

Know what movie is better than Prometheus?

Fucking Bloodsport. It's on TV right now and awesome.

Never seen it but I like its title

Portugal need to play without Ronaldo. Fuck that child he brings them down.

Never going to happen. I think its worth keeping him there because he has the potential to keep it going, but Varela and Oliveira would be better choices than he or Postiga so far.

prometheus' inane mumblings about religion and space jesus turned me off. everything was just so... complicated... and for no reason, really.

plus, "GAME OVER MAN GAME OVER." can't hate on that.

Oh I can fucking hate on it haha, just as bad as anything written in Prometheus

Wilbur

Banned
Also, Tello sounds good. I could definitely see that coming off. Prefer him to Affelay.

Someone should make a £15m bid for Pedro and see where that goes. Guy's crazy underrated there.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5ivxnXZJA1qjxe9go1_1280.jpg[/ig][/QUOTE]

He kept playing with his hair during the match hahaha

[quote="Slizz, post: 38856996"]It also accurately describes the entire movie.[/QUOTE]

Sounds awesome, gonna see if its on Netflix

p.s. Parks & Recreation continues to be awesome and I'm in love with Amy Poehler

GorillaJu

Wilbury it's been brought up a lot that Liverpool will only be targeting U23 players this year. Pedro was born 1987, Tello born 1991. Probably would play a big part in that decision. Plus Rodgers speaks Spanish and loves kids.

Also only the latter of those two is attainable for us :p Pedro at the peak of his career in terms of accomplishments, Tello will be looking for a chance to kick start his. What better way than a team in 8th place in the PL?

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbury it's been brought up a lot that Liverpool will only be targeting U23 players this year. Pedro was born 1987, Tello born 1991. Probably would play a big part in that decision. Plus Rodgers speaks Spanish and loves kids.

A man after my own heart.

Brought up where, here? I've completely missed it if so haha. Think it's a risky strategy to be honest, bunch of youngsters is a good idea but a) it might stagnate the progress of youth players there already and b) not buying Pedro to replace Downing because of a few years would be stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom