• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Hei, I'm finally watching Gone Baby Gone. Damn, I love Ben Affleck's directing.

Have you seen the Town? Ben Affleck is really proving to be a fantastic director, and Casey a great actor. (Wish he hadn't wasted years on that stupid Joaquin Phoenix mockumentary thing, nobody saw it, and even fewer people liked it.) Gone Baby Gone gives me chills, especially the ending. Only thing I didn't like about the movie was Morgan Freeman; guy is in fucking everything and he's a little too instantly recognizable for his own good.

GorillaJu

Paul, the apartment thing was first broken a few weeks ago before Spurs decided to hijack the transfer. It's not new unfortunately.

PaulLFC

Paul, the apartment thing was first broken a few weeks ago before Spurs decided to hijack the transfer. It's not new unfortunately.
Ah okay, cheers! I just checked the last couple of pages of the Sigurdsson thread and it seems to be being discussed again for some reason.

If you guys want the biggest selection of results, search Pixiv for サッカー (soccer)

Should have gone to bed, no sleep now.

T6t3q.jpg

I still expect him to go to Spurs to be honest, so I'm setting myself up for surprise if anything. Next few days will be interesting.

Sigurdsson is shit. I expect him to go to Liverpool.

I'm not going to let you get away with that one. I know how things work around here!

Fry

Great movie, I think The Town may be a little better though

Have you seen the Town? Ben Affleck is really proving to be a fantastic director, and Casey a great actor. (Wish he hadn't wasted years on that stupid Joaquin Phoenix mockumentary thing, nobody saw it, and even fewer people liked it.) Gone Baby Gone gives me chills, especially the ending. Only thing I didn't like about the movie was Morgan Freeman; guy is in fucking everything and he's a little too instantly recognizable for his own good.

Have I seen it? I know every fucking line of the movie. Watched it multiple times already, absolutely love it.
If there's one director I identify myself the most, it's probably Ben.

I've never paid attention to Casey's affleck career, but he's been great in this movie so far (damn, his voice is basically the same as his brother), and I'll be watching The Assassination of Jesse James soon enough.

GorillaJu

Ah okay, cheers! I just checked the last couple of pages of the Sigurdsson thread and it seems to be being discussed again for some reason.

Yeah. It was mentioned awhile ago, long before Spurs were involved. Tommo just gave it a firm confirmation in the last few pages when someone brought it up again.

GorillaJu

Sigurdsson is shit. I expect him to go to Liverpool.

I'm not going to let you get away with that one. I know how things work around here!

Haha. I'm not going to do this. I think he'll go to Liverpool. Allegedly we upped our wage offer to be at or near Spurs', so with Rodgers there and a minimal or non-existent wage gap, I'd expect us to be the stronger prospect of the two.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he did choose Spurs, but I'd be extremely disappointed.

jtb

Banned
Have I seen it? I know every fucking line of the movie. Watched it multiple times already, absolutely love it.
If there's one director I identify myself the most, it's probably Ben.

I've never paid attention to Casey's affleck career, but he's been great in this movie so far (damn, his voice is basically the same as his brother), and I'll be watching The Assassination of Jesse James soon enough.

nicee. they're very different movies (despite both heavily dipped in a Boston flavor), and I love that shootout climax in the Town. Really excellent direction for action (which most directors struggle with, especially Nolan), and the gun sounds were just visceral - reminded me of the best of Michael Mann, which is no small compliment.

He's directing a movie called "Argo" next, about the Iranian revolution and hostage crisis, iirc. The synopsis alone sounds really promising and it should be a good change of pace from his Boston crime films, though I don't know if its still slated to come out this year without any trailers or stills released yet

in other transfer related news, apparently Hugo Lloris is for sale. I hope Arsenal buy him; with Almunia (and Fabianksi too probably) on the way out, we obviously need more keeper competition. Szczezny is too immature to be a starting keeper atm, I think. at the very least, Lloris is probably a bit more proven than Viviano (and has been a FM legend for years) - so it probably comes down to price and whether Wenger wants a backup or a new number starting GK.

sneaky77

nicee. they're very different movies (despite both heavily dipped in a Boston flavor), and I love that shootout climax in the Town. Really excellent direction for action (which most directors struggle with, especially Nolan), and the gun sounds were just visceral - reminded me of the best of Michael Mann, which is no small compliment.

He's directing a movie called "Argo" next, about the Iranian revolution and hostage crisis, iirc. The synopsis alone sounds really promising and it should be a good change of pace from his Boston crime films, though I don't know if its still slated to come out this year without any trailers or stills released yet

in other transfer related news, apparently Hugo Lloris is for sale. I hope Arsenal buy him; with Almunia (and Fabianksi too probably) on the way out, we obviously need more keeper competition. Szczezny is too immature to be a starting keeper atm, I think. at the very least, Lloris is probably a bit more proven than Viviano (and has been a FM legend for years) - so it probably comes down to price and whether Wenger wants a backup or a new number starting GK.

There is a trailer that came out for Argo a while back. Looks interesting. I am def interested in it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW3WfSFgrVY

Fry

Yep, and that's one of my favorite things about him. After watching The Departed, it became my favorite movie, and since then I always welcomed another movie set in Boston. I don't know why but I love it there. And I agree about the gun sounds. You can especially notice that in the end of the movie, when
they're trapped inside the stadium and start a firefight against the police

Can't wait for Argo. Ben Affleck and Bryan fucking Cranston!!!!

Arnie

Hah. True. We're being linked with him a bit but that's because some rags are convinced Pepe Reina wants out. Don't believe that for a second.

Speaking of, Pepe's taken centre stage in the LFC poster mural I've erected in my new bedroom. At the moment it's a big poster of Pepe, hemmed in by smaller posters collected from match day programmes, as well as the player of the season/top goalscorer certificates we jokily handed out for our five-a-side team in a mock award ceremony.

So far the mural contains Pepe, Coates, Lucas, Jonjo, and Skrtel. I've got plenty of programmes waiting to be raided back at home (home) though, so expect that number to balloon.

Was happy for Spain tonight, despite them not playing the best of football thus far in the competition, they produced wonders on the night, and they're a mind blowing generation of players who deserve to make history. Loved Torres' assist at the end, don't know how he had the awareness to know Mata was exactly there, and the confidence to lay it off without ever looking.

Commiserations to Italy, they'll be disappointed tonight, but hopefully they'll look back on the tournament and see the positives. For me they played the best football of the competition but just ran out of steam.

The Departed had better be good, Fry.
Fantastic film.

Watched Law Abiding Citizen after the football. Absolutely cracking thriller. Better than Scarface.

Salazar

It's coming up to midday. Not movie time. I'll watch this afternoon.

Git on Redcafé defending Evra said:
I happen to believe that when United are dominating possession we see the best of him

Well that's just fucking marvellous, innit.

Arnie

Sal, are you trying to level out football GAF's horrendous misogynist lexicon by posting gifs that highlight the various higher level feats found in women's football?

Are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom