• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

I mentioned earlier that Spain set a new record for the most successful passes in a European Champion match.ship

Well Xavi has also set a new record for most successful passes by an individual in the Euros.

08bsR.png

I'm sure I will and then we can gossip about it!
Cool :)

I've got so much stuff on my to do list. Got like 4 shows I need to watch, games I need to play, articles to write for a blog I blog for, things to do ahead of my trip to NYC...and all the football to watch! Aaaaahhh! And that doesn't include the #1 task, find a job, ugh.

Watching a couple of Mad Men episodes tonight to start with.

Cool :)

I've got so much stuff on my to do list. Got like 4 shows I need to watch, games I need to play, articles to write for a blog I blog for, things to do ahead of my trip to NYC...and all the football to watch! Aaaaahhh! And that doesn't include the #1 task, find a job, ugh.

Watching a couple of Mad Men episodes tonight to start with.
What field are you in? I've gotten a lot of bites simply by posting my resume on careerbuilder.

What field are you in? I've gotten a lot of bites simply by posting my resume on careerbuilder.
Just finished my degree in Economics and Politics.

Would like to work in public policy somewhere, think tanks and the like. Problem is they don't have many spots and don't do grad schemes or anything like that. Can't be too picky right now so anything that I'm vaguely interested in will do, may go for management consultancy or something as there are a lot of grad schemes for that and it seems to be quite general.

Wilbur

Banned
Just finished series 3 of Parks & Rec. I hope number 4 comes to Netflix soon. Really enjoying that show.

ON TO SOMETHING NEW. Also the thick of it i hope that comes back soon

Sloosha

The end of the OKC vs Heat game is awesome. 4 point game.

The Thick of It is great. Season 1 of the Veep just finished up but it doesn't compare. Needs a Malcolm Tucker/Jaime MacDonald-esque character. Have you watched the League Wilbury?

The end of the OKC vs Heat game is awesome. 4 point game.

The Thick of It is great. Season 1 of the Veep just finished up but it doesn't compare. Needs a Malcolm Tucker/Jaime MacDonald-esque character. Have you watched the League Wilbury?
FFFFUUUU Durant nearly made LeBron cry. That was a foul I thought, LeBron lucky.

Meier

Haha, he's a double footed Attacking Mid!

Funny you mention Arsenal, he's actually entered a competition to meet Robin Van Persie through Cartoon Network! You can see his clip here;

Cartoon Network Bootcamp

Search for the username "iqbalz" and his video should come up! Not sure how they decide the winner, not sure it's on views...at least I hope not cos he's well behind haha.

Amazing stuff! Hopefully he becomes massively successful some day and you can get some free tickets out of your buddy.

Salazar

Fucking Labor! Useless cunts!

Everybody's useless, really. Considering the LNP's ostensible way out of this is going to be a Venkys-esque scorching of the public service, because they're

a) petrified of antagonising business
b) scared to flog assets

rodvik

Wait, Carroll starting, Ox dropped, this could be genius. 4-3-3, the front 3 not with wingers but with Welbeck (right) and Young (left) just behind Carroll for the knockdowns. Parker, Gerrard and Milner as the midfield 3.

I think I like that. Which is weird.

And no, Anderson was not £25m.

Good idea. Hodgson just plays 4-4-2 though and drills the crap out of the players. He is rather predictable that way.

Maybe he will spring a surprise but its not really in his nature.

Akira

Where's Klopp using him, as CM or CAM?

Leitner was used as a DM last season, where he did quite well whenever he got the chance. I know he can play in CAM role quite well too. But there is too much competition in that position at Dortmund.

rodvik

0,,10265~10951699,00.jpg

New Villa kit. I love the home kit, way better than last season. Except for the lame socks. Not sold on the new Norwich looking away kit (last years was better) but I guess Lambert wants to feel at home 8)

Messi

Went to see Prometheus in IMAX 3D. Great looking movie and the 3Dees were really nice at times. it's a shame the last 20 mins or so of the movie are crap. Otherwise great movie.

Oh and Dark knight rises & amazing spiderman trailers looked great using 3d, especially spiderman.

Edit: Charlize Theron is stupidly sexy.

choodi

Banned
Everybody's useless, really. Considering the LNP's ostensible way out of this is going to be a Venkys-esque scorching of the public service, because they're

a) petrified of antagonising business
b) scared to flog assets

As a public servant I am keeping a close eye on this...so much fud and PR spin at the moment.

Oh God, papers saying Carroll will start. As if the football we played in the France game was bad, we have a big man striker who can't keep the ball, has no first touch, is slow and doesn't score goals. But at least he'll try really hard.

Salazar

Oh God, papers saying Carroll will start. As if the football we played in the France game was bad, we have a big man striker who can't keep the ball, has no first touch, is slow and doesn't score goals. But at least he'll try really hard.

I'd prefer it if Ashley Young took on the shot himself. Every time.

Lol Max Payne 3 bombed.

People didn't want to buy a game with a thousand cutscenes.

But I did

Good. Not that great a game, Rockstars writing is embarrassing, especially when they force you to watch Max eat pills and get drunk every 5 min. "Oh I hate my life, I'm such a monster, I kill people and am an alcoholic, I should probably stop"

*cuts to gameplay with Max popping pills while bullet timing in the air and shooting people repeatedly in the face while yelling one liners*

Looks pretty though.

Looks like Carroll might play up front with Welbeck. I'm slightly more okay with this. I hope Young and Ox continue in preference to James Fucking Milner. Won't happen though, Milner is clearly Roy's favourite because he runs backwards lots.

Kem0sabe

Milan is offering Benfica 30 million for Witsel, plus a left back Taiwo. I think Witsel is the perfect substitute for Pirlo in the Milan midfield, would be a great buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom