• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULK. lol Thomas Sørensen, so shit.

He has a point. That England squad looks very devoid of quality.

He does have a point, but I don't think the French team or anyone associated with it should start being arrogant now. Their meltdown at the world cup was legendary.

Zabojnik

Latest rumour is we're getting Asamoah by offering the rest of Pazienza, half of Luca Marrone, and the full season loan of Pogba. I like Asamoah and he's certainly young enough (only 2 years older the Marrone), but I don't like the idea of offering half of Marrone. I think he's very promising and he just needs to be given a chance to play like Marchisio did. Granted, it'll be difficult to get time like he did. I'm okay with loaning Pogba, though obviously I'd like to see him get his crack in Turin immediately.

I'm not sure how I feel about this either. We already did the same mistake by selling half of Immobile and Giovinco. Marrone shows real promise and Pogba ... I'm sorry, all this drama with ManU, only to ship him off to Udinese? Seems strange. I can understand that Marotta & co. aren't exactly dying to write a 17M€ check for Asamoah, who would begin the season as a luxury reserve for Marchisio / Vidal, but I still wouldn't sacrifice Marrone.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

POUUUUULSEN. He will fit right in when he comes home to Copenhagen.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
The only thing I have to look forward to today is Eurovision then the Scotland v USA friendly.

Think I'll go buy some AA batteries too. I'm running low.

This is the life.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This women's FA Cup final is great. It's gone to penalties between Birmingham and Chelsea.

Lol Denmark are shit

Anyway was supposed to be going to a BBQ today, so I'm on my way there and about 30 mins before I get there, he cancels it! No reason why, though he has done similar things before.. Annoying.

What time is England on btw?

I hope the Danes keep him in the starting 11 vs. Germany ;O

/edit
Oh crap, they're taking him off already :(

http://www.abload.de/img/hulk_1aougg.gif[/IMG

/edit2
Oh, I was about to post that with a subtitle along the lines of: "don't damage Chelsea goods" or something ;([/QUOTE]Found those utilization stats btw, end of previous page. You'll be very happy to see your dear friends are at the top.

Found those utilization stats btw, end of previous page. You'll be very happy to see your dear friends are at the top.

Ugh, you can't just post a table with Schalke on top of it. That defies laws of nature, lol

But it makes sense. We almost got relegated at some point during in that time frame and the team played like crap. But I guess 93% still ain't bad, hehe

thx

I think we're going to need 6 midfielders next year and I'm not quite sure Asamoah fits the bill, though I know he's quality, especially if we get both Pogba and Verratti (unless, of course, we loan back Verratti but that just means we'll have to sell Asamoah the year following). We can't have all these players languishing on our bench. And as much as I believe in depth, we must have faith that these players won't get injured. Yurt, I think you're right about Marrone. I think Conte will keep him around to play in the league alongside March/Vidal + Pirlo or Verratti/Pogba?.

Marchisio; Vidal; Pirlo; Marrone; Verratti; Pogba

Sorted.

I get why co-ownership is used, and why it can be valuable, but I don't think that it makes sense for us to put co-ownership deals for our really promising youngsters--your Marrones, Immobiles (argh!), Giandonatos, Sorensens, Branescus, Pasquatos. It just means that we'll needlessly spend money on purchasing them in full when their talent bites us in the ass. Imagine if we sold half of Marchisio? Oh god...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom