• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the spoke French in Belgium?

North half speak Flemish, which is very similar to Dutch. South half speak French thus a lot of political tensions between both sides.

Belgian commentators full of praise for Carroll : "He looks so elegant when he gets the ball in his feet, he's not just a tall guy! Wish we had someone like that in our national team!"

Clegg

Carroll has been fantastic so far. Come at me LS.

untitled-7s0xsf.gif

GorillaJu

Welbeck will become a very good player. Milner, Young, Parker; all passengers.

England is short on players with any sort of flair or creativity and I'm afraid to say Young is about the best we've got aside from Gerrard (though we have good fullbacks as well). When Rooney comes in there'll be less reliance on Young, but I wouldn't put him in the same category as Milner and Parker.

severin

England is short on players with any sort of flair or creativity and I'm afraid to say Young is about the best we've got aside from Gerrard (though we have good fullbacks as well). When Rooney comes in there'll be less reliance on Young, but I wouldn't put him in the same category as Milner and Parker.

For me, he's just the prototypical English wide midfielder these days. Pacy, hardworking, with sparks of class, but ultimately, no end product, no consistency, and no balls. As you say, thank god for England's fullbacks, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom