• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

ibdiWTpxonwHfM.gif

Terry looks a little like Kevin Spacey here.

K1LLER7

So is pedro going to the Euros? Hope he is and Glad that he's being played today. underrated IMO.

On the Euro's, Think Spain will do it again, they'll probably play the barca midfield or maybe throw alonso in there. Pedro on one wing and Muniain/silva on the other. They could use Torres or Llorente up top or even fabregas in a similar role to Messi at barca. The main worry will be at defence as always.

Wilbur

Banned
Hertha Berlin's appeal against the result of a relegation playoff was rejected by the German soccer association's (DFB) top tribunal on Friday ending a weeks-long court battle over a troubled second leg against Fortuna Duesseldorf.

The tribunal upheld a May 21 court decision that ruled there was no reason to replay the second leg that saw Fortuna triumph 4-3 on aggregate to gain promotion to the Bundesliga, sending the Berlin club down for the second time in three seasons.

FootballFan

So is pedro going to the Euros? Hope he is and Glad that he's being played today. underrated IMO.

On the Euro's, Think Spain will do it again, they'll probably play the barca midfield or maybe throw alonso in there. Pedro on one wing and Muniain/silva on the other. They could use Torres or Llorente up top or even fabregas in a similar role to Messi at barca. The main worry will be at defence as always.

Sadly I don't think Pedro is going to the Euros. :(

He definitely deserves more playing time for us. Pep using Cuenca against Chelsea then subbing him off for Tello was one of the bigger mistakes he has made. Pedro as bad as people may say he is, always scores important goals for us.

Btw I want Afellay to come on !

rififi

I hate summer.

What happened to that huge picture of the little girl crying?

Oh, and Llorente is out, subbed off.

Holy crap that Messi dribble before was crazy. I missed it but just saw the replay. Wow what a goal it would have been.

I don't know how he manages to stay standing and keep all his momentum - you see bodies flying and falling all over the place behind his trail, and yet he just keeps going.

Meier

Another surefire goal by Bilbao that wasn't. Yikes!

Llorente probably didnt do himself any favors in the transfer window by not playing particularly well in this match or the one against Atletico.

Clegg

Alexis Sanchez is a very good player but I don't think he looks comfortable playing the way Barca want him to.

He was better with Udinese imo.

FootballFan

oops double post

Alexis Sanchez is a very good player but I don't think he looks comfortable playing the way Barca want him to.

He was better with Udinese imo.

Really ? :eek:

I think he has been great, probably our best signing in recent seasons, up there with the purchase of Alves or Villa.

Works extremely hard and makes great runs, has scored 15 goals I think too, which is really good considering his injuries and role.

Wessiej

Dutch commentator is awesome again.

''I hope Atlethic can do something in the second half, or when they don't lets hope for a fight''

M'Vila: I don't know where I'll be playing next season.

Sky say that City and Inter are now strongly linked.

Oh fucking hell we've got another Hazard on our hands. I hate this early part of the transfer window. Just give me some deadline day madness and I'm set.

elsk

Banned
I don't hate the stupidness of people saying that Bielsa failed because he didn't won the EL/Copa del Rey. Have you seen the squad the guys has? now compare to Barcelona and Atlético Madrid. I prefer my team to lose fighting, like Bielsa did.

rififi

Congrats to Barca . . . again. Fully deserved. Nice send off for Pep.

Now I have to be put through the stress of 2 extra Clasicos next season with the Supercopa.

Sappy113

Pep has been nothing but class. Shame to see him leave now, but at the same time, heaps of respect for knowing when to bow out with your health and dignity intact. /bow.

It's an interview he had.

And again, the horrible crappy press in England out their own spin in it. If you know Spanish, you'll understand better what he said. But then again like I said, crappy country with their crappy press putting a crappy spin. England is great for a laugh, jester country is full of jesters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EnjkeIhCUDQ#

Salvadora

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
players look like they don't give a fuck, more interested in this being a ticket for a clasico in august.

But they denigrated Suarez. So it's clearly part of an agenda. Guy's a saint.

I never said he was a saint. My hatred for this country has nothing to fucking do with Suarez.

Now where have I heard this before...

I don't care what you say but this country is a fucking piece of shit. I've lived and worked in different countries and this is the worst one I've ever lived and worked in. Horrible fucking horrible shit hole and I can't wait to live this shitty place. Just waiting for my visa to get approved.

I think I've had enough of this shit hole after what happened a couple of weeks ago.

Salvadora

I don't care what you say but this country is a fucking piece of shit. I've lived and worked in different countries and this is the worst one I've ever lived and worked in. Horrible fucking horrible shit hole and I can't wait to live this shitty place. Just waiting for my visa to get approved.

I can't believe we are still getting meltdowns over Suarez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom