• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned

UsiJl.gif

Linius

elsk

Banned
^thanks, man!

pep: i dont know anything. havent talked to any club and im not ready to go to one yet.

Thanks, Kicker also published something about Martínez coming for much less than 40m. I really hope he ends up joining the team :(

danwarb

Portugal have averaged second lowest ball possession so far, 40%.

I tried that face thing and got 78% Anna Kournikova. Tried again and got 83% Anna Kournikova. Got to be the weird angle on the laptop camera.

K1LLER7

predict Portugal win 3-0

Hope Ronaldo and Nani can keep up their good form from the Netherlands match. If they play well they could beat Spain too.

Would like to see a England v Portugal final

Blablurn

^thanks, man!

Thanks, Kicker also published something about Martínez coming for much less than 40m. I really hope he ends up joining the team :(

man, is he really that good?

i say 3:1 portugal. ronaldo is gonna pull out his dick after scoring 3 goals.

bjaelke

I think the home field advantage will help Czech Republic and they'll need all the help they can get. Portugal is a big question mark. They'll either play some decent football or they'll fall a part. There seems to be very few options in between for the Portuguese side.

Czech Republic win on penalties after 1-1 draw.

Sure, she cleans up and looks better, but still a 6 or 7 at most.

Ice Cold. I love it. :D

I predict a comfortable Portugal victory. I think Ronaldo is going to find some scary good form. 3-0 Ronaldo with a Brace and Nani with a goal. Nani has been my player of the tournament so far I think.

So, it's just 2 weeks until our new shirts are getting sold and we've only seen two yellow shirts and each could be the home shirt or CL shirt or fake. No sign of the away shirt yet

You suck Puma, stop being good at keeping shit secret lol

K1LLER7

Ice Cold. I love it. :D

I predict a comfortable Portugal victory. I think Ronaldo is going to find some scary good form. 3-0 Ronaldo with a Brace and Nani with a goal. Nani has been my player of the tournament so far I think.

agree, he's been very good.

United need to get him to sign a new contract or get around 30m+ from a sale.

spidye

Random fact:

"Portugal" means "Orange" (fruit) in Farsi.

not exactly.
you write the fruit like this پرتقال
and the country like this پرتغال

a small but important difference ;)

Feorax

Twitter seems to have died on it's arse tonight. Funny that, I've only just realised how reliable it normally is, given how much of a hammering it probably takes every day.

Also, I know I'm a little late on this, but Lena Heady is by far one of my favorite actresses. She's played some amazing characters, she's stunning, and she is honestly my definitive Sarah Connor (And Linda Hamilton was pretty amazing in the role to begin with). Only thing is, her smile creeps me the fuck out...

On footballing matters, hoping we get a good, open game tonight. Probably won't happen though, since Portugal are basically England plus Ronaldo.

elsk

Banned
oh snap! i'm excited now haha

god, german commentators are the worst. the current one sounds soooo boring.

Kicker:
+++ 11.50 Uhr: Javi Martinez weiter im Visier der Bayern +++
Javi Martinez ist weiter im Visier des FC Bayern München. Der deutsche Rekordmeister konnte nach kicker-Informationen auch einen weiteren Teilerfolg verbuchen: Sein Verein Athletic Bilbao rückt von der irrwitzig festgeschriebenen Ablöse von 40 Millionen Euro ab. Wo sich die Transferleistung einpendeln wird, wurde aber noch nicht bekannt.

:)

If we really want to play 4-3-3, then yes he's the key transfer.

What would a 4-3-3 possibly change? You pretty much already play one.

it doesn't make a difference to me if it's:

Schweini-----Martinez
LOL---Kroos--Ribery
-------Gomez--------

or

Schweini-Kroos-Martinez
LOL----Gomez----Ribery

But I guess we'll see. Martinez is definately a step up compared to Tymoschshchschtuck and Gustavo but I don't know if he's worth 20-25m+ and a 7m after tax wage. Or to be honest I think that's just paying too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom