• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splatt

Just read that. I'd say "Fuck EA" but these days everyone is making run-of-the-mill 3rd person action game, so fuck the whole industry. I miss the PS2 days, when making a creative new IP didn't mean a company would go bankrupt...

Clegg

I enjoyed DS 2 but you could already see that they were beginning to change the creative direction of the franchise

I expect it will be Gears of Dead Space.

Benitez was very tactically astute in Europe and in games against other top sides. At times he seemed tactically inept against weaker opposition though, Liverpool drew way too many games they should have won under him.

As usual truth lies somewhere in between. Not hopeless as some would have you believe but neither a genius as some LFC fans think he was.

Tactics is just one part of football management. If you want to put Benitez down as an elite level manager you're putting him in the same bracket as Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger, Ancelotti, Guardiola(?) and the like. Not sure Benitez has proved himself to be of that calibre.

How many "horror" games are there with co-op anyway? I mean RE5 is also more of an action game than a horror game now. Sucks that they are following that trend.

It's all shitty action horror now from the big publishers. Not that dead space has ever been anything but a glorified third person shooter. Konami are even making some diablo silent hill clone. If anyone are interested in survival horror they should check out lone survivor on steam, it's 2d but a lot more horror than any of this shit that is being shown at e3.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Any Dead Space fans here?

You'll be pleased to know that EA want to sell 5 million copies of DS3.

Expect more action, less horror.

I was a fan of the first game (Extraction was decent as well). Dead Space 2 was not a good sequel so I'd already gone cold on the franchise.

immy

Banned
Benitez was very tactically astute in Europe and in games against other top sides. At times he seemed tactically inept against weaker opposition though, Liverpool drew way too many games they should have won under him.

As usual truth lies somewhere in between. Not hopeless as some would have you believe but neither a genius as some LFC fans think he was.

Tactics is just one part of football management. If you want to put Benitez down as an elite level manager you're putting him in the same bracket as Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger, Ancelotti, Guardiola(?) and the like. Not sure Benitez has proved himself to be of that calibre.

Why is quardiola a question mark lol

Clegg

Isla and Asamoah currently undergoing their medicals for their move to Juventus.

Wish I had a better pic.

bf09afa1-c6de-43dc-8459-16bd040ac8ce.jpgP

Some people wonder whether his success at Barca was down to his ability as a manager or due to the great players he's been blessed with. I think he is a great manager because his success there has been about more than just sending those players out to play but it's a valid argument until he proves himself with another set of players IMO.

Yeah. Sucks for them, they make the CL and get gutted.
It's how they do things. Been doing it for years. Already signed some Fernandes guy who is meant to be a very good and able replacement.

Kem0sabe

You went on about tactics in the post I replied to, and then when you realised you had no argument whatsoever, you moved the goalposts. Just do the admirable thing and admit you have no idea what you're talking about. Unless you want me to argue the points you've just put forward, but then I imagine you'd change your argument again...

Oh come on now. Read his website, he knows what he's talking about.

Woa there mate. My point has everything to do with your argument that he is a tactical genius.

Who would i consider a tactical genius, managers who can win consistently and can adapt from playing Barcelona on the CL to Fulham on the league.

As he has proven time and again, the tactical genius couldn't win the league in England, he couldn't win the league in Italy... and he still has to resort to offering himself to Chelsea for a job instead of getting offered one.

Because until he proves he can take another team to a top level we can't solidify his status. He's a good manager but we need to see what he does when he doesn't have Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, etc. Had he stayed at Barcelona for another cycle of youth and kept the team performing at a similar level, he would without question be considered great.

Clegg

I forgot to mention that Paul Pogba is fucked.

Pirlo, Vidal, Isla, Asamoah, Marchisio, Giaccherini are all ahead of him.

I can't see how he expects to get games when these guys are all in the team.

Even Veratti will be ahead of him when he eventually joins Juve.

Can't say I'm not secretly grinning about this.

doicare

Any Dead Space fans here?

You'll be pleased to know that EA want to sell 5 million copies of DS3.

Expect more action, less horror.
Sure it's going to be more action than horror which pisses me off more than a girl with sand trapped in her vagina but the show floor demo of the game had a lot of horror moments in it with monsters appearing from nowhere in blizzards or bursting out of the snowy ground.

GorillaJu

Well damn. "Girls" is good.

Ehhh.. It's okay. If Lena Dunham is the voice of a generation than I'm the Pope.

Not even going to comment on the discussion, re: Benitez. As usual, Viva is the closest to being right. The rest is like the rest of this thread: one big fucking United fan circle jerk.

elseanio

Woa there mate. My point has everything to do with your argument that he is a tactical genius.

Who would i consider a tactical genius, managers who can win consistently and can adapt from playing Barcelona on the CL to Fulham on the league.

As he has proven time and again, the tactical genius couldn't win the league in England, he couldn't win the league in Italy... and he still has to resort to offering himself to Chelsea for a job instead of getting offered one.

Any reason you're omitting his La Liga successes?

Ehhh.. It's okay. If Lena Dunham is the voice of a generation than I'm the Pope.

Not even going to comment on the discussion, re: Benitez. As usual, Viva is the closest to being right. The rest is like the rest of this thread: one big fucking United fan circle jerk.
HIk5C.gif

To make this gif relevant, it's being said Shinji won't play at the Olympics. Kinda gutted cos would be great to see him play and maybe I could have seen him live, but good for United that he has some rest.

Clegg

I forgot about Veratti. Pogba really hasn't thought this transfer through, has he?

His agent has obviously been a huge influence on him.

Sure it's going to be more action than horror which pisses me off more than a girl with sand trapped in her vagina but the show floor demo of the game had a lot of horror moments in it with monsters appearing from nowhere in blizzards or bursting out of the snowy ground.

Having monsters jump out of you from nowhere is exactly what I didn't want to see. Dead Space 1 was more about the foreboding sense of terror. Sure you had stuff jumping out at you, but it's most effective moments of terror came when they they put you in those cramped corridors with with noises buzzing all around you. You expected something to jump at you but it never did. And that just upped the players level of tension.

PaulLFC

No it doesn't. It really, really doesn't.

You mentioned tactics initially, it was your argument. I replied that you do not beat the teams I listed without tactics. You then decided to change "tactics" to other criteria such as winning leagues, spending money, etc. Your point has absolutely nothing to do with tactics whatsoever, so don't try to claim that it does.

Clegg

Some Swedish newspaper has decided to have a go at the British tabloids. It's predicting their headlines for tomorrow after Sweden beat England.

KGQ77.jpg

GorillaJu

Fuck me, does anyone know how much Betis B wants for Alvaro Vadillo on FM? They keep rejecting me. My scout says he's got potential to be better than Gerrard, and my scout has 19 and 18 in the judging player ability/potential stats so I tend to trust him...

Clegg

Fuck me, does anyone know how much Betis B wants for Alvaro Vadillo on FM? They keep rejecting me. My scout says he's got potential to be better than Gerrard, and my scout has 19 and 18 in the judging player ability/potential stats so I tend to trust him...

Just keep upping you bid by 100k until they accept.

Thats what I usually do when I can't get a valuation.

doicare

I forgot about Veratti. Pogba really hasn't thought this transfer through, has he?

Having monsters jump out of you from nowhere is exactly what I didn't want to see. Dead Space 1 was more about the foreboding sense of terror. Sure you had stuff jumping out at you, but it's most effective moments of terror came when they they put you in those cramped corridors with with noises buzzing all around you. You expected something to jump at you but it never did. And that just upped the players level of tension.
Yeah old school Resi Evil type corridors are still the best for horror games, but i'll give them credit that the new blizzard sections where you can hear the monsters but can't see shit till their 1 meter away from you is pretty scary.

Wilbur

Banned

Yeah, serves him right I suppose. Watch him get loaned to some Serie B side for the next 5 years.

Sure it's going to be more action than horror which pisses me off more than a girl with sand trapped in her vagina

Because she's unavailable for selection?

Hahahaha

I can't help but think United could have handled Pogba better so I don't entirely blame him for wanting to leave...but to Juve? Surely other clubs were interested and would have suited him better. Ah well.

All this FM talk is making me wanna get back into it. Must. Resist.

elseanio

"LIVERPOOL FC are set to appoint Dave Fallows as head of scouting and recruitment as part of a double swoop on Manchester City.

Fallows will leave his role as first team scouting and recruitment co-ordinator with the Premier League champions to start work at Anfield.

The former Bolton Wanderers performance analyst will be joined by Barry Hunter, who will also quit City to be part of the new scouting set-up under manager Brendan Rodgers.

Since 2008 Hunter has been City’s chief scout for Italy, Switzerland and Russia."

Makes sense, since City don't really need scouts anymore

Meier

If they outright turn you down, you're usually at 40% of his valuation. Once you get closer to 50-60%, they'll then say an amount and you can try and start meeting them in between.

0,,10265~10951699,00.jpg

New Villa kit. I love the home kit, way better than last season. Except for the lame socks. Not sold on the new Norwich looking away kit (last years was better) but I guess Lambert wants to feel at home 8)

Shoot. I thought I posted this last night. Must of been in a different forum. I personally love the away kit. But I'm absolutely buying the home because it is better than any of the Nike ones. I'm getting ready to buy, but I can't decide if I should get 19 on the back for Stan. Thought rodvik, Wes, footyGAF?

Also, Holman is incredibly handsome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom