• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
What number you guys think Kagawa will take if both Hazard and Kagawa come to United? Seems like Hazard is guaranteed number 10. It'd be nice if Kagawa at least gets 23, but don't think Cleverly will give that number up.

Oh and agree with Tim. As much as I want him at United I won't stand for a player of Kagawa's magnitude to be relegated to being second-choice when he clearly deserves better. Would rather see him at Arsenal than see him being treated that way.
Hazard won't be getting the #10 shirt for United.

Didn't ask. But he wasn't a fan of Adam or Carroll ("why do we need someone that big?")

Lol I made up none of it. He was surprised I hate Utd so much. He says he doesn't like Chelsea and he thought all Liverpool fans are the same.
You should link to him that YouTube video of Andy Carroll in training.

GorillaJu

It would motivate Salazar as long as it was Llorente holding it.

Hazard actually has a legitimate choice to make:
City - chance of winning: highest chance of playing: lowest
Chelsea - chance of winning: decent chance of playing: decent
United - chance of winning: who cares? Chance of playing: meh

u0yO6.png

http://www.stadionwelt.de/sw_stadien/index.php?folder=sites&site=top30

Ratio of German teams in the top10 6/10 ~ 60%
Ratio of German teams in the top20 9/20 ~ 45%
Ratio of German teams in the top30 12/30 ~ 40%

maMdg.png

/edit
crap, some of the words were cut-off :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^It mostly depends on the size of the stadium.
-
All CoD's are bad games.

And Diablo 3 is just a zoomed out version of WoW. Fuck off Blizzard.

Amazing figures for Germany.

Not sure Atletico Madrid play in England though!

Yeah, I noticed some cut-off word too. Don't feel like correcting it though :p

/edit

-
All CoD's are bad games.

I agree with everything, but look at the Turkish, Russian & Italian stadiums. Great capacities, shitty averages.

/edit
Capacity utilization stats would be nice too.

dc89

-
All CoD's are bad games.

Yeah. I can't see why everyone is going mental over it. I can't get in to it personally.

GorillaJu

Yeah. I can't see why everyone is going mental over it. I can't get in to it personally.

It's okay. A solid 7/10 game. Nice environments, running around decimating demons and collecting their treasure is always fun.

Everything else: absolute shit. It really is zoomed out Wow with weaker enemies.

Salazar

I am excited about Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider.

With the proviso that I can't enter any Tomb Raider threads or I will die from all the stupid.

dc89

It's okay. A solid 7/10 game. Nice environments, running around decimating demons and collecting their treasure is always fun.

Everything else: absolute shit. It really is zoomed out Wow with weaker enemies.

Speaking of WoW. Do I do the unthinkable and dip back in?

GorillaJu

I am excited about Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider.

With the proviso that I can't enter any Tomb Raider threads or I will die from all the stupid.

Cautiously optimistic about Sleeping Dogs. I feel like the game will be a success if people go in with lowered expectations and let it grow by word of mouth a la Demon's Souls or Batman: AA

PaulLFC

Barca kits delayed until friday :( might not get it in time for holidays. :(
Same date the new Liverpool home kit is out, although hopefully I get it a day or two early for preordering. One guy got his delivered a couple of days after preorders started being taken due to some mix up.

Wilbur

Banned
Conversation with my new hair stylist:

Him: "what kind of wax do you want? A waxy kind like Italian soccer players.. Oh do you watch soccer?"

Me: "yeah. Actually that picture I showed you is a French soccer player (Cabaye)"

"ah newcastle. They finished above Chelsea didnt they. did you see the news about Kagawa?"

"yes. Hell be an embarrassment to Japan if he joins United. What team do you like?"

"Liverpool. Steven Gerrard's right leg is the best"

Yes!! My theory about Japanese people continues to be vindicated. Stay classy, Japanese reds.

Japanese people suck.

Carbonox

Conversation with my new hair stylist:

Him: "what kind of wax do you want? A waxy kind like Italian soccer players.. Oh do you watch soccer?"

Me: "yeah. Actually that picture I showed you is a French soccer player (Cabaye)"

"ah newcastle. They finished above Chelsea didnt they. did you see the news about Kagawa?"

"yes. Hell be an embarrassment to Japan if he joins United. What team do you like?"

"Liverpool. Steven Gerrard's right leg is the best"

Yes!! My theory about Japanese people continues to be vindicated. Stay classy, Japanese reds.

You wanted your hair like Cabaye? You're now my favourite person on GAF. Everyone should look like Cabaye.

j5ZQf.jpg

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
My Facebook today is nothing but people from home talking about the League 1 final and posting pictures as they arrive at Wembley.

Fuck being in Newcastle for exams right now, agh.

Arnie

I've got a shit load of work to complete in the next 36 hours and I've spent the morning reading ADWD outside in the sun. Will probably crack on with it during the playoff final later, although I expect progress to be minimal. Then we've got a barbecue, then I'll be donning my most pessimistic England hat.

Latest rumour is we're getting Asamoah by offering the rest of Pazienza, half of Luca Marrone, and the full season loan of Pogba. I like Asamoah and he's certainly young enough (only 2 years older the Marrone), but I don't like the idea of offering half of Marrone. I think he's very promising and he just needs to be given a chance to play like Marchisio did. Granted, it'll be difficult to get time like he did. I'm okay with loaning Pogba, though obviously I'd like to see him get his crack in Turin immediately.

Starting eleven against Brazil in 50 min time.

Sørensen

Wass, Kjær, Agger, Poulsen

Schøne, C. Poulsen, Eriksen, Zimling, Krohn-Dehli

Bendtner

Bumhead

Banned
My Facebook today is nothing but people from home talking about the League 1 final and posting pictures as they arrive at Wembley.

I just can't belive the Pigs haven't sold their allocation. They're a shambles.

Actually, why am I susprised? They got 21k for the semi-final at £13 a pop.

England - Norway and Spain - Serbia... Yeah that doesn't sound too bad, going to watch if anyone shows them here.

When without Kvist he is easily Denmark best defensive midfielder, as sad as that might sound it's true. Knowing that should make you English feel better about your national team.

Is Sandro playing for Brazil? That guy is going to be our Vieira, beast of a player.

Yup. A young brazillian team without too many big profiles. Excited to see Romulo purely because I have bought him in FM so many times.

Jefferson – Danilo, Thiago Silva, Juan, Marcelo – Sandro, Romulo – Oscar, Lucas Moura, Hulk – Leandro Damio

dc89

On my day off, I end up doing what I do at work... troubleshooting computers.

Damn brothers PC has packed in. Luckily I think one of the slots the RAM sits in has failed, cause I've just reseated it in other slots and it now boots! Fingers crossed.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
“The first game against England should be easy as they have no quality” Domenech

domenech.jpg

I think it has more to do with lower ticket prices in Germany and the fact that most stadiums were modernized for the 2006 world cup.

Also: Standing terraces.
And it's more family friendly!
Latest rumour is we're getting Asamoah by offering the rest of Pazienza, half of Luca Marrone, and the full season loan of Pogba. I like Asamoah and he's certainly young enough (only 2 years older the Marrone), but I don't like the idea of offering half of Marrone. I think he's very promising and he just needs to be given a chance to play like Marchisio did. Granted, it'll be difficult to get time like he did. I'm okay with loaning Pogba, though obviously I'd like to see him get his crack in Turin immediately.
I don't like it either. Is Conte even going to allow it? He clearly loves Marrone and refused to send him on loan last season. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom