• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Phoenix Fang..

rQheU.gif

Please stop.

dc89

Oh fucking hell we've got another Hazard on our hands. I hate this early part of the transfer window. Just give me some deadline day madness and I'm set.

City are linked with nearly every talented player, I'm not worried.

:(

Arsene Wenger has been tracking M'Vila but has been forced to come up with a plan B due to confirmed interest from big-spending Manchester City.

From Daily Mail who are basing their story on a story in The Sun. Eurgh.

Also Dzeko seems to want to stay at City.

"No it's not worrying me because I think I've shown that I can play at Man City and that I deserve to play. I've scored some very important goals.

"I'm still at Manchester City. For Man City I'm not thinking about my future. I'm just thinking about the games against Ireland and Mexico.

"The coach decides who plays and I respect that. I always tried to do my best all season, even when I didn't play.

"At the end I scored a goal, maybe one of the most important goals in City's history, and I'm so proud of that."

Sky Sports

elseanio

Fuck off dude. Like I said it has nothing to do with Suarez.

Haha, chill out. Suarez obviously aint arsed by the bad press, so don't get wound up over it.

Edit* Ok, didn't read all your posts properly. I now realise you're peeved over personal problems, not Suarez. Hope things get better!

Wilbur

Banned
I don't care what you say but this country is a fucking piece of shit. I've lived and worked in different countries and this is the worst one I've ever lived and worked in. Horrible fucking horrible shit hole and I can't wait to live this shitty place. Just waiting for my visa to get approved.

I think I've had enough of this shit hole after what happened a couple of weeks ago.

I don't think it's a very good country as well. I've lived here all my life and it's getting progressively worse.

The Guardian does not make me feel like this however.

Lightning

Banned
I don't care what you say but this country is a fucking piece of shit. I've lived and worked in different countries and this is the worst one I've ever lived and worked in. Horrible fucking horrible shit hole and I can't wait to live this shitty place. Just waiting for my visa to get approved.

I think I've had enough of this shit hole after what happened a couple of weeks ago.
What the hell.... There are far worse places in the world.

But what happened a couple of weeks ago?

Razor554

di-CNEA.jpg

:bow Guardiola :bow.

This Copa victory also means that Tito's first official match as an head coach will probably be against Real Madrid in Super Copa.

Arnie

If I'm going to buy one I'll grab The Times because of people like Tony Barrett and Tony Evans. Just a personal preference of mine, and our SU sells papers for 40p, so I pick one up most days out of habit.

rififi

di-CNEA.jpg

:bow Guardiola :bow.

This Copa victory also means that Tito's first official match as an head coach will probably be against Real Madrid in Super Copa.

What is that first trophy under Madrid? it doesn't look like the Copa del Rey nor the Supercopa (unless it is the broken version of the Copa after Sergio Ramos dropped it - lol).

Slight correction though, Guardiola started in 2008, which is the year Madrid won the Supercopa. So technically there should be 3 trophies under Madrid.

But compared to 14 for Barca, it doesn't really matter :(

What the hell.... There are far worse places in the world.

But what happened a couple of weeks ago?

A couple of weeks ago my wife and I went to Croydon for an appointment with her doctor because we had just found out she was pregnant. After parking the car, I went to the machine to buy a ticket for the parking bay. As I'm buying the ticket, a traffic warden pass me buy and said hello to me and I said hello back to him. At this time my wife was out the car and she was waiting for me to bring the ticket to her. She noticed that the traffic warden went and stood up against a wall opposite where we parked. She said she didn't pay it no mind because at that time it was raining and she thought he was stopping there because he wanted to get out of the rain.

Anyway I gave her the ticket and she put it on the dashboard and we left for the appointment. We come back now only to find that we got a ticket for parking 3 inches into another bay. When we looked the line was very faint and my wife said she couldn't see it because of where she was standing.

What pissed em off even more is that fucking dickhead stood there and couldn't even fucking tell us that we were parked over the line. That fucking idiot walked by me and said hello and stood there and watched me buy a ticket, put there to display and waited for us to leave and give us a ticket. I was fucking fuming and went around looking for him.

We paid for the parking ticket but my wife sent the council an email. She said although we accepted that we were in the wrong, we don't think it's fair that the asshole stood there and waited for us to leave in order to give us a ticket.

We received a posted letter from the council today basically telling us "Tough, shit happens, deal with it".

And that's just one.

Anyway I told my wife I don't want my baby being born in this country and that we are leaving.

vall03

well, really expected a Barcelona win. Anyway, Im surprised when I saw Afellay on the sub list. Isn't he supposed to have a long-term injury?

Arnie

Bob Dylan's alright, but he's not got a patch on Bright Eyes.

Which reminds me, when I was at Glastonbury the weather was slightly drizzly and the Guardian were giving out free ponchos. Now the best thing about this was I could keep drinking all throughout the day and not have to leave the music area to go to the toilet, as I had the poncho to conceal me pissing down onto the already moist floor.

/blatant deflection from yet another monotonous Suarez argument

immy

Banned
A couple of weeks ago my wife and I went to Croydon for an appointment with her doctor because we had just found out she was pregnant. After parking the car, I went to the machine to buy a ticket for the parking bay. As I'm buying the ticket, a traffic warden pass me buy and said hello to me and I said hello back to him. At this time my wife was out the car and she was waiting for me to bring the ticket to her. She noticed that the traffic warden went and stood up against a wall opposite where we parked. She said she didn't pay it no mind because at that time it was raining and she thought he was stopping there because he wanted to get out of the rain.

Anyway I gave her the ticket and she put it on the dashboard and we left for the appointment. We come back now only to find that we got a ticket for parking 3 inches into another bay. When we looked the line was very faint and my wife said she couldn't see it because of where she was standing.

What pissed em off even more is that fucking dickhead stood there and couldn't even fucking tell us that we were parked over the line. That fucking idiot walked by me and said hello and stood there and watched me buy a ticket, put there to display and waited for us to leave and give us a ticket. I was fucking fuming and went around looking for him.

We paid for the parking ticket but my wife sent the council an email. She said although we accepted that we were in the wrong, we don't think it's fair that the asshole stood there and waited for us to leave in order to give us a ticket.

We received a posted letter from the council today basically telling us "Tough, shit happens, deal with it".

And that's just one.

Anyway I told my wife I don't want my baby being born in this country and that we are leaving.

Fucking lol you live in croydon. Could you have choose anywhere worse .

There will be the equivalent of croydon in all countrys, the trick is to never go there.

Seriously fucking croydon.

Wilbur

Banned

Your first mistake is going to Croydon. But that sucks. If it was me, I wouldn't pay it. I'd keep letting them send me letters and then court orders and this and that or whatever until they gave up.

But yeah, get your baby the fuck out of dodge. Congrats btw

Bob Dylan's alright, but he's not got a patch on Bright Eyes.

Bright Eyes are brilliant, but they're not a patch on Bob Dylan.

Wilbur

Banned

There will be the equivalent of croydon in all countrys, the trick is to never go there.

I work in Croydon, to be fair the town centre's alright.

Lightning

Banned

And that's just one.

WOW. That is unbelieveable. What a fucking wanking warden that is... Way to be a complete asshole but yeah it's really hard to get any joy out of councils in matters such as this but they could have at least acknowledged their warden was a little immoral with that shit. Can't blame you for being irate, that would have inhuriated me. No need for that sort of crap, life is hard enough.

Are Barca the best team in the world? I'd like to hear opinions on both sides to this
I don't know much about South American clubs but imo they are definitely the best European club. They have the best players, play the best football, and despite this disappointing season have an outstanding record to prove it.

Wilbur

Banned
I've been in so many arguments with traffic wardens on my mum's and friend's accounts its unreal. Ripped up tickets in front of them and been threatened with something or other. But they come up with the most bullshit things.

We used to live in Balham, but it was the same thing also. We got a ticket once in Balham because our car permit was over due because we didn't get it in time. When we dispute it, they told us that it was our fault for renewing it late. We sent the renewal three damn weeks in advance.

And that's just one.

Have you considered just moving outside the city to somewhere more...palatable?

immy

Banned
We used to live in Balham, but it was the same thing also. We got a ticket once in Balham because our car permit was over due because we didn't get it in time. When we dispute it, they told us that it was our fault for renewing it late. We sent the renewal three damn weeks in advance.

Dude get the fuck out of London. It's shit, especially if you have kids.

Unless your loaded

Wilbur

Banned
Dude get the fuck out of London. It's shit, especially if you have kids.

Unless your loaded

Where in London are you talking? Central London or Croydon way London? Because I live by the latter obviously. It's not shit where I am. You're generalising a little.

And that's just one.

Traffic warden sounds a right John Terry. If the line was faint though why didn't you take a picture as evidence?

Who knew that Croydon was the epicentre of Football GAF.

We should organise a FootballGAF kick-about. It would be fun, assuming Wilbury doesn't rape and murder us all whilst his brother shits his pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom