• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxx

Any more season goalscoring records for Messi to break, or is he just going to be padding his lead if he scores?

Watching the "talented" Belgium team dominated at home by Montenegro, wish we had some hardworking guys like Milner or Barry. Hazard is poor as usual even though he's got that infamous nr 10 role he wanted so badly. No idea why no one went for Dries Mertens yet, he's Hazard 2.0 without the ego and the price tag.

Hixx

Watching the "talented" Belgium team dominated at home by Montenegro, wish we had some hardworking guys like Milner or Barry. Hazard is poor as usual even though he's got that infamous nr 10 role he wanted so badly. No idea why no one went for Dries Mertens yet, he's Hazard 2.0 without the ego and the price tag.

Is Mignolet playing? How's he doing if so?

Also I got called Two Face earlier on, was bemused. Come in, sunburned right side face and right arm, pale self on the left. I look fucking ridiculous.

Salvadora

How is Vertonghen?

Meier

Wow, Montenegro is up on Belgium right now. Not sure why, but Kompany isn't playing apparently. I imagine he'll most certainly play against England?

Looks like Belgium just tied it up.

Is Mignolet playing? How's he doing if so?

Not playing today, Courtois is getting a game. Mignolet will play the bigger game against England at Wembley next week-end.

How is Vertonghen?

He's not doing too bad, one of his rare games as a CB for the national team since Kompany, Vermaelen and Van Buyten are out. Vertonghen is usually played as a crap RB or DM in Belgium squad.

Hah Hazard scored a pen, his 2nd goal in NT.

Brinbe

Hazard basically scores twice from the spot...
KuGsj.gif

Meier

He's injured. Calf injury, nothing too serious, he's uncertain against England.

Ah ha, didn't know that had flared up again.. he missed some time during the year due to it unfortunately. I wonder if he's just been playing through the pain the past few months. Wouldn't surprise me.

The Belgian team has so much potential yet they've never qualified for big competitions after 2002. What went wrong?

Potential is the key word, we used to qualify every single time for big tournaments thanks to a squad of "hardworking untalented" guys. We lost all our leaders once guys like Wilmots retired and no one stepped up.

Then a golden generation emerged 4-5 years ago and the rest is history. "We need more experience", "We were unlucky", "We deserved it more than the other teams", "We wasted too many chances". As usual, morale is high before qualifying for next WC starts and the squad will get a reality check after losing their first games against Croatia and Serbia.

Montenegro is a one man show. Unless Jojo is playing too?

Jovetic is injured, Mirko scored though yeah. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom