• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

I can't make a new one on my iPad. Someone give me an Olivia one and I'll change it. :(

EDIT: FUCK BLONDE HAIRED OLIVIA WILDE, not in the good way.

Last one for the night lol take it or leave it:

TtL6i.jpg

Clegg

Because outside of Liverpool fans everyone seems to think he's a bad manager. I really don't get why. He's not perfect, but then arguably no manager is.

Those were my thoughts. But it still doesn't make sense though. He may have had some bad moments in recent years but he still has a good track recoed.

I just find it odd that clubs looking for a new manager seem to shy away from him.

Fry

It's been much better than the World Cup. It's been such fun, I'm so glad there's football to watch. But I have no hope for England so I just really want club football back, especially with Kagawa.

Yeah, and I've been watching in HD, so it's all fun and orgasmic to me. :D

The WC started really boring with a lot of draws and bad calls from referees... but it got really good after the group stage (when most of the players had mastered their shooting and passing of the Jabulani).

Club football will be back soon, don't worry. But we still have the transfer window...

Arnie

Megan Massacre is not that bad looking btw. You guys are crazy.
I've been with better looking women, and not to put myself down too much, but generally that shouldn't be the case with avatars. Aim for the stars man. Not some average looking blight with ugly tattoos.
Those were my thoughts. But it still doesn't make sense though. He may have had some bad moments in recent years but he still has a good track recoed.

I just find it odd that clubs looking for a new manager seem to shy away from him.

I've got a frightening suspicion that Spurs will snap him up.

Levy will travel up to Merseyside to meet with Everton regarding Moyes, Kenwright will rebuff the approach and on his way out of the city Levy will be courted by a black vehicle with the license plate 'RBN1T3Z', urging him to follow back to his Caldy retreat.

Clegg

I've got a frightening suspicion that Spurs will snap him up.

Levy will travel up to Merseyside to meet with Everton regarding Moyes, Kenwright will rebuff the approach and on his way out of the city Levy will be courted by a black vehicle with the license plate 'RBN1T3Z', urging him to follow back to his Caldy retreat.

You're making Rafa sound rather sinister.

Sloosha

Haven't watched one match of the Euros, so far, from start to finish. Finding it hard to muster up any sort of interest to be honest. Looking forward to Olympic football though. I'm hoping those Dortmund scouts show some interest in Kim bo-Kyung during the tournament. They love those Cerezo Osaka midfielders.

Clegg

Slightly annoyed that Strootman hasn't been given any gametime for Holland.

But if United do go for him then PSV can't use the "good tournament" excuse to jack up the transfer fee.

Arnie

You're making Rafa sound rather sinister.
I actually think that's part of the reason he's been frozen out of a few opportunities, because he's seen as some conniving little Spaniard; when in fact he had a very taxing struggle with a pair of venomous cowboys at Liverpool, and had to contend with a fairly intrusive owner at Inter. He's by no means a saint, and as Paul said he isn't perfect, but he's an elite manager, whereby the likes of Rodgers, Blanc, Moyes and Martinez are certainly not.

Fry

For anyone who wants to watch some football: Santos x Corinthians is about to start. First leg of semi-finals.

Libertadores. Neymar and Ganso are playing.

So, you Europeeeeeners need to be d/ling pocket planes for your iPhones while I wait another three hours. Gogogo!

Also, Arnie is spot on regarding avatars (although I'm conceded as fuck and think I could probably get a chance to hook up with Frankie Shaw/my gf is as good looking).

Sloosha

Is the Santos game on ESPND? Don't think I have that channel :(

Just caught the end of Bloodsport. Hearts on Fire!

EDIT: Shit. It's on Fox Deportes. Definitely don't have that channel :(:(:(

Slizz

Is the Santos game on ESPND? Don't think I have that channel :(

Just caught the end of Bloodsport. Hearts on Fire!

EDIT: Shit. It's on Fox Deportes. Definitely don't have that channel :(:(:(

Thank you for reminding me. I was literally sitting here for the last 5 minutes thinking of what I wanted to watch at 9.

Noirulus

:lol wtf is this real?

Ronaldo be mad.

"You know where he was at this time [last year]? Do you know? He was being eliminated in the Copa America, in his own country," Ronaldo said at the post-game press conference. "I think that's worse, no?"

hahaha such a baby.

Yeah, I posted it like 4 hours ago :p
btw: Argentina was eliminated in the Quarter-finals.

Actual translation from a Portuguese redditor:

This article is extremely poor, the actual quote is:

Sabem onde estava o Messi no ano passado por esta altura? Estava na Copa América, a jogar pouco e com a Argentina a ser eliminada em casa. E há quem diga que ele é o melhor do mundo. São coisas normais nos grandes jogadores

English:

Do you know where Messi was last year around this time? He was in Copa America, not playing very well and with Argentina being eliminated at home. And some say he's the best in the world. These things are normal in big players.

I'm not defending him but the article(and OP's title) makes it seem like Ronaldo was happy for the fact that Messi was out of the Copa America, when in fact he was only comparing Messi's poor form with his own and, basically, saying: every footballer has bad moments. We all know CR is not exactly a wordsmith.

Also, he didn't bring it up by himself, he was asked about something relating to Messi.

Thanks for the translation Noirulus. That translation makes a lot more sense and makes what he said extremely reasonable. Unfortunately people are going to twist the words of the best athletes to make them look as bad as possible.

About to jump into FM12. Wish me luck

Kyoufu

Apparently Cabaye is trying to convince Debuchy to join Newcastle and Debuchy may very well choose Newcastle over the bigger offers on the table.

Debuchy, if you join us, I will hump your shrine for 12 months at least.

Zabojnik

God, please let it be true. Spartak is offering 11,5M€ for PsychoMelo, Shalke 8-10M€ for Elia. Also, Asamoah medical is scheduled for today, tomorrow will be Isla's turn. So, yeah, it's basically official.

v64zs3.jpg

14yb9cp.jpg

Sigh, the sponsor's logo is going to ruin everything, isn't it? :/

Wilbur

Banned
God, please let it be true. Spartak is offering 11,5M€ for PsychoMelo, Shalke 8-10M€ for Elia. Also, Asamoah medical is scheduled for today, tomorrow will be Isla's turn. So, yeah, it's basically official.

v64zs3.jpg

14yb9cp.jpg

This post is beautiful

PaulLFC

I'm late on this, but BT have won the rights to show 38 premier league games from the season after next, and 20 first pick games. That's more first picks than Sky. Very surprising.

Slightly annoyed that Strootman hasn't been given any gametime for Holland.

But if United do go for him then PSV can't use the "good tournament" excuse to jack up the transfer fee.
Same, really looking forwards to seeing him play but we've been denied. Doubt he plays in the next game either.

Anyhow, his agent has said his future will be discussed after the Euro's and we are interested...there is some hope...just a little bit.

But seriously, if we signed Strootman this summer, him and Kagawa...wow, that would be the stuff of dreams.

Messi

v64zs3.jpg

14yb9cp.jpg

Give me this with no sponsor Nike.

Ireland is so incredibly fucked tomorrow it's not even funny.

Clegg

Same, really looking forwards to seeing him play but we've been denied. Doubt he plays in the next game either.

Anyhow, his agent has said his future will be discussed after the Euro's and we are interested...there is some hope...just a little bit.

But seriously, if we signed Strootman this summer, him and Kagawa...wow, that would be the stuff of dreams.

I read on Darren Cans twitter that SAF really hates dealing with agents and that any possible transfer may hinge of Strootman changing agents.

D.Can seems to be pretty reliable when it comes to this kind of news. But I think he was just giving his opinion. He said there is interest on Uniteds side but no talks with PSV of Strootman have happened.

Meier

Oh man, I wish Sunhi was watching this Santos-Corinthians game. Bit of a dust-up, one guy in the background rolling around holding his hamstring while furiously waving his hand around for physio help. The way he did it had me rolling -- hey guys, what about me! Total bullshit of course, didn't receive any attention at all.

Red card for Emerson now on Neymar foul and another dust-up.

I read on Darren Cans twitter that SAF really hates dealing with agents and that any possible transfer may hinge of Strootman changing agents.

D.Can seems to be pretty reliable when it comes to this kind of news. But I think he was just giving his opinion. He said there is interest on Uniteds side but no talks with PSV of Strootman have happened.
RI seem to think the same. That a deal with Strootman is very much possible but only if he changes agents to somebody the club favours.

Interesting that both have the same opinion, Darren Can is indeed quite reliable and doesn't bullshit. Maybe something to look out for.

Wilbur

Banned
"The Irish with their backs to the wall like Cassano in the Italian dressing room"

Man, i love James Richardson

Holy shit is that on Football Daily? Need to listen to yesterday's but I trust that got a big laugh haha. AC Jimbo's the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom