• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
How is Dowd still refereeing? The mandatory retirement age is 45.

From FIFA yes.

but you can get special dispensation from the FA to continue to referee. He keeps getting that.

And yes, that does stop young blokes getting through. Dowd is a pretty good ref generally.

But maybe his PL time is over and he can do the championship.

Just a question, what do you guys think of Mike Dean?

PaulLFC

Damn, missed the training session with work.

I think the people who want England to play like Stoke might get their way.

Roy's banging on '4 touches then the 5th must go forward. I'm not interested in seeing how long you can play it along the back 4. Get it forward, we can flick it on, maybe Gerrard and ??? can push up and help'
This doesn't surprise me one bit. The horrible football he wants to play was probably the reason he hated Agger and wanted to sell him when he was here - because he's a defender who's actually decent with the ball at his feet.

LegoArmo

From FIFA yes.

but you can get special dispensation from the FA to continue to referee. He keeps getting that.

And yes, that does stop young blokes getting through. Dowd is a pretty good ref generally.

But maybe his PL time is over and he can do the championship.

Just a question, what do you guys think of Mike Dean?

I don't hate him, which I think is a big compliment. More, I don't notice him that often.

56SHC.jpg

GorillaJu

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2012/...er&utm_campaign=liverpool-fc-oh-the-hypocrisy

The Anfield Wrap once again comes through with a good article - pointing out the absolute lunacy that is going on in Liverpool fan circles right now. I've removed 3 or 4 people I used to follow on Twitter recently because I couldn't take the amount of negative shit being spewed about the owners, and how we're giving up the "Liverpool Way."

FSG find new ways to create revenue streams, nearly triple the value of our kit deal, expose potential fans in the US to the sport through a documentary series, and have us in the top 4 for revenue despite three seasons finishing mid-table. Stupid American bastards! Who gives a fuck about money, we have tradition!

Ugh. It's awful. Thank God we don't have any like that on here.

This doesn't surprise me one bit. The horrible football he wants to play was probably the reason he hated Agger and wanted to sell him when he was here - because he's a defender who's actually decent with the ball at his feet.

Seen it written that Skrtel, Agger and Reina didn't get along with Kenny too well, either. Probably just them feeling like the results should be better considering how good they've been defensively.

Got my tickets today for the game against Brazil this Saturday. Still find it a bit odd that Brazil refuses to play on Danish soil.

Why won't they play on Danish soil? Also, you'll be happy to know I won a game with Brøndby in FIFA last night. Michael Krohn-Dehli scored a beautiful late diving header for the win on a counter-attack. Fuck they're slow in FIFA though!

Oh, and I would have tried a match as København, but they were 3.5-stars and I didn't want to risk the match-making system giving me Napoli or something in Ranked H2H.

It would bother me knowing its fake even if no one else did. But as we all know I am a crazy collector. lol.

I'll never buy a Aston Villa knock-off, but otherwise it's fair game.

elseanio

Got my Team GB @ Old Trafford tickets. Sat in Block E332, row 11. Hope it's a comfy chair since I'm gonna be there for 2 games :/

Manager

Getting real sick of Hazard. The Lebron James of football, I'm just waiting on the live conference of him picking club to be announced.

choodi

Banned

Seriously, what the fuck are all these people doing at your training session?

Reminds me of Rocky 3 where Rocky is training for the first fight with Clubber Lang with balloons and tv crews and all sorts of distractions around.

Meanwhile, Clubber was training hard in a dingy gym with no distractions.

No wonder the players have an inflated sense of ego

Manager: I wouldn't compare him to LeBron. LeBron ripped the hearts out of a million people when he left the team, and he didn't even have the decency to tell us first, but rather chose to announce on national television that he is the biggest pussy alive and wanted to play in Miami. "Taking my talents to South Beach" means to take a massive shit in Cleveland.

Reminds me of Rocky 3 where Rocky is training for the first fight with Clubber Lang with balloons and tv crews and all sorts of distractions around.

Don't you mean Rocky 4? When Ivan Drago is training with a million people around him, and Rocky Balboa is traingin in the Russian wilderness which included a rundown barn?

Manager

I wouldn't compare him to LeBron. LeBron ripped the hearts out of a million people when he left the team, and he didn't even have the decency to tell us first, but rather chose to announce on national television that he is the biggest pussy alive and wanted to play in Miami. "Taking my talents to South Beach" means to take a massive shit in Cleveland.

Yeah it's not gonna be as big as NBA is everything in basketball and America, while in comparison a lot of people outside of France don't really know much about Hazard. But it's the most extreme I've seen in football, at least in the last couple of years.

panty

DID YOU KNOW: Real Madrid have one of the most efficient attacking trios in football history! Cristiano Ronaldo, Karim Benzema and Higuain tally 118 goals between them!

DID YOU KNOW

DID YOU KNOW

379215_10150223771474953_19034719952_1664306_758462828_n.jpg

Yeah it's not gonna be as big as NBA is everything in basketball and America, while in comparison a lot of people outside of France don't really know much about Hazard. But it's the most extreme I've seen in football, at least in the last couple of years.

I'm just saying that the way James acted beyond the spectacle, the disconnect he had with the fans and town her grew up in was sad, pathetic and vile. No one deserves to be compared to that man.

Oh, and through my wikiwebbing, I found that Evian Thonon Gaillard (just placed 9th in their first season in Ligue 1) play here:

in the gorgeous town of Annecy, on the border of Switzerland after being rejected from playing their home games in Geneva at this stadium:

EDIT:

Nah, he's on it - it's Rocky 3. Stallone loves his dichotomous montages whatever the weather.

Hmm..I guess that is a wonderful reverse in Rocky 4 that I never realized. Three might be the one I've seen the least after the one that doesn't exist (Rocky 5). I grew up watching Rocky, Rocky II, and Rocky 4 over and over.

Yeah, it's a shame. FFF and UEFA didn't allow it but I would have loved to take the car to Geneva to see Marseille or Lille.

Or Evian Thonon Gaillard! I love their kit:

0PEyK.jpg

I can't find anywhere to buy it accept their website (in French) and I don't think they'll ship to the states.

operon

Roberto Martinez given Liverpool deadline by Wigan​

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan is planning to set a deadline for Roberto Martinez to decide whether he will stay as boss.

Martinez has been given permission to speak with Liverpool about the vacant managerial position at Anfield.

The Spaniard has also been linked with taking over at Aston Villa, the club he turned down last year.

"Roberto will be in Barbados until next Tuesday, and I will then set a seven-day deadline by which time I will expect a decision," said Whelan
"I appreciate everyone is in limbo at the moment and there will come a time soon when we'll need an answer one way or the other.

"It is dragging on a bit but I only care about one thing - that is the future of Wigan Athletic. Nothing else matters.

"It's important we sort this out properly, one way or the other, so we can move forward in preparation for the new season."

Liverpool are yet to formally begin the interview process for their managerial vacancy, created when Kenny Dalglish was sacked on 16 May.

Whelan remains hopeful that Martinez will stay with the Latics, adding in the Wigan Evening Post: "I must stress that I am by no means resigned to losing Roberto to Liverpool or any other club.

"It is not a foregone conclusion. Not at all. Hand on heart, I still believe Roberto will be here next season."
source: BBC News

Choc

Banned
seriously

its things like that which remind me despite the bullshit of football, and FIFA, and Eden Hazard

its a beautiful game. amazing

dc89

Haha I know. There will be TV crews and photographers there and then Journo's etc.

It is a bit silly. The training camps abroad always turn in to a media circus too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom