• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
For me, the Departed is good, not great, though I had seen Infernal Affairs (another good, not quite living up to the hype) before it - so that probably clouded my judgement. I've been kind of ambivalent on all of the Leo/Scorsese movies this decade, though that probably has more to do with Leo and the occasional lackluster script than it does Scorsese, I suppose.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
For me, the Departed is good, not great, though I had seen Infernal Affairs (another good, not quite living up to the hype) before it - so that probably clouded my judgement. I've been kind of ambivalent on all of the Leo/Scorsese movies this decade, though that probably has more to do with Leo and the occasional lackluster script than it does Scorsese, I suppose.

I really liked the second Infernal Affairs movie.

I didn't get Olympic tickets for anything, but I found out the other day that the Olympic road cycling goes pretty close to where we live. They're resurfacing all those roads though which is a fucking nightmare.

http://www.guardian.co.uk//sport/20...-tickets-schoolchildren?mobile-redirect=false
There are 1million unsold tickets for the football, so you may be able to catch Spain vs Brazil or whatever, depending on what they do with these tickets.

Cheers! It would be easiest for me to get to either Wembley Stadium or Cardiff so I am looking for these places.

I didn't get Olympic tickets for anything, but I found out the other day that the Olympic road cycling goes pretty close to where we live. They're resurfacing all those roads though which is a fucking nightmare.

I just keep checking the website which says it has tickets left in quite a few matches but when you check out they are unavailable!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Posted yet?

BECKHAM-TROLLING.gif

BECKS-VS-MASCOT.gif

FootballFan

Reading through the thread now, already see some football-gafers have been banned (like elsk and confuziz)

:(

edit
Also, who would have thought that Torres would have the golden boot of Euro 12, be a Euro 12 winner again, score in the final again, get an assist in the final, have a CL winners medal and FA Cup by the end of the season. :lol

Lightning

Banned
Since we're in the market for a goal keeper we should inquire about Julio Cesar. I am certain we could strike a deal with Inter regarding his transfer. He is one of the best goal keepers around, imo.

FootballFan

Would love to see Spain against Argentina. Would like to see how they'd stop Messi.

Argentina would be able to beat them if they played full on counter-attack. Messi sprinting at you with Higuain, Aguero and Di Maria making runs would be very hard to stop. Problem is Spain would destroy their defense even if they were allowed 2 extra defenders. :lol

Also that gif of Torres and all those kids running around is hilarious.

Sucks that elsk and confuziz got banned, wonder how long for.

bjaelke

Luis Suarez said:
Do you have any hobbies?

I like to play on the PlayStation. I enjoy that. When we go to the hotel before a match I play with Maxi and with Seba. We play Pro Evolution Soccer but Maxi and Seba are bad players - I am the best!

Who is your favourite forward in the world?

For me it was Gabriel Batistuta. I think he was the best player. He was a number nine with plenty of character and he scored great goals.
KgYHI.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Didi is a fantastic underrated boss.

I loved The Departed, I'll never forget how I yelled in shock in the cinema/movies haha. No point in watching it if you've seen Infernal Affairs. It's like watching a remake of The Sixth Sense.
Suarez said:
Who is your favourite forward in the world?

For me it was Gabriel Batistuta. I think he was the best player. He was a number nine with plenty of character and he scored great goals

Batigol was one of the scariest fowards I have ever seen. Respect!

GQman2121

Banned
When is AVB going to be unveiled? Surely once that happens the transfer rumors (coming and going) will pickup for Spurs.

Dos Santos is gone; Modric likely gone; and Adebayor is still questionable. I hope they work something out to hold on to him though.

Fry

10m is a joke of an offer, but Van Persie isn't unattainable at all. Podolski, Giroud, Walcott, Ox, Gervinho. There isn't much room for all these players, if City comes in for him, I doubt he'll stay.

Salazar

Scott Wilson ‏@Scottwilsonecho
#SAFC confirm signing of free agent Carlos Cuellar - has to place huge question mark over the future of Titus Bramble in particular.

And

Manchester United have confirmed the release of four players, as preparation for the 2012/13 season resumes in earnest.

Players can officially join or leave clubs from 1 July and the Reds confirmed on Monday morning that first-teamers Tomas Kuszczak and Michael Owen, as well as 18-year-old goalkeepers Liam Jacob and Joe Coll, have been released.

GorillaJu

Spurs apparently in for Dzagoev, at least according to his father.

I wonder how much they'll be spending this window? Don't think Villas Boas is capable of doing much on a limited budget. Some people are saying 70+ million...

Fry

Salazar, do you post on GAF while watching a movie as well? Some people think it's ridiculous, but lately I can't seem to finish a movie at one go, I always give it a pause to eat something or come by the forum.

dc89

Iniesta is UEFA's player of Euro 2012.

Gerrard is named in the squad of Euro 2012.

UEFA feel pity on England.

sohois

Spurs apparently in for Dzagoev, at least according to his father.

I wonder how much they'll be spending this window? Don't think Villas Boas is capable of doing much on a limited budget. Some people are saying 70+ million...

Well 70 million is not out of reach with player sales, Modric of course will likely fetch £30+ mil. Furthermore, since transfer fees are not immediately credited in the accounts but amortised over the life of the contract, from an FFP point of view it would be possible for a club to spend heavily in one season and then cut back over the next few seasons. Wages could prove a stumbling block given Tottenham's traditional restrictions in that area, it may well be that the quoted figure includes wages over the life of the contract.

In addition, there is the possibility that tottenham are pursuing the same strategy that brought down Leeds back in 2000s, spending heavily in anticipation of Champions League revenues covering the costs. Unlike Leeds, Tottenham have a competent owner who I believe is very wealthy and thus should the plan backfire it would likely not result in a Leeds situation, Tottenham would merely have to tighten their belts for a few years.

By far the most likely answer is that Tottenham have a standard budget and they are linked with lots of players because teams are always linked with lots of players, in the end they will sign a few for reasonable prices and all the talk of 70million budgets and what not is just made up speculation.

GorillaJu

Fair enough!

Just hope they don't blow it all on the Gylf. Or, rather, if they are going to get the Gylf, please do blow it all and don't get anyone else!

dc89

Ah hang on, it's a squad. So he's probably on the bench considering there are 10 Spanish players in the 23 man squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom