• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

Thanks i'll add them to the list and look at them, but there's actually a lot of ambient light in my room so that is another concern.

I know about the LCD issues but at least they usually product related and not caused by misuse. I just came to the conclusion that there's just no perfect TV and all of them will have their strengths and weaknesses. So it's just an issue of what bothers me the most.

Well if there is a lot of light then an LCD may be the way to go :)

rodvik

So next week Rafa could become Villa manager and Martinez could become Liverpool manager.

I find this prospect pleasing and perplexing.

GorillaJu

So next week Rafa could become Villa manager and Martinez could become Liverpool manager.

I find this prospect pleasing and perplexing.

Both managers will do well with their respective clubs. I'm excited and couldn't really give a shit what other fans think if they're just looking for a stick to beat the owners with.

I can't wait to see the kind of football Louis Van Gaal and Roberto Martínez would have Andy Carroll and Steven Gerrard playing.

I imagine Luis Suarez would be about as good a fit as they come for a Van Gaal team or a Martínez team.

Though there are some people I'd like to see in a Liverpool shirt:
Luuk de Jong, Giuseppe Rossi, Shinji Kagawa, Gaston Ramirez, Moussa Dembele, Gylfi Sigurdsson, to name a few.

Feorax

I think what our strike force is missing is a Huntelaar type player. A prolific striker in his prime. Andy and Luis are fantastic, but we definitely need an alternative.

If we buy well and pick up a DM, a striker and a winger in this window (and don't do something stupid with Aquilani again) we should be set for a top 4 challenge.

FootballFan

Amazing player. It is crazy we have become used to seeing him do this.

Fingers crossed the new Barca coach will continue to get the best out of Messi.

Nah Messi will be fine imo. I am much more worried about Xavi. He has been getting injured a lot and even when he has played, he hasn't been as sharp as the usual Xavi. I hope he gets it sorted or else Cesc will have to play(don't get me wrong, Cesc is awesome, but he isn't Xavi).

Holy hell at The Journey! It's sublime to look at!

Edit: and to listen to.

I think it's called just Journey, not The Journey :p, unless you are talking about a different game?

I loved Journey, awesome game, short and expensive, but money well-spent :D

GorillaJu

I think what our strike force is missing is a Huntelaar type player. A prolific striker in his prime. Andy and Luis are fantastic, but we definitely need an alternative.

If we buy well and pick up a DM, a striker and a winger in this window (and don't do something stupid with Aquilani again) we should be set for a top 4 challenge.

Huntelaar would be alright. I'm just generally not too keen on players who do nothing but the final touch. Then again, that's pretty much the kind of player Torres and Fowler were.

I'd rather have the next Ian Rush, though. Or someone like Cavani (randymarshcoveredinjizz.jpg)

We'll if thats the case, YES PLEASE.

Real don't really need his services and I would love to have him on United, great player, injured every so often but still.

http://maxcdn.fooyoh.com/files/attach/images/1145/005/763/006/jq50ch.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I'd be very careful with that point, he may be like Kakà: when we sold him, Galliani waited for the right time, knowing that he'd be injured for a lot of months and he wouldn't get back to play like the old times.

Still, I think there's a higher chance of Milan selling Ibra or Thiago, Boateng would be sold for 15-20 million, nothing more.

Messi

For Abidal :)

timthumb.php

dc89

Nah Messi will be fine imo. I am much more worried about Xavi. He has been getting injured a lot and even when he has played, he hasn't been as sharp as the usual Xavi. I hope he gets it sorted or else Cesc will have to play(don't get me wrong, Cesc is awesome, but he isn't Xavi).

I think it's called just Journey, not The Journey :p, unless you are talking about a different game?

I loved Journey, awesome game, short and expensive, but money well-spent :D

Haha my bad!

If you do buy the full version I recommend playing through it all in one sitting, so much better that way.

I will seriously look into it.

For Abidal :)

timthumb.php

Such a nice touch.

dc89

A guy who I follow for reliable City news believes one deal at MCFC has been done for a player joining the club. He thinks it will be kept quiet for the meanwhile, just like when we signed Pantilimon, it was done in advance just not announced.

Salvadora

A guy who I follow for reliable City news believes one deal at MCFC has been done for a player joining the club. He thinks it will be kept quiet for the meanwhile, just like when we signed Pantilimon, it was done in advance just not announced.

Pantilimon is class, I'd love to see him get some time.

Stubo

The race for Hazard is over guys, no more posts about him.

Whoever this is, can Kagawa can sign now? Please?

Salazar

Did Carroll have another excellent training session yet?

He bathed well. Like a champ. Napped with aplomb. Ate like ten men.

Complementarily fucking absurd is stuff like this:

Alan Smith said:
Andy Carroll can succeed with England but only if his team-mates adapt to the Liverpool striker's strengths

They are much better in their positions than he is in his position. WHY THE FUCK CHANGE FOR HIS SAKE.

The idea of the rest of the team taking the blame if Andy Carroll sputters like the mid-table-at-best Big Man that he is - jesus fucking christ.

Mastadon

Banned
Did Carroll have another excellent training session yet?

He bathed well. Like a champ. Napped with aplomb. Ate like ten men.

Complementarily fucking absurd is stuff like this:

They are much better in their positions than he is in his position. WHY THE FUCK CHANGE FOR HIS SAKE.

The idea of the rest of the team taking the blame if Andy Carroll sputters like the mid-table-at-best Big Man that he is - jesus fucking christ.

All I know is "he was scintillating towards the end of the season."

Carroll for the golden boot.

Leave Andy alone!

T856o.jpg

Kyoufu

I'd be beheaded if I said this in front of England fans, but I'll be supporting France when the two play each other in the Euros.

GorillaJu

Conversation with my new hair stylist:

Him: "what kind of wax do you want? A waxy kind like Italian soccer players.. Oh do you watch soccer?"

Me: "yeah. Actually that picture I showed you is a French soccer player (Cabaye)"

"ah newcastle. They finished above Chelsea didnt they. did you see the news about Kagawa?"

"yes. Hell be an embarrassment to Japan if he joins United. What team do you like?"

"Liverpool. Steven Gerrard's right leg is the best"

Yes!! My theory about Japanese people continues to be vindicated. Stay classy, Japanese reds.

WJD

Him: "what kind of wax do you want? A waxy kind like Italian soccer players.. Oh do you watch soccer?"

Me: "yeah. Actually that picture I showed you is a French soccer player (Cabaye)"

"ah newcastle. They finished above Chelsea didnt they. did you see the news about Kagawa?"

"yes. Hell be an embarrassment to Japan if he joins United. What team do you like?"

Yes!! My theory about Japanese people continues to be vindicated. Stay classy, Japanese reds.

Damn. I wanted to visit Japan at some point in my life, too.

What does he think about Henderson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom