• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoArmo

Wait, Carroll starting, Ox dropped, this could be genius. 4-3-3, the front 3 not with wingers but with Welbeck (right) and Young (left) just behind Carroll for the knockdowns. Parker, Gerrard and Milner as the midfield 3.

I think I like that. Which is weird.

And no, Anderson was not £25m.

K1LLER7

Wait, Anderson was £25 million?

back when he was tearing it up in the brazilian league and touted as the next ronaldinho. Good days ;(

^ it'll definately be 4-4-2 / 4-4-1-1 with Welbeck moving to Youngs spot and Young to Ox's position.Woy loves his 442 formation

Wilbur

Banned
Wait, Carroll starting, Ox dropped, this could be genius. 4-3-3, the front 3 not with wingers but with Welbeck (right) and Young (left) just behind Carroll for the knockdowns. Parker, Gerrard and Milner as the midfield 3.

You're aware you're talking shit. 4-4-2 with Young behind Carroll, Milner on the right and Downing on the left. Prepare for sadness

And are you sure? Wasn't it £18m going up to £24m depending on shit

GorillaJu

More likely 4-4-2 but with the way Milner tends to stay back and Young likes to push forward, it'll end up like a 4-3-3

Arnie

Don't judge us

It's not my position to judge anyone's transfer activity.

But...

iHo20zW18FmBc.gif

elseanio

Yeah, that would probably work well. Will likely end up with Milner and Young on the wings in a 4-4-2 though

Are you sure? Porto seem to think he was, but I can't see if any clauses were in the fee

http://www.fcporto.pt/IncFCP/pdf/Investor_Relations/FactosRelevantes/VendaAnderson2junho07.pdf

LegoArmo

Are you sure? Porto seem to think he was, but I can't see if any clauses were in the fee

http://www.fcporto.pt/IncFCP/pdf/Investor_Relations/FactosRelevantes/VendaAnderson2junho07.pdf

When he signed the Euro was a lot weaker, so that 30m was closer to 20m pounds. And I think it would have had some clauses.

The BBC said:

Portugal winger Nani, 20, and Brazil midfielder Anderson, 19, cost a combined £30m when joining from Sporting Lisbon and Porto respectively.

So either they got a great deal on Nani, or extremely ripped off for Anderson. I think they were both around £15m with various add ons taking it up closer to £20m each.

Wilbur

Banned
When he signed the Euro was a lot weaker, so that 30m was closer to 20m pounds. And I think it would have had some clauses.

The BBC said:

So either they got a great deal on Nani, or extremely ripped off for Anderson. I think they were both around £15m with various add ons taking it up closer to £20m each.

Ah. Well £15m was a great deal for Nani. Jury's out on Anderson

Anderson's fee can reach a maximum of £20.5m.

We've probably paid most of that, won everything since he came to the club, maybe a bit short on international appearances.

Thanks, Fady.

But whilst I would consider Kyle Irish, I'm not sure if he'd feel the same way.
I'm whatever you want me to be baby. Technically British, but if I was asked I'd say British or Irish. I'm from Northern Ireland which is as much Irish as it is British far as I'm concerned.

That said, whilst I'm not a ROI supporter, NI boy myself, I do like to see them do well. Same as I like to see any of the home nations do well.

A bit gutted for them tonight, but the ROI really do play some stinking football. Irish football north and south really is just grim these days.

Wes

venison crêpe
I am excited that Hodgson is at least experimenting/going for it by playing two up front.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if it's listed as 4-4-2 but is in fact a christmas tree with Young pushing up between the strikers with Welbeck dropping back to inside right whilst Milner narrows and joins the central midfield too.

Edit: reading up after posting, pretty much like LegoArmo said.

elsk

Banned
Wow, nobody else is watching Boca Juniors vs. U de Chile? That's CL kind of football.

Rudi Voller (Leverkusen) is at the stadium, he's watching a few players from la Universidad de Chile.

Met one of my mates' nephew today. He's 9 years old, a very talented young footballer. Used to play for City, Liverpool and United academies but now he has to pick just one and since he's a United fan he's chosen to play for United. I was amazed to see just what he can do with a full size 5 ball at that age, seriously talented.

He's one lucky chap. When he was at Liverpool he had lunch with Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard as he was picked out as the most impressive young player for that month or something. Similar thing happened with Balotelli at City. He's also met most of the first team United squad now and trains at Carrington two or three times a week.

Coolest thing about him is that he's called Zidane. His parents decided he was going to be a footballer from the day he was born! :)

Met one of my mates' nephew today. He's 9 years old, a very talented young footballer. Used to play for City, Liverpool and United academies but now he has to pick just one and since he's a United fan he's chosen to play for United. I was amazed to see just what he can do with a full size 5 ball at that age, seriously talented.

He's one lucky chap. When he was at Liverpool he had lunch with Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard as he was picked out as the most impressive young player for that month or something. Similar thing happened with Balotelli at City. He's also met most of the first team United squad now and trains at Carrington two or three times a week.

Coolest thing about him is that he's called Zidane. His parents decided he was going to be a footballer from the day he was born! :)

What position would you say he plays in?

Wenger is scouting him at this very moment, be warned :p

Wenger is scouting him at this very moment, be warned :p
Haha, he's a double footed Attacking Mid!

Funny you mention Arsenal, he's actually entered a competition to meet Robin Van Persie through Cartoon Network! You can see his clip here;

Cartoon Network Bootcamp

Search for the username "iqbalz" and his video should come up! Not sure how they decide the winner, not sure it's on views...at least I hope not cos he's well behind haha.

Football-GAF will act, collectively, as his agent, if he's up for it.

Would give me great pleasure to string along greedy fuckers from Real Madrid.
As a member of Football GAF and his collective agency. I'm saying we remove him from United.

Funny you mention Arsenal, he's actually entered a competition to meet Robin Van Persie through Cartoon Network! You can see his clip here;

Cartoon Network Bootcamp

Search for the username "iqbalz" and his video should come up! Not sure how they decide the winner, not sure it's on views...at least I hope not cos he's well behind haha.
Ugh, at 23 years old I shouldn't envy the abilities of a 9 year old. But I do.

GorillaJu

Seriously, 100% serious. If he needs an agent, I'll do it. Seriously. I'm not an agent but how hard can it be? I'll change his diapers or whatever 9 year olds need.

Seriously, 100% serious. If he needs an agent, I'll do it. Seriously. I'm not an agent but how hard can it be? I'll change his diapers or whatever 9 year olds need.
Not enough money. MORE MONEY.

Think that's about it.

Edit: that kid's video was so good that I'm now looking at other kids videos and being disappointed and critical at their lack of ability. It's terrible :lol

ATF487

Cartoon Network Bootcamp

Pfft, I can do all those things, and lump the ball up to a big man

He has better footwork than I do though

Not enough money. MORE MONEY.

Think that's about it.

Edit: that kid's video was so good that I'm now looking at other kids videos and being disappointed and critical at their lack of ability. It's terrible :lol
He can actually do much better tricks and stuff than those ones, there his mum just told him to do a few things and she recorded it. He didn't actually know it was for a competition. I've seen this kid pull off multiple "around the worlds" and stuff, it's crazy impressive that he can do tricks fully grown adults struggle to do with a full sized ball.

Some of the other videos are pretty funny, there are actually grown men in some of them! :lol

K1LLER7

Wilbury is scouting him at this very moment, be warned :p

Fixed that for you :p

the kids talented, future no.7 lol

A mate of mine was at the Stoke youth academy but left as he decided he wanted to go through Uni. Would come for a kick about on weekends and whenever we entered 5 a side tournaments we'd always bring him along. Too bad he wouldn't have fitted the Stoke policy.

Cartoon Network Bootcamp

Wow. Seriously jealous. It's pretty cool to see young players do stuff with a ball that big (comparatively). I think it was Meus who posted the video of the U-13s playing ball.

Sloosha

Time to start spreading rumors that he's disillusioned with ManU's direction and that he's interested in City's project. Think we can fleece them for more money.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We have this really really talented young boy in the academy but I can't remember his name, hmm..

edit: No, it's not Verratti.

edit2:Ivan Veselji!
wr8ysm.png

I'll post a proper video tomorrow after I wake up!

Arnie

My skills are better elsewhere. I shall just be that guy that shouts from the touch line and has his parents chastise me but I shrug it off and then go get a bacon sarnie
My original reply was a lot more, shall we say, risqué; however after Jeff's demise I've started contemplating my posts a lot more. I erred on the side of caution.

Wilbur

Banned
My original reply was a lot more, shall we say, risqué; however after Jeff's demise I've started contemplating my posts a lot more. I erred on the side of caution.

Run with wild abandon! I've talked about deep willy and bum thwacking just in the last few hours

Cartoon Network Bootcamp

Jesus. It's depressing to realise there are 9 year olds that make me look shit. Very Impressive.

I'm watching burn notice right now. Didn't watch suits but it looks good. I'm a sucker for almost all of USAs shows

Once your done with that I am still up somehow so if you want to play FIFA I am up for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom