• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Believe! I dunno man Nani is class. Even on his bad days he brings something unique to any team imho.
If he was Consistant he'd be up there with the best of wingers but he's too inconsistant for me. On his day he can win a game on his own.

These BBC commentators need to realise the impact Coentrao is having in the Portugal team. Very similar to what Evra did with Ronaldo when he was at Man United

FootballFan

So guys what has been the most boring/worst match of these Euros ? I'd say that Portugal - Czech one is probably the most boring match I've watched this far(I did miss a few games though)

This is just a training top btw, not our kit. Still, nicer than the Umbro stuff.

isTAXT1PLD9T0.jpg

I like it. Should be your kit :p not just for training.

elsk

Banned
Magath already signed Václav Pilař? haha, Magath is an ass but he really knows hot to sign good players for cheap.

Arnie

Just had one of those games of Fifa when bullshit mode is activated and everything the opponent does is laced with luck and fortune, and everything you attempt is cruelly shite. Simple passes were being missed, players were randomly out of position and the opponent was lashing them in ridiculously from outside of the box. It's cack, and built into the game. At least the old PES karma systems were based around performance (person playing better gets luck), FIFA just randomly decides to hate you and go against you.

Linius

Just had one of those games of Fifa when bullshit mode is activated and everything the opponent does is laced with luck and fortune, and everything you attempt is cruelly shite. Simple passes were being missed, players were randomly out of position and the opponent was lashing them in ridiculously from outside of the box. It's cack, and built into the game. At least the old PES karma systems were based around performance (person playing better gets luck), FIFA just randomly decides to hate you and go against you.
Iknowthatfeelbro.jpg

Sometimes you're way better than the CPU and you manage to score two or three times. Then out of the blue CPU starts to play like the best team you ever saw and scores enough goals to make a tie. Despite that, I still play it almost everyday and I love it :p

Arnie

Iknowthatfeelbro.jpg

Sometimes you're way better than the CPU and you manage to score two or three times. Then out of the blue CPU starts to play like the best team you ever saw and scores enough goals to make a tie. Despite that, I still play it almost everyday and I love it :p

I've not played FIFA 12 agains the CPU once in about 100 hours of game time; I just don't find it entertaining. It's the online opposition that I'm talking about, head to head, and it usually occurs in division 2 and 1. And it's not the ability of the opponent, it's like an invisible fortune stat that's always tipped one way, arbitrarily.

Linius

I've not played FIFA 12 agains the CPU once in about 100 hours of game time; I just don't find it entertaining. It's the online opposition that I'm talking about, head to head, and it usually occurs in division 2 and 1. And it's not the ability of the opponent, it's like an invisible fortune stat that's always tipped one way, arbitrarily.
Can't say I've had that feeling online. Most of my lost matches were because of my own stupid mistakes or because the opponent was just way better than me. Can't say much about divisions because I'm still stuck with 11. Will buy 13 though :)

Arnie

Can't say I've had that feeling online. Most of my lost matches were because of my own stupid mistakes or because the opponent was just way better than me. Can't say much about divisions because I'm still stuck with 11. Will buy 13 though :)

I'm in 2, and these aren't even mistakes. I'm defending as best as possible against Cavani, his backs to goal, he's outside the box and he swivels and hits the most innocuous of precision shots that just so happens to sneak past Reina. It's cack, like I say.

Or I'll tackle him, knock him to the side, yet his player reacts quicker despite being tackled and has a weak shot at Reina which is subsequently parried out into the feet of Lavezzi with an open goal to tap in to.

Or he'll score a drive from 30 yards.

That Wednesday is proper nice.

Okay this picture is just too hilarious not to post:

J8raKl.jpg

There's the 19-year-old Australian Mustafa Amini (the red haired dude) who moved to Dortmund just one or two weeks ago. The first thing BVB does with him is send him to some nowhere place in Sweden with the second team. There really is nothing there and they even have to fish their own food. That poor fucking guy :D

lol, so great. This is probably the coldest he's ever been :D
Kinda weird for him to bond with the reserves since he's likely to train with the first team (with Langerak as his bud). But then he'll probably have to spend some time with them too now that they're in the third division. I really hope he'll turn out to be a Kagawa-esque dark horse.

kloppoykkdk.png

Linius

I'm in 2, and these aren't even mistakes. I'm defending as best as possible against Cavani, his backs to goal, he's outside the box and he swivels and hits the most innocuous of precision shots that just so happens to sneak past Reina. It's cack, like I say.

Or I'll tackle him, knock him to the side, yet his player reacts quicker despite being tackled and has a weak shot at Reina which is subsequently parried out into the feet of Lavezzi with an open goal to tap in to.

Or he'll score a drive from 30 yards.

That Wednesday is proper nice.
Yeah, that's really frustrating. The most of my online frustrations are the following:

- Players trying to take possesion of the ball near the side/end line after my opponent shot it that way. In stead of a throw in my way, my player decides to touch the ball with his breast or feet and work it over the line himself thereby giving the ball to my opponent. Can't seem to do anything about that.
- A long cross from my opponent is coming my way. Instead of running all the way up to the ball, my player tries to reach it with his foot while standing too far away thereby leaving the ball for the taking. Again, can't seem to do anything about it.
- An A-class striker like Ronaldo takes a ball in front of open goal (with his head or feet doesn't matter) and manages to work it over the goal.
- Sometimes when my opponent crosses the ball into the box his strikes heads it in while I wasn't even able to position my defender in front of him. His striker just bashes my defender out of the way like he wasn't even there.

That's what I can come up with now. Quite some frustrations :p

Arnie

Hmm might go bed and play Gravity Rush.

It's nearing the time where all the transfer nonsense for tomorrow comes to the fore. I can't go to bed now. Now's perhaps the only point in the day where I get to briefly immerse myself back in the world of club football, if just for a couple of hours.

Kyoufu

We put in a 12 million bid for Luuk De Jong apparently.

That leaves us with 10 million to spend if the deal goes through and Best goes to Rovers for 2 million.

Please sign Debuchy...

/shrine hump

Linius

That leaves us with 10 million to spend if the deal goes through and Best goes to Rovers for 2 million.

Please sign Debuchy...

/shrine hump
And please stop bidding on Anita. Okay, thanks!

Time to go to bed, watching some How I Met Your Mother.

Linius

Apparently Anita's agent says he fancies a move to Newcastle. Think he's headed over.

In the Dutch press the only word is that Newcastle has to pay at least 10 million euros to get him. Anita himself said that Norwhich is also interested. And since Paul Lambert went to Villa they expect Villa might be interested also. I'll just wait, hoping he won't leave.

Anita is CM/LB, right?

He can play LB, but he prefers CM/LM.

Please sign Debuchy...

/shrine hump

I heard we just bid 12 mil Euros but it's already been rejected. Twente want 15 mil!

elsk

Banned
In the Dutch press the only word is that Newcastle has to pay at least 10 million euros to get him. Anita himself said that Norwhich is also interested. And since Paul Lambert went to Villa they expect Villa might be interested also. I'll just wait, hoping he won't leave.

Why would he want to leave Ajax for Norwich?! At least Newcastle could play CL in the 2013/2014 if lucky but Norwich?

Linius

Why would he want to leave Ajax for Norwich?! At least Newcastle could play CL in the 2013/2014 if lucky but Norwich?
The only reason would be money in that case. But I don't think he will go there. He only said they're interested in him. Maybe they decided to make it public to raise the pressure for Newcastle in a possible bidding war.

jtb

Banned
Debuchy needs to come to Arsenal. Hope Wenger isn't dumb enough to not sign another right back... we don't even have a back-up, as it is. might as well raid the french national team for yet another player; only issues are Wenger/board (cheap fucks) and Sagna as competition. can't use it as leverage to force his way into France squad.

oh well, fuck what he wants, sign him anyways plz.

Kyoufu

I heard we just bid 12 mil Euros but it's already been rejected. Twente want 15 mil!

We're really not going to pay more than 12 million GBP for the guy. He is unproven in a real league :p

I really hope we get him though. We need a non-African striker and we need Debuchy!!!!!!!!!!!

Linius

Guys, De Jong said he rather stays with Twente next season. Twente wants a minimum of 18 million euros if he goes. On a sidenote, Benfica is also in the market for De jong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom