• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
France are appalling. Luckily for them, Mexes picked up a second yellow so Koscielny has to start the quarterfinal. Not so lucky... facing Spain.

Well there we go. Not pretty but we've won the group which is more than I expected at the start of the tourney. No team looks invincible, the only team I'd really not want to play at this point is Germany.

One thing England have this time which we haven't for a long time is luck.

bjaelke

CHAMPIONS OF THE WOOOOOOOOOORLD

1oFtz.gif

Bumhead

Banned
The Parker one wasn't even handball, he was protecting his head.

England winning the group is a massive achievement in fairness.

They've done well. They've exceeded expectations and they've topped a group containing the hosts, an outside favourite and a team they've never beaten in a Championship before.

And they've done it professionally. England have qualified by being effecient, something we all used to praise the Germans for being for years.

danwarb

Gerrard had the most tackles, accurate passes and key passes for England, Terry most interceptions and shots blocked. It's between those 2 for MotM I think.

Not great but job done.

K1LLER7

England done very well to get through and on top of the table. Got a couple of injuries to big players but still fought well.

Good interview from Gerrard

elseanio

Thursday 21st
Czech Rep. v Portugal

Friday 22nd
Germany v Greece

Saturday 23rd June
Spain v France

Sunday 24th
England v Italy

------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday 27th
Czech/Portugal v Spain/France

Thursday 28th
Geramny/Greece v England/Italy

Lightning

Banned
Shocking result for France. A match against Spain would have been the last thing they would have wanted...

Oh well, sooner their knocked out the better for arsenal so go Spain!!!!

Meier

Question for anyone playing the Euro McDonald's fantasy game that has encountered this before:

The rules regarding captaincy are a little confusing -- it says I can switch my captain using a manager substitution. Does this mean I'd have to completely remove the player from my Starting 11 to remove his captain's bonus and put it on someone else? Or could I just change it and he'd only lose his double points bonus?

Thanks!

Empty

So then, Welbeck or Carroll against Italy?

Milner or Walcott? (aka rock or hard place)

Best England player so far?

caroll probably merits it a bit more as welbz was so anonymous today but i'd rather use a pace attack against italy.

walcott. i can't watch anymore of milner on the wing jesus

gerrard has been vital in all our results and has put in some of his most disciplined performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom