• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

I would rather castrate myself with a rusty spoon than watch Dream Team.

Renford Rejects was great. Geoffrey was in it.

He looked old :(

Deadwood 2, FNL 2, Mad Men 12 (walrus concurring MM is better than everything else)

jtb

Banned
Seen Homeland very recently, enjoyed it a lot.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfers-sunderland-want-louis-saha-902417

Saha to SAFC? 33, injury prone and will be on massive wages. No thanks. Alan Nixon article so 99% chance of being bullshit, thankfully.

-

2-2. One to go.

someone will pick a different show

of those two, FNL is good, Deadwood is better.

Well let me tell you the truth then. Mad men>>>everythign else.

Breaking bad and six feet under are well worth checking out too though.

oooh this too.

Hixx

FNL it is. Now hopefully its on Bluray in the UK

edit: oh wow even finding it on DVD it's going to have to be import. :(

Deadwood and Mad Men are relatively cheap so it's between them...

fuenf

Unfortunately the series is only available on DVD. :(

edit: regarding the BluRay's, no idea about Netflix or the situation in the UK. ;)

Hixx

It's on Netflix :p

(I think.)

Lovefilm peasant here. Debating the switch tho, I never have time to play the games they send me.

Unfortunately the series is only available on DVD. :(

edit: regarding the BluRay's, no idea about Netflix or the situation in the UK. ;)

All region 1 imports for FNL on DVD and its from places like eBay and the Play/Amazon marketplaces which I'm not keen on :/

Will watch it if I get Netflix tho.

Well I started Deadwood tonight so :p

Also, why don't you guys like American football? I don't really care but it seems silly to me to cast out a sport because it shares a name with another sport

Wilbur

Banned

Also, why don't you guys like American football? I don't really care but it seems silly to me to cast out a sport because it shares a name with another sport

Deadwood is fucking incredible.

And to answer your second question I don't watch a lot of sports I don't understand haha. Rugby, American football, cricket...

I've never watched it :p but you're right, I think it's silly to dismiss the sport. Other than that, it's played by fat, annoying and loud Americans :p :p :p

fuenf

I love American Football, it's a bit hard to follow here in Germany but i watched at least 10 of the last 12 or 13 Super Bowls. After watching the Rams - Titans Super Bowl in 99 (?) i started following the Titans but it isnt really that much fun to follow a small market team. Over the years i started to adopt the Giants as my second team (became a fan of Eli after the 2004 draft) but most of the time i'm simply rooting for a good game!

Hixx

Don't hate it, just bores me.

FNL is in Sky Go, £1.50 an ep tho, to rent! Got Mad Men included with my package tho, stuck that on.

FootballFan

Because I am FootballFan. :p

I don't hate American Football, just doesn't seem very interesting to me. Watching the superbowl and seeing 3 seconds of play(literally) then cutting to a break or time-out I find is just ridiculous. It's mostly replays, cheerleaders, statistics, standing and commercials, those 3 seconds of action in between aren't nearly good enough to bother with all of that (imo).

Well only watched a full match like a couple of times, but been bored to death every time. Doesn't help that it's usually played in the middle of the night here.

Nevasleep

I love American Football, it's a bit hard to follow here in Germany but i watched at least 10 of the last 12 or 13 Super Bowls. After watching the Rams - Titans Super Bowl in 99 (?) i started following the Titans but it isnt really that much fun to follow a small market team. Over the years i started to adopt the Giants as my second team (became a fan of Eli after the 2004 draft) but most of the time i'm simply rooting for a good game!
Same here, ended up following the Patriots. Coverage is pretty good in the UK, even 'free to air' for one match a week.
I like the spectacle of it, along with some of the great passes and runs.

Also:
Brighton have signed former Manchester United goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak on a two-year deal. The 30-year-old former Poland international made more than 50 appearances for the Reds following his move from West Brom in 2007. But with a succession of goalkeepers including Edwin van der Sar and David de Gea keeping Kuszczak out of the team, he became increasingly frustrated with life at Old Trafford. He enjoyed a spell on loan with npower Championship side Watford last season, and following his release by the Barclays Premier League runners-up, he will continue to play in the second tier with Gus Poyet's Seagulls. The Uruguyan manager told the club's official website: "There were clubs in England and abroad interested in Tomasz, but it says a lot for the ambition of this club that he wanted to sign for Brighton. "We had been tracking his progress for some time and he will provide real competition to both Casper Ankergren and Peter Brezovan for the goalkeeper's jersey this coming season. That can only be a good thing for the team moving forward."

Read more at: http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...goalkeeper-tomasz-kuszczak-signs-for-brighton

Scum

Wotcha, lads.
Congrats to Roy. StokEngland lives to fight another day! I still believe a team will get lucky against Spain, but I still have Germany as favs. :)

Hmmm...don't mind him. Would have liked Moyes, to be honest. But let's see how it goes...

Oh, and a take a bow, Zlatan. Great stuff. :O

untitled-5s4xwu.gif

* Thanks to Sunli, of course. :D *

Arnie

Hixx, as a connoisseur of television I'd advise you to watch Mad Men; it's a fucking sublime show, up there with the likes of The Wire and the Sopranos. As an aside, once you're done with that, watch Friday Night Lights. Sure, it's cheesy, and yes, it's about American Football, but it's a really well made show with highly likeable characters and an emotionally stirring plot.

I've just come in from dancing on a table in a club, singing England songs and as a result 'arrivederci it's one on one', whilst wrapped in the flag of St George. I also tweeted Jeff in the club. Strange, strange night. Happy we're through. Gerrard put in yet another captains performance; honestly if Pirlo hadn't been so breathtaking I would've tipped Gerrard for player of the tournament so far.

Wes

venison crêpe
The Greece - England semi-final will be talked about for decades to come in how it changed the tactical thought of a generation.

Hixx, as a connoisseur of television I'd advise you to watch Mad Men; it's a fucking sublime show, up there with the likes of The Wire and the Sopranos. As an aside, once you're done with that, watch Friday Night Lights. Sure, it's cheesy, and yes, it's about American Football, but it's a really well made show with highly likeable characters and an emotionally stirring plot.

I've just come in from dancing on a table in a club, singing England songs and as a result 'arrivederci it's one on one', whilst wrapped in the flag of St George. I also tweeted Jeff in the club. Strange, strange night. Happy we're through. Gerrard put in yet another captains performance; honestly if Pirlo hadn't been so breathtaking I would've tipped Gerrard for player of the tournament so far.

You've been to a club? Your grammar is far to clean, get back out there and only come back when you're sufficiently drunk enough to make a tit out of yourself!

Lightning

Banned
Very happy if AVB joins Spurs. He's a very good manager who encourages attractive style football. He is a manager who can take a club forward.

Arnie

You've been to a club? Your grammar is far to clean, get back out there and only come back when you're sufficiently drunk enough to make a tit out of yourself!

Nah, I'm not one of those who gets ridiculously incoherent after a drink, and the room's spinning slightly now, to put things into perspective. Just continued drinking after the match with my mates and we got a taxi into town to hit a few pubs. Ended up getting free entry into a club that included a shot with the first drink. England tunes started pumping out so we joined in the chorus. There was a transexual on the dancefloor, which was quite a tragic site; people kept moving away from her and just generally laughing in her direction, but she laughed it off and continued to dance.

Haha, just seen the Rooney interview on the beeb where he said he'd used Carroll's hair product before the game.

Very happy if AVB joins Spurs. He's a very good manager who encourages attractive style football. He is a manager who can take a club forward.
I'm sure you're very happy if AVB joins Spurs. I've gone from being a staunch believer pre-Chelsea, to now needing convincing once again from the man considered the next 'special one'.

I'm sure you're very happy if AVB joins Spurs. I've gone from being a staunch believer pre-Chelsea, to now needing convincing once again from the man considered the next 'special one'.

To be fair, he did say himself he was "the shit one". I think he fully lived up to it.

Kem0sabe

Are you new here? We talk about music, tv, movies, women and jaws. Not much football. Go to the euro 2012 thread for that.

That´s just plain racist...

But ill oblige and take you upon your offer to talk about Jaws, i´m somewhat of an expert on the topic and i live in a shark infested island (they don´t actually infest the island proper being fish and all)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom